143 High Street
Kent, TN13 1UXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.valentinafinefoods.com/
- Phone: 01732 469349
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Massimo Grippa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: Whether it's an executive business lunch, or an extravagant buffet for a family celebration, you can now recreate the Valentina spirit at home or in the office. Simply download our menu, and choose from a selection of party platters, starters, main courses and desserts. For those of you who always have a hard time choosing from our menu, we've put together some suggestions. We offer a celebration cake service to order, and our wine expert is always on hand to recommend something from our 200 strong Italian regional selection.
- Entertainment: Valentina Sevenoaks offers weekend tastings as well as a dedicated calendar of live entertainment. Check our website for a list of featured artists.
A word from Valentina Sevenoaks
Valentina is an authentic Italian run delicatessen and restaurant. Family run and owned, we aim to provide the best store cupboard essentials and Italian regional specialties, as well as serving recipe dishes that have been handed down through our own families for generations. Our team are passionate about authenticity: each year we return to our family farm to help with the olive harvest for our own olive oil, egg pasta is made daily in our kitchens and every product that we sell has been tasted and selected by the team - all of whom were either born in Italy, or have Italian roots. Offering both a children's and adult's menu, our food is hearty, rustic style food that we enjoy in our own homes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Valentina Sevenoaks - Best restaurants in Sevenoaks ›
Valentina Sevenoaks reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since 26 November 2013
fit for foodies (32)group bookings (25)special occasions (25)child friendly (25)romance (22)brunch (20)business meals (19)outstanding value (18)good vegetarian options (17)pre/post theatre (17)sunday lunch (17)afternoon tea (8)disabled access (8)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- A real taste of Italy!GrahamDined on 21/11/2014This was my first visit to Valentina's, though I had heard good reports of it! From the moment you walk in, you are transported to Italy. The sights and the smells in the shop itself, the pictures on the walls, but above all the friendly greeting in the restaurant, in Italian ( although, of course, they understand and speak English!). A real Italian restaurant with real Italian food, freshly and lovingly prepared! If you like Italian food, served in a friendly Italian family-run restaurant, then this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant eveningSam76Dined on 7/11/2014Birthday dinner with some friends, food and service was really good, two other parties were too loud at times which in a medium size dining area was annoying at times. No fault of the restaurant though. So overall worth visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sevenoaks Italian GemTwolittlepigsDined on 4/11/2014We went for pre cinema dinner and found the food and service to be excellent. It was good value for money. Clientele was of a mixed age group creating a nice ambience. This was our first visit but we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday treatTabicatDined on 29/10/2014I friend treated me to lunch here for my birthday - having spent a walking holiday in Tuscany recently, I was keen to find some authentic Italian food here in the UK. The service was excellent, staff really helpful and friendly and I liked that the lunch menu wasn't overly comprehensive. I chose the pasta with boar ragu - very tasty - but very different to the dish I had in Chianti - too much tomato and not enough boar! That said it was good quality food, very enjoyable and overall the meal was probably one of the best Italian meals I've enjoyed in this country.Special Features:
- Great food and attentive waiterLuv2eatDined on 12/10/2014Great place to meet for relaxed get together with friends. Left alone to enjoy the wonderful food and no pressure to hurry. Good with children and good sized children's pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentina'sSuziTfoodieDined on 26/9/2014Valentina's is our favourite restaurant in Sevenoaks and we go there as regularly as possible - more so since we moved to the area. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is Italian or anyone who loves Italian food. The ambiance is great - feels as though you're actually in Italy - and the staff seem genuinely pleased to see you and serve you. There is a fantastic deli as you enter the restaurant and I usually come away with Taleggio cheese, olives, olive oil and Italian sausages. The place is spotlessly clean including the toilets and the overall dining experience is a real pleasure. My Husband says the Tiramisu is the best he's ever had and it is all very reasonably priced. They have a very good selection of wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch venueSandyDined on 26/9/2014Had never been to Valentina before but was very impressed. I visited at lunchtime & felt it was somewhere different to go to. The food was excellent & all staff very helpful & friendly. Would definitely visit again & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and friendlyModolaDined on 20/9/2014A very nice experience all round from the booking to the reception we received from the waiting staff and the food - we couldn't fault Valentina's at all and a reasonable price as well for three courses which thoroughly enjoyed. We will definately return again!!Special Features:
- A great findgood2eatDined on 28/8/2014This was our first visit and we will go again. It serves lovely Italian dishes in a friendly style, no pressure but very good service.. The semifredo dessert was yummy! The adjacent shop sells a great selection of Italian ingredients if you want to try some cooking at home, but why bother!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morning coffeeflinflonDined on 12/8/2014Great cafe and good restaurant. Love the Italian atmosphere, food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italiandonnaVIPDined on 29/7/2014my 4/5th visit here - always excellent, authentic italian food served by lovely people. hope it always retains its personal touchSpecial Features:
- Super Italianjane9Dined on 4/7/2014First visit to Valentina Sevenoaks and think it won't be the last. The food was delicious and there was more than enough food in each serving. The food arrived quickly but we were not rushed to finish each course or pressed to leave. The staff were friendly and attentive and overall we had a fantastic meal.
- A lovely EveningTrackyDined on 20/6/2014I met up with a friend who I had not seen for a couple of years. The service was excellent and we weren't rushed at any point throughout the evening, which was great as were doing a lot of chatting! The food was superb and there was a vast choice of wine. The deli next door made the whole dining experience authentic and the overall ambience was lovely. Will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- Valentina, SevenoaksBrookmanDined on 14/6/2014We have visited this restaurant several times. On every occasion the food has been very good, friendly service to children, oldies and everyone in between, and good value. This late lunchtime visit was still at the same great standard. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFiona83Dined on 31/5/2014We were so pleased with our whole experience. Authentic Itailian, delicious and well presented food at a reasonable price. The staff were really friendly too. Highly recommend for people who enjoy good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RisottoFinedinerDined on 27/5/2014Lovely meal. I'd go again but I'm not sure my main course included all the ingredients stated in the description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stefanoDined on 21/4/2014The friendliness of the staff is always apparent, and Marco makes everybody so welcome. The standard of food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Valentina's does it againSuziTfoodieDined on 18/4/2014I had told friends how great Valentina in Sevenoaks is and we went there on Friday. We had a fantastic time and a fantastic meal as always. Love the staff and love the deli section. We'll all be back as soon as possible. Thanks Valentina's Sevenoaks would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealPeter37Dined on 30/3/2014Booked for five people originally for Mother's Day, but changed to ten at last moment. They managed to squeeze us all in at short notice. As usual the food and service was great. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day mealFehentleyDined on 30/3/2014We had a really enjoyable meal here for Mother's Day and the free glass of prosseco was a thoughtful and lovely surprise! The food was of a very high standard and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian experienceRuckersDined on 28/3/2014This restaurant is part deli and is mainly staffed by Italians. The service was great, friendly and nicely paced. Food was very very good. Would definitely eat there again when next in Sevenoaks.Special Features:
- Great find in sevenoaksLulabelleDined on 22/3/2014I had been recommended Valentina's for a large family celebration. They were very accomodating with our range of ages from 3 years of age to 94!!!! I would highly recommend Valentina's for the great personable service from Marco and his attractive staff. The food was excellent and flavoursome. Good value for money. The service could not be faulted and they always had a smile. I will always choose Marco and his team for an evening out. I am motivated to try a lunchtime meal. I am sure it would be a top experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceFoodloverDined on 15/3/2014A good, friendly service. Good food at a good price.Special Features:
- popular restaurantthingyDined on 23/2/2014Valentina's in a very popular restaurant, and deservedly so. It allows children in and when I had Sunday lunch last week it was rather noisy. However the quality of the food more than compensates. I can certainly recommend, but you always need to book well in advance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentina, SevenoakscoqeauvinDined on 15/2/2014Excellent service and a solid Italian menu. The wine list is also detailed and broad-ranged. Good fun browsing the deli after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines at Valentina'sGary007Dined on 14/2/2014We had a very poor meal which is surprising because you would have thought they might have made a greater effort on valentines day. Scallops were on a special Valentines menu but they were not fresh and very mushy. The belly of pork was tasteless and extra fatty. The only nice item was the orange sorbet, which is a bit hard to muck up. I read on the website that if you buy a starter and main, your sweet is free, but there was no mention of this in the restaurant. What we did get free was a piece of plastic in the main meal. It was more tasty than the Belly of pork. The restaurant was not very busy for such a night and I think this reflects on the quality of the food. After asking for the bill I was uncomfortably watched until I paid it.
- Authentic Italian style dining,stefanoDined on 26/1/2014Authentic Italian style dining, always friendly & welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian foodShez250Dined on 25/1/2014I visited Valentina on a cold, rainy night this January and was pleased it was such a warm and cosy place. The service was very good with not one, not two, but three different people attending to us! I picked the steak which was cooked to perfection and my partner had a pizza, all washed down with some Prosecco. Loved the decor and atmosphere. Am planning to go back soon with my my parents,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely good againBdbellaDined on 25/1/2014Once again they were busy but very keen to keep us happy while we waited for our table to become free. One friend had never been before and said she thought the food was very good. We had various pasta dishes one of which was meatballs and speck ham which is a very unusual and interesting dish and another friend had a delicious chicken salad, washed down with a decent glass of red. The basic tomato sauce Napoletana is delicious and must be the base for other fantastic pasta dishes. My only issue is they do not sell it as a fresh sauce to take home as I would buy a vat of it! As usual some is us has the lovely tiramisu to finish which did not disappoint. Valentina's is a great buzzy little place for lunch or dinner and I love it.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableStucazzDined on 20/1/2014Really good selection of dishes, spoilt for choice. You can also do some shopping after your meal with a wonderful deli as part of the restaurant. Very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had vouchers for 50 % offshadow66Dined on 19/1/2014we had vouchers for 50 % off food sent to email for what we thought were reg customers special treatment..showed voucher when we got there and were told everyone gets the offer-didn't makes us feel "special". menu much condensed from last visit- still good..... no offer of parmesan cheese with any dish.....why do we have to ask ?Special Features:
- I have had the pleasure ofExcellentDined on 19/1/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Valentinas on many previous occasions and once more I was most impressed by the food, wine and service. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as usual. MarcoRaymDined on 9/1/2014excellent as usual. Marco is fantastic and such a good manager. Thoroughly recommend it and all the staff are very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014On a rainy Wednesday evening four of us gathered for a family birthday dinner. We had a fabulous evening. Both of the girls looked after us beautifully and attentively. The food was lovely. The wine list is surprisingly impressive. Yes, it's all Italian wine but to me that was why it impressed - the breadth and choice from region to region was outstanding. Good advice too as to what to choose. The dining room works on lots of levels - it is bright and airy yet cosy and friendly. We felt like we were on an Italian holiday and will definitely be returning. A wet January evening felt like Amalfie on a warm spring night. Well done Valentino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014How lovely to eat in a real Italian restaurant rather than the faux ones that are springing up all over the place offering pizza and pasta like there was no other food on offer in Italy! Valentina smells like Italy and the combination of fabulous and imaginative good with attentive and charming service is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for New Year's eve. ASevenoaks13Dined on 31/12/2013Went for New Year's eve. A warm welcome, great food and a fun atmosphere. We had a great time and it's so nice to go somewhere where they don't hike the price up for NYE. Will certainly be going again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disappointingStratsDined on 28/12/2013We had the mixed meats starter and and the lobster linguine special. We felt the all the seafood in the linguine was from the freezer and so a bit tired and dry; the cherry tomato sauce was nice though. Not sure it was worth approx £18.00 each. I had a chocolate fondant dessert but it wasn't hot enough for the sauce to ooze or icecream to melt. Bit disappointed.
- A great place to eatFoodloverDined on 21/12/2013A great place to eat, good value with a warm and friendly service.Special Features:
- Lovely afternoon.NannyhoneyDined on 19/12/2013Went for lunch with a good friend ,food fantastic, due to loud level of people the music was a distraction as it sounded tinny . Glad we booked through toptable as the place was full. Will definitely go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lovely foodSevenoaks27Dined on 11/12/2013I haven't been for a few years, and hoped it will still be as good. But it was even better. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.