Villagio Ristorante - Basildon
Festival Leisure Park
Basildon, SS14 3WBNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Villagio Ristorante - Basildon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagiorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 01268 286748
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Villagio Ristorante - Basildon
Villagio restaurant in Basildon is found right where you want it -- the bustling Festival Leisure Park – perfect for days out with the children. This is a family-friend Italian restaurant in the new style that retains all that is best about classic Italian restaurants. The décor is bright and cheerful and fresh, the ambience relaxed and easy and the menu a delight. The service retains all the warmth of a true Italian welcome and the freshness and universal appeal of the cuisine is undimmed. From classic antipasti to sharing boards of fine charcuterie, from stone-baked pizzas to grown-up grills and steaks and popular children’s choices, the menu offers everything you are seeking, even Villagio’s own stupendous burger. Open from breakfast through late supper, Villagio is your new local Italian.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Villagio Ristorante - Basildon - Best restaurants in Basildon ›
Villagio Ristorante - Basildon reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (29)pre/post theatre (19)romance (17)business meals (16)group bookings (16)outstanding value (13)fit for foodies (12)good vegetarian options (12)child friendly (10)brunch (8)disabled access (7)sunday lunch (7)outdoor eating (4)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Yummy!Jake52Dined on 16/11/2014Had a wonderful Fettucine but there was a lot of pasta that you really couldn't eat anything else. But if i can get a friend to go here for Dinner - i will.. it just feels comfortable and easy going... But would have liked room for some TIRAMISU :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/11/2014I do prefer Villagio's to any other eating place at Festival Leisure park, but this last visit a bit disappointed with the food. It was an early booking and food was served very quickly, too quickly, pasta had obviously been microwaved and was burning hot and texture not great. Yes I will go back as the preferred restaurant but will not have pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great for Food AllergiesginiscanlanDined on 3/11/2014I notified the restaurant on booking that I was dairy and gluten free, however although the waitress was aware then we arrived, no arrangements had been made to accommodate my dietary requirements, other than the waitress telling me I could only choose a 'grill' and would need to have the salad instead of potatoes because they'd been prepared that morning and all had garlic butter/seasoning on them. Obviously I can't eat the bread or pasta so surely it wouldn't have been too much to ask to hold back one portion of potato? My friend's dinner arrived with a long dark brown hair mixed into the sauce but they took the cost of her main course off of the bill. It really was a poor effort all round.
- Chelsea1Dined on 31/10/2014Very disappointed.The starter which was sharing board had English ham on it (Italian restaurant) the variety on the board was limited. The waitress we felt was very rude.She approached our table wanting to take my husbands plate, whilst he was talking and not eating!!!! When told he was not finished her reply was " what are you taking a break" he had a plate full of food. Very much doubt if we will return.
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/10/2014Food was amazing service was terrible. There was about Four other tables so not very busy . We were left long periods of time without drinks .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itSarahlsDined on 26/9/2014Went here for a meal with my boyfriend before cinema, service was good, friendly staff, didn't have a long wait for food, food was lovely, so compliments to the chefs outback :)Special Features:
- excellent all roundBrillFoodDined on 19/9/2014Everything about this restaurant is excellent, great service very prompt and most important the staff are friendly! everything is well maintained, organised and clean. they use the space well fitting in a good amount of tables without making it to cramped. Then onto the food, by far the best Italian restaurant I've been to. My starter main and desert was delicious, not a fault in anything. My friends also thought the same. I recommended this restaurant straight away to anyone who asked how it was. I will 100% be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualBedders29Dined on 25/8/2014Nice atmosphere, not too noisy, but light background music was acceptable. Gave me the chance to catch up with friends, in a comfortable area.Special Features:
- Beautiful foodTru4youDined on 8/8/2014The food was beautiful and although mire expensive it was worth the money one of the nicest Italians we have visited and if you have a cinema ticket you get discount staff were very friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely eveningTinkabelleDined on 8/8/2014Came we a group of friends, two of whom hadn't visited before. We all had a lovely evening. Food and service were great, as usual.Special Features:
- Ok .vaundaleDined on 25/7/2014Not great, but not bad. Run of the mill chain restaurant. Pizza was better than the pasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family mealTinkabelleDined on 18/7/2014Five of us enjoyed a family meal, each choosing a different option from the menu. Everyone was very happy with their choice and there was also some taste testing.Special Features:
- VillagoSnoopyDined on 18/7/2014At last a lovely Italian restarant on our doorstepSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!AnnieFoodieLovieDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Villagio. The food was gorgeous and really good value for money - I would certainly recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingShelleyDined on 25/5/2014Food was bland and the tomato and fed onion salad was very over priced for what it wasSpecial Features:
- RobinRobinDined on 17/5/2014I have been to villagio in basildon several times In small groups and larger and with a small child All are well catered for. The staff are polite and friendly. I am not vegiterian but my daughter is and has enjoyed meals there Many thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top classcolin136Dined on 6/5/2014this has for me got to be the best place to eat out in basildon at the moment they cant do much to improve itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere -welcoming staffCelebrationsDined on 5/5/2014It can be a bit pricey for everyday eating but the food was lovely, served by very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us but weren't over powering.. Loved all the meals last night. 5 of us dining and the conversation flowed because the ambience was good and the tables were set with enough room apart that you do not become a part of other peoples conversations. I dined here a few days ago, just 2 of us and had a beautiful trout for my main meal but thought the starters was a bit dry. But the service was also really good then.. I would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WouldHannahpDined on 19/4/2014A good restaurant with excellent service and lovely food. It was only slightly let down by the ambience, there is no music played and it is a very loud venue. The chicken Milanese was delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayRileyDined on 29/3/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time having looked at the reviews. We all enjoyed our food very much, the service was excellent, nice atmosphere, would go again, no negatives on our part.Special Features:
- Good Italian food in BasildonRoytheboyDined on 23/3/2014We had lunch after visiting the cinema this Sunday. Started with some tasty olives, followed by pizza and coffee, it was all very nice and the waiting staff friendly and helpful. As an added bonus if you have your cinema tickets you get 25% off your food order. Overall a very good meal in a nicely decorated restaurant. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villagio restaurant, BasildonAggieDined on 16/3/2014Our first visit to this area, mainly for the cinema. Friends recommended Villagio and it came up to expectations - perhaps with the exception of the music. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient. We all loved our desserts, especially the chocolate fudge cake! We will return..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food, good serviceJosieDined on 1/3/2014Had a nice lunch here. Food was of a good standard, including the food on the kids menu, and liked the little touches like all the vegetables that came with the kids' garlic bread. Staff very friendly and understanding with the children, even when mine spilt apple juice all over the table! Reasonable prices too. would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, prompt service,GraceDined on 28/2/2014Delicious food, prompt service, great value - would definitely recommend and will be back! Early sittings are ideal for families (the staff were very accommodating of our children), if you want a romantic or quiet grown up meal book a little later - but definitely book for weekends as it gets busy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DiningfamilydiningDined on 28/2/2014If you are a family looking to celebrate with very young children it is recommended that you get the earliest booking possible for dinner. So the noise of the young ones will not disturbed any diners trying to have an intimate dining experience. Otherwise it is a nice place for a change from the regular fast food places to take the kids.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceGastroDined on 27/2/2014Thursday 27th Feb'14: We arrived at 1715 hrs to dine prior to going to the adjacent cinema at 1900 hrs. Very happy with the quality of the food & found the staff friendly & helpful. However service was extremely slow, starter came fairly promptly, long delay before the main course arrived after 1830 hrs, hastened our order. Despite having to rush eating had no time for a sweet or coffee & missed the start of the film. Consider the wines are over priced , £18.50 for a run of the mill Pinot Grigio.Special Features:
- Villagiolicious!Jake52Dined on 26/2/2014I took a friend to Villagio's at Basildon as a Birthday treat last week - we had a wonderful evening - i have been before and i liked it then too... a lovely ambience, staff are very efficient and professional - and the foods is great - what more could we have wanted! I like looking out by the windows as it makes yiou feel like your eating in a restaurant on holiday along a promenade...soooooooooo relaxing mmmmmm!!! Jackie of WickfordSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makeover/photoshotSean63Dined on 19/2/2014From the time we arrived to the time we left every thing was great waitress helped with the menu explaining dishes we where not familiar with making sure all was well thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than cinemaPauloDined on 8/2/2014This place is ideal for a pre cinema meal, the food is good, my starter of goats cheese was full of flavour and just the right amount, and the lemon cheesecake was excellent. The food all tastes freshly prepared. The service is efficient and friendly, and our experience was certainly better than the film we went to afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitFussyfeedersDined on 31/1/2014Welcoming front of house Rather cramped tables Very friendly helpful waitresses Good Menu Excellent bottle of Merlot Enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningfriendsDined on 24/1/2014A good evening was had by all. Good food, good company and very good service. What more could you ask for? Staff very helpful and accomodating. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villagio BasildonTrilogyDined on 24/1/2014Good food but why are restaurants so noisy these days? Have been before for lunch and restaurant was not busy and the meal was peaceful. This time - Friday evening at 18.30pm - it was busier and the noise level was getting uncomfortable. Is it due to solid floors/walls etc and no soft furnishings to absorb noise?Special Features:
- I won't be coming here again!BobbyGDined on 18/1/2014Visited early on a Saturday evening before the cinema. We had booked and the restaurant was quiet when we got there. We didn't like the table we were given and asked to be moved - the waiter was completely unhelpful. Said he would look at getting us another table but never came back! From there on the food and service were both poor.
- Could not fault the eveningBNICOLADined on 16/1/2014Never been before, met a business colleague with my husband so we were a party of 3 - therefore I requested a booth and we got one. Attended to from the start by charming staff, mostly female. Food excellent (I had the calamari and sea bass). Bill £120 for 3 with a tip so quite high. You can hear the cinema noise from the back wall which did not bother us but would a couple having a romantic meal, but that is not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueBedders29Dined on 11/1/2014Went for dinner on Saturday evening, and the restaurant was packed. Good job we had booked a table, as we got there 15 minutes early, and had to wait for our table, but better than the people who had not booked in advance as they were turning customers away as there was over an hours wait for tables if not booked in advance. Only problem with waiting for our table was there was nowhere to wait as no bar area, so we just had to hang about by the door. Food was good, service excellent, and we were finished our meal in just over one hour, as there was little waiting time between courses. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastichappyhammerDined on 9/1/2014The food was just fantastic , very reasonably priced too. Will definitely return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE WITH A CHARMclooneynicholsonDined on 4/1/2014I REQUESTED A TABLE IN THE CORNER WHICH I KNEW WAS REASONABLY QUIET. THE REQUEST WAS HONOURED AND I WAS VERY HAPPY. THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING; EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY: SOMETHING THE MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF. THE STAFF SHOULD BE CONGRATULATED AND TREATED TO A FREE MEAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time Visiting BasildonsatisfiedseniorsDined on 4/1/2014I booked a reservation at Vallagio Ristorante in Basildon, after going to see our friends son in Rapunzal at the Towngate Theatre, which was excellent. We had not visited Basildon before and therefore were not familar with the area at all. We were not disappointed and would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Villagio andTerryDined on 4/1/2014First visit to Villagio and initial impression is very good. Place was busy but not over crowded which is always a good sign. The atmosphere is and surroundings was very relaxing, not to loud but cosy. We felt we were being looked after at all times. Service was good, varied choice on the menu and when it arrived it was warm and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good night outClairetigDined on 28/12/2013another great meal looked after by a attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.