143 High Street
Kent, TN13 1UXNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.valentinafinefoods.com/
- Phone: 01732469349
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Massimo Grippa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: Whether it's an executive business lunch, or an extravagant buffet for a family celebration, you can now recreate the Valentina spirit at home or in the office. Simply download our menu, and choose from a selection of party platters, starters, main courses and desserts. For those of you who always have a hard time choosing from our menu, we've put together some suggestions. We offer a celebration cake service to order, and our wine expert is always on hand to recommend something from our 200 strong Italian regional selection.
- Entertainment: Valentina Sevenoaks offers weekend tastings as well as a dedicated calendar of live entertainment. Check our website for a list of featured artists.
A word from Valentina Sevenoaks
Valentina is an authentic Italian run delicatessen and restaurant. Family run and owned, we aim to provide the best store cupboard essentials and Italian regional specialties, as well as serving recipe dishes that have been handed down through our own families for generations. Our team are passionate about authenticity: each year we return to our family farm to help with the olive harvest for our own olive oil, egg pasta is made daily in our kitchens and every product that we sell has been tasted and selected by the team - all of whom were either born in Italy, or have Italian roots. Offering both a children's and adult's menu, our food is hearty, rustic style food that we enjoy in our own homes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Valentina Sevenoaks - Best restaurants in Sevenoaks ›
Valentina Sevenoaks reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since 21 May 2014
fit for foodies (30)special occasions (27)child friendly (25)group bookings (23)romance (23)good vegetarian options (21)outstanding value (21)brunch (19)sunday lunch (17)pre/post theatre (15)business meals (14)disabled access (7)afternoon tea (6)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- A great findgood2eatDined on 28/8/2014This was our first visit and we will go again. It serves lovely Italian dishes in a friendly style, no pressure but very good service.. The semifredo dessert was yummy! The adjacent shop sells a great selection of Italian ingredients if you want to try some cooking at home, but why bother!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morning coffeeflinflonDined on 12/8/2014Great cafe and good restaurant. Love the Italian atmosphere, food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italiandonnaVIPDined on 29/7/2014my 4/5th visit here - always excellent, authentic italian food served by lovely people. hope it always retains its personal touchSpecial Features:
- Super Italianjane9Dined on 4/7/2014First visit to Valentina Sevenoaks and think it won't be the last. The food was delicious and there was more than enough food in each serving. The food arrived quickly but we were not rushed to finish each course or pressed to leave. The staff were friendly and attentive and overall we had a fantastic meal.
- A lovely EveningTrackyDined on 20/6/2014I met up with a friend who I had not seen for a couple of years. The service was excellent and we weren't rushed at any point throughout the evening, which was great as were doing a lot of chatting! The food was superb and there was a vast choice of wine. The deli next door made the whole dining experience authentic and the overall ambience was lovely. Will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- Valentina, SevenoaksBrookmanDined on 14/6/2014We have visited this restaurant several times. On every occasion the food has been very good, friendly service to children, oldies and everyone in between, and good value. This late lunchtime visit was still at the same great standard. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFiona83Dined on 31/5/2014We were so pleased with our whole experience. Authentic Itailian, delicious and well presented food at a reasonable price. The staff were really friendly too. Highly recommend for people who enjoy good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RisottoFinedinerDined on 27/5/2014Lovely meal. I'd go again but I'm not sure my main course included all the ingredients stated in the description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stefanoDined on 21/4/2014The friendliness of the staff is always apparent, and Marco makes everybody so welcome. The standard of food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Valentina's does it againSuziTfoodieDined on 18/4/2014I had told friends how great Valentina in Sevenoaks is and we went there on Friday. We had a fantastic time and a fantastic meal as always. Love the staff and love the deli section. We'll all be back as soon as possible. Thanks Valentina's Sevenoaks would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealPeter37Dined on 30/3/2014Booked for five people originally for Mother's Day, but changed to ten at last moment. They managed to squeeze us all in at short notice. As usual the food and service was great. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day mealFehentleyDined on 30/3/2014We had a really enjoyable meal here for Mother's Day and the free glass of prosseco was a thoughtful and lovely surprise! The food was of a very high standard and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian experienceRuckersDined on 28/3/2014This restaurant is part deli and is mainly staffed by Italians. The service was great, friendly and nicely paced. Food was very very good. Would definitely eat there again when next in Sevenoaks.Special Features:
- Great find in sevenoaksLulabelleDined on 22/3/2014I had been recommended Valentina's for a large family celebration. They were very accomodating with our range of ages from 3 years of age to 94!!!! I would highly recommend Valentina's for the great personable service from Marco and his attractive staff. The food was excellent and flavoursome. Good value for money. The service could not be faulted and they always had a smile. I will always choose Marco and his team for an evening out. I am motivated to try a lunchtime meal. I am sure it would be a top experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceFoodloverDined on 15/3/2014A good, friendly service. Good food at a good price.Special Features:
- popular restaurantthingyDined on 23/2/2014Valentina's in a very popular restaurant, and deservedly so. It allows children in and when I had Sunday lunch last week it was rather noisy. However the quality of the food more than compensates. I can certainly recommend, but you always need to book well in advance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentina, SevenoakscoqeauvinDined on 15/2/2014Excellent service and a solid Italian menu. The wine list is also detailed and broad-ranged. Good fun browsing the deli after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines at Valentina'sGary007Dined on 14/2/2014We had a very poor meal which is surprising because you would have thought they might have made a greater effort on valentines day. Scallops were on a special Valentines menu but they were not fresh and very mushy. The belly of pork was tasteless and extra fatty. The only nice item was the orange sorbet, which is a bit hard to muck up. I read on the website that if you buy a starter and main, your sweet is free, but there was no mention of this in the restaurant. What we did get free was a piece of plastic in the main meal. It was more tasty than the Belly of pork. The restaurant was not very busy for such a night and I think this reflects on the quality of the food. After asking for the bill I was uncomfortably watched until I paid it.
- Authentic Italian style dining,stefanoDined on 26/1/2014Authentic Italian style dining, always friendly & welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian foodShez250Dined on 25/1/2014I visited Valentina on a cold, rainy night this January and was pleased it was such a warm and cosy place. The service was very good with not one, not two, but three different people attending to us! I picked the steak which was cooked to perfection and my partner had a pizza, all washed down with some Prosecco. Loved the decor and atmosphere. Am planning to go back soon with my my parents,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely good againBdbellaDined on 25/1/2014Once again they were busy but very keen to keep us happy while we waited for our table to become free. One friend had never been before and said she thought the food was very good. We had various pasta dishes one of which was meatballs and speck ham which is a very unusual and interesting dish and another friend had a delicious chicken salad, washed down with a decent glass of red. The basic tomato sauce Napoletana is delicious and must be the base for other fantastic pasta dishes. My only issue is they do not sell it as a fresh sauce to take home as I would buy a vat of it! As usual some is us has the lovely tiramisu to finish which did not disappoint. Valentina's is a great buzzy little place for lunch or dinner and I love it.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableStucazzDined on 20/1/2014Really good selection of dishes, spoilt for choice. You can also do some shopping after your meal with a wonderful deli as part of the restaurant. Very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had vouchers for 50 % offshadow66Dined on 19/1/2014we had vouchers for 50 % off food sent to email for what we thought were reg customers special treatment..showed voucher when we got there and were told everyone gets the offer-didn't makes us feel "special". menu much condensed from last visit- still good..... no offer of parmesan cheese with any dish.....why do we have to ask ?Special Features:
- I have had the pleasure ofExcellentDined on 19/1/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Valentinas on many previous occasions and once more I was most impressed by the food, wine and service. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as usual. MarcoRaymDined on 9/1/2014excellent as usual. Marco is fantastic and such a good manager. Thoroughly recommend it and all the staff are very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014On a rainy Wednesday evening four of us gathered for a family birthday dinner. We had a fabulous evening. Both of the girls looked after us beautifully and attentively. The food was lovely. The wine list is surprisingly impressive. Yes, it's all Italian wine but to me that was why it impressed - the breadth and choice from region to region was outstanding. Good advice too as to what to choose. The dining room works on lots of levels - it is bright and airy yet cosy and friendly. We felt like we were on an Italian holiday and will definitely be returning. A wet January evening felt like Amalfie on a warm spring night. Well done Valentino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014How lovely to eat in a real Italian restaurant rather than the faux ones that are springing up all over the place offering pizza and pasta like there was no other food on offer in Italy! Valentina smells like Italy and the combination of fabulous and imaginative good with attentive and charming service is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for New Year's eve. ASevenoaks13Dined on 31/12/2013Went for New Year's eve. A warm welcome, great food and a fun atmosphere. We had a great time and it's so nice to go somewhere where they don't hike the price up for NYE. Will certainly be going again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disappointingStratsDined on 28/12/2013We had the mixed meats starter and and the lobster linguine special. We felt the all the seafood in the linguine was from the freezer and so a bit tired and dry; the cherry tomato sauce was nice though. Not sure it was worth approx £18.00 each. I had a chocolate fondant dessert but it wasn't hot enough for the sauce to ooze or icecream to melt. Bit disappointed.
- A great place to eatFoodloverDined on 21/12/2013A great place to eat, good value with a warm and friendly service.Special Features:
- Lovely afternoon.NannyhoneyDined on 19/12/2013Went for lunch with a good friend ,food fantastic, due to loud level of people the music was a distraction as it sounded tinny . Glad we booked through toptable as the place was full. Will definitely go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lovely foodSevenoaks27Dined on 11/12/2013I haven't been for a few years, and hoped it will still be as good. But it was even better. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightbigyerexDined on 7/12/2013went here saturday for a meal with friends, i had the steak and finally a restaurant that can deliver a steak as ordered, everyone enjoyed their food which was done to perfection, i will go back for another meal and would tell my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchBecciDined on 24/11/2013We had a great time. Delicious food for grown ups and lots of great treats for the kids too. Plus a wonderful Italian supermarket too.Special Features:
- Delightful Valentina"ssaturdaydinerDined on 16/11/2013We had a lovely meal at Valentina"s... The best ribeye steak I haves had in a long time.. My wife had the liver which was cooked to perfection... It wasn't a special occasion but was made special nonetheless... We were attended very well and couldn't fault anything... We both had a fabulous evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbExcellentDined on 12/11/2013This is the 4th time I have dined at Valentina Sevenoaks and as usual it did not disappoint. I had a business lunch there today. The welcome, the food, the wine, and the friendly service were all first rate. It feels like Italy and the place was busy which added to the ambience and lively feeling. I will definitely recommend as will my business colleague.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family run restaurantVicsheeDined on 11/11/2013Me and my partner have dined at Valentina twice, both times we were more than satisfied, great fresh food, friendly service and great wine! We can't wait to go back a third time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianLynSevDined on 7/11/2013I have yet to be disappointed with this restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble and they are always willing to accommodate my very particular vegetarian daughter's requests. The staff are always friendly and helpful and Marco is always cheerful and bubbly. I love the food - it is sooo delicious and that is the main reason that we always seem to choose to go here whenever we are contemplating where to go. The fact that the staff are so good is the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No atmosphereCollectbreadDined on 20/10/2013The food was good, and the service wasn't bad (although it took a while to get a drink initially), but the real problem with Valentina is the lack of atmosphere. The lights are far too bright, giving it a school canteen feel and the music was dreadful. It sounded like they had Italian radio on- the music itself was fine but a man kept talking and shouting loudly over each song and singing along badly! I would suggest a CD would be a much better option. We will not be returning to Valentina unless they get these two issues resolved.Special Features:
- Dinner with friends.TonbridgeDinersDined on 19/10/2013The extensive menu and excellent wine list gave us the choices we required to get a true taste of Italy. Our dining experience was shared with friends who like us found the friendly service and bubbling atmosphere a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.