Wright Brothers Borough
11 Stoney Street
London, SE1 9ADNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Wright Brothers Borough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewrightbrothers.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7403 9554
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 12:00pm-10.00pm
Saturday 11:00am - 10.00pm
Sunday - 12:00pm - 8.30pm
Please note that only cold seafood and oysters are available between
3pm - 6pm Monday - Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, British
- Executive Chef: Phil Coulter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Wright Brothers Borough
A small and friendly eatery which brings the sea to London. In the heart of the oldest and best London food market Wright Brothers offers luxury oysters with a matching selection of wine, stouts and ales.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Wright Brothers Borough - Best restaurants in London Bridge ›
Wright Brothers Borough reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since 26 November 2013
fit for foodies (159)special occasions (103)romance (77)business meals (56)pre/post theatre (37)brunch (33)sunday lunch (29)outdoor eating (27)group bookings (17)outstanding value (15)afternoon tea (4)good vegetarian options (4)disabled access (4)child friendly (2)Show More
- Focus on fishFrank1927Dined on 21/11/2014This is exclusively for those who love fish, combined with a wine bar atmosphere- high stools, long counters , sawdust! Oysters in many forms, splendid seafood platters, and a wide choice of daily fresh fish. Salmon and haddock fish pie a reliable favourite. Short list of desserts with a chocolate focus. Lots of friendly staff who work hard to help you enjoy the experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table for 2bexrebexDined on 19/11/2014Booked a table for two for oysters and champagne. Great attentive waiter, happy to advise. Was able to enjoy the food and ambience in our own time. Food was very good we sampled both the oysters and the mains. The wine list was extensive and good coffee to finish. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Food, Eat it!!!SeafoodieDined on 13/11/2014Went here for a romantic meal with my fiancé. Walked in and greeted immediately with friendly helpful staff. Place is a bit of a tight squeeze and would be outstanding with a bit more space. New Orleans (deep fried) oysters were absolutely delish! Main courses of Cod and whole crab was phenomenal! Chef Sarah was AMAZING!!! She had no prob with going out of her way to make sure my tastebuds were jumping and beyond satisfied, by making my food to order at no extra cost, no fuss! Thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed her service and effort! Which made our special evening even better! Apart from limited space, a very very yummy scrumptious enjoyable meal and experience! Thanks chef Sarah and wright brothers staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous fishKCoulsdonDined on 10/11/2014Great food with a wide variety of fish and shellfish - moules marinieres were absolutely delicious. Buzzy informal atmosphere. Excellent service - our waiter was informative and attentive. Will go again.Special Features:
- Different SettingBrunoroDined on 6/11/2014This is a cozy little restaurant mainly dedicated to seafood at the Borough market. Attentive, relaxed service and good food ensure that you enjoy the quite unique ambience of this restaurant. Nice place to enjoy a variety of oysters that can come raw or cooked. Not for large groups, though.Special Features:
- Good food, poor ambienceEverydayDinerDined on 31/10/2014The food was good but the restaurant was very noisy and cramped. The servicing staff was very attentive.
- Great food ... And a great service!Livingstone75Dined on 29/10/2014What a great customer service! The waiter (an Italian guy) recognised me even if I was there just one time two months before... Superb and friendly service, great food as well. Definitely a place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and dullWilkiedogDined on 28/10/2014A big disappointment - we used to like this place a few years ago but found it on all levels poor. After paying £150 for three people we nipped into the supermarket on the way home and bought some ice cream to fill in the gap the sparse food had left.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 25/10/2014Our meal was excellent as was the friendly and welcoming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodLondoneaterDined on 23/10/2014Great variety of daily dishes, with everything very fresh. We had sardines, prawns, mussels and hake, and sat at the bar overlooking the open kitchen - very atmospheric. The mariniere sauce comes highly recommended.Special Features:
- consistently good !RobertDined on 23/10/2014been half a dozen times now and always consistently good . great staff, great food and great atmosphere! will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book aheadThinkerDined on 21/10/2014SO busy on Tuesday - wonderfully fresh dish beautifully cooked and oysters any which waySpecial Features:
- Nice Moules but not the ServicePattyDined on 17/10/2014My first time visit to the Oyster and Porter House was Okay. Fair choice of food diversity. We had ordered the moules, fish pie, and the bisque, all of which were in good standard. The soup was very rich, the fish pie is just about right on the saltiness, the amount of mesh potatoes, and the qualities of the salmon and haddock. BUT, the waitress didn't look very patient to our ordering, probably due to the noise and the amount of customers in the restaurant. That I don't think is an excuse.
- Get in early to bag a specialspwallisVIPDined on 11/10/2014If you get a later booking then there is a chance that that some of the more desirable daily specials may have disappeared. At 19.30 when we dined the scallops had already finished, no problem as I ordered the Hake, very enjoyable. You really cannot go wrong with any dish you order here as they are all well prepared. Just be aware that a busy times you may feel rather cramped as the tables are very close together and the 2 hour table turnaround will be strictly enforced. That aside Wright Bros Borough Market has over the years has maintained its high standards of delivering quality seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Great restaurant with superb food. Friendly staff and a lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Seafood!jsolderVIPDined on 4/10/2014Had a great evening at Wright Brothers, a must visit for seafood lovers. The seafood platter was a delicious start to the evening, the prawns come highly recommended, as do the oysters. We had a whole Dover Sole for a main which was out of this world, simply grilled and served with a delicious meunière sauce. Good selection of wines, and a great selection of craft beers to complement the food. Will certainly be coming back for another visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Regarding the quality and the friendly atmosphere, it is better to go opposite, to Borough Market where there is a small Oyster Bar serving extremly good products, without the "business touristic issue". After a first visit, few months ago, the restaurant is becoming more and more a tourist attraction with high speed level to pay and leave the place for new clients. Disappointing indeed.Special Features:
- Poor experience.KeralaianDined on 2/10/2014We ordered fish pie which was burnt and very dry. We pointed out this to the waitress who said sorry! The oysters as our starter was very good. The other starter was potted shrimp that was tasteless.
- Disappointing experience!NonameDined on 1/10/2014They have crammed too many tables into this small space so that there is hardly any room to breathe, let alone eat. The fish was overcooked, overspiced and greasy. We sat at a table made of an old barrel which might have appealed to tourists but definitely uncomfortable since you either had to sit sideways or with your legs wide apart in order to reach the food on the plate. I left with a backache and will never repeat the experience. I think this is a tourism venue and not a uitable place for Londoners just looking for a decent fish lunch.
- AndrzejDined on 29/9/2014I love the suuronding area for a walk. Restaurant offers excellent food in cozy atmposhere served be " happy " waiter. All together create good mood.Special Features:
- HeavenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 28/9/2014The best oysters I have ever tasted. I travel to London from NYC twice per year and always stop at Wright Brothers for a special treat. In addition to a dozen oysters, I also had the delicious Salmon and Smoked Haddock Fish Pie..Special Features:
- Lovely but noisyNaomiWDined on 26/9/2014We went here for a business lunch but it's really too noisy to have a proper conversation. All we could hear was the washer upper banging plates about. It is a really small restaurant with an open kitchen but having not been here before I didn't know this. Having said that the food was yummy and friendly service. So as long as you're prepared to shout a bit over the ambient noise you'll be fine.Special Features:
- Good service and great oysters.JackfateDined on 25/9/2014Will definitely return. Friendly staff and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFishloversDined on 23/9/2014Had a wonderful meal, requested to be sat at the seats near the chefs to see them at work, and true to the request got ringside seats Phillip the head chef was terrific he cooked and chatted, gave us some oysters to try and then some chocolates before we left. Have always enjoyed the intimate atmosphere here, however Phillip just made it that little bit extra special. The food is of great quality, simple well put together dishes and wonderfully cooked, great atmosphere - you couldn't ask for more Top marks Phillip thanks for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Lovely hakechillDined on 20/9/2014Small room but great atmosphere. Food excellent, desserts bit on the small side.Special Features:
- Oysters & Fish PieKazWorkFoodVIPDined on 17/9/2014I have to say, this is one of my favourite places to go with anyone who loves oysters and is visiting from abroad. Good food, service and consistent. Atmosphere as well, always busy and you must book but no need for 2 months in advance. Keep it up guys.Special Features:
- Perch but not to eatharrypussycatVIPDined on 16/9/2014Not what I'd expected. Few tables and all packed on a Wednesday evening. We were expected to perch at the bar even though eating mains fish not oysters etc. Still there was bags of atmosphere and the waiter was entertaining and helpful. The squid shared starter was not bad, a bit overcooked. The mussels were good as was the John Dory and there was a decent amount and good potatoes. Veg has to be ordered as an extra and while green was a bit tasteless. Sweets were good. If I was to go again I'd request a proper table as I'd feel more comfortable eating there. The bar is surely for snacking. A bit pricey for what it is but worth another visit as certainly not bland.Special Features:
- OutstandingJaimeDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant has a wonderful feeling that you are stepping back in time when it comes to decor. Staff are attentive without being intrusive, wine choice is extensive and the food is amazing. Will definitely return and certainly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still top classJHJLVIPDined on 5/9/2014Another great meal at Wright Bros. We had oysters to start and both ate meals from the Daily Specials. The fish is really fresh and well cooked and the winelist is well-priced. We've never been disappointed here.
- As good as alwaysBlondie74Dined on 3/9/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times, the seafood is always delicious and of the highest quality. Staff are very welcoming and provide excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!Luv2DineDined on 2/9/2014This place is an absolute treasure - great service matched by amazing food. Fun, funky and fabulous - great selection of oysters and terrific ambiance. Our first time there but certainly not our last.Special Features:
- RuntyDined on 30/8/2014Seafood superb, staff sublime, customers satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood delightsnojokesDined on 28/8/2014A really good place to eat if you love seafood and fish, ambiance and atmosphere both good, we visited on a busy Thursday night enjoyed the hustle and bustle, but didn't feel rushed or cramped in any way. The menu is a delight for fish lovers, if you don't like sea food this isn't for you, I like most sea food/ fish but struggled to find a dish I wanted as a main course but my husband was in his element. The sea food platter we had for starters to share was great value and very, very nice - and only £19.75 - bargain! The staff were very nice, attentive but not in your face at all, dishes cleared quickly but no rush to bring the next course or see you out the door when finished. Great place to dine and in a cracking atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SeafoodFoodieDined on 28/8/2014Third time I have eaten at Wright Brothers Borough and third time Not disappointed! The fish and seafood are of excellent quality, there is a good selelection of wines to suit all wallets. The service is very good. I like sitting in front of the oyster counter as I like watching all the seafood being prepared. Don't expect it to be cheap but expect to leave with a smile on your face and a feel good factor as you've just had a really great meal in great surroundings.......oh and by the way, it's a little tight on space but that just adds to the ambience (somehow!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!LindychipsteadDined on 27/8/2014This is my 5th trip to this restaurant. I used to dislike oysters until I ate fresh Helford oysters and now it love them. The other food was great too.Special Features:
- Very goodMCHLondonDined on 26/8/2014The only drawback to this really good restaurant is that its gets over hot in summer and is very cramped. But the food and service make up for that.Special Features:
- Just as expectedSJK25Dined on 23/8/2014Tiny venue, busy on a great street . You could spend an afternoon and then if you love seafood go to Wright Bros. I made the reservation as a surprise for my husband who loves oysters. And yes, he was very happy with the oysters and brew. Casual, busy, fun.Special Features:
- fantasticfoodieDined on 21/8/2014I enjoy write brothers each time i visit. fantastic food! love sitting on the bar in front of hell-fire cooking and watch the chefs during their work. love it.Special Features:
- HannahDined on 20/8/2014We have eaten here before and the food is always consistently good. A lovely ambience being near Borough Market and the staff are very friendlySpecial Features:
- HonchDined on 19/8/2014Friendly helpful service, lively atmosphere and delicious seafood. Gets a little hot in there during the summer with the open kitchen..Special Features: