Wright Brothers Borough
11 Stoney Street
London, SE1 9ADNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Wright Brothers Borough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewrightbrothers.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074039554x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 12:00PM-10:00PM;
Saturday 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sunday - 12:00PM - 09:00PM
Please note that there is no hot food available between the hours of:
3pm - 6pm Mon - Friday
4pm - 6pm Sat & Sun.
Full fruits de mer menu is available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Phil Coulter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Wright Brothers Borough
A small and friendly eatery which brings the sea to London. In the heart of the oldest and best London food market Wright Brothers offers luxury oysters with a matching selection of wine, stouts and ales.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Wright Brothers Borough - Best restaurants in London Bridge ›
Wright Brothers Borough reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since 24 May 2014
fit for foodies (155)special occasions (94)romance (82)business meals (59)pre/post theatre (39)sunday lunch (38)brunch (34)outdoor eating (27)group bookings (18)outstanding value (15)child friendly (6)afternoon tea (6)disabled access (5)good vegetarian options (3)Show More
- Perch but not to eatharrypussycatVIPDined on 16/9/2014Not what I'd expected. Few tables and all packed on a Wednesday evening. We were expected to perch at the bar even though eating mains fish not oysters etc. Still there was bags of atmosphere and the waiter was entertaining and helpful. The squid shared starter was not bad, a bit overcooked. The mussels were good as was the John Dory and there was a decent amount and good potatoes. Veg has to be ordered as an extra and while green was a bit tasteless. Sweets were good. If I was to go again I'd request a proper table as I'd feel more comfortable eating there. The bar is surely for snacking. A bit pricey for what it is but worth another visit as certainly not bland.Special Features:
- OutstandingJaimeDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant has a wonderful feeling that you are stepping back in time when it comes to decor. Staff are attentive without being intrusive, wine choice is extensive and the food is amazing. Will definitely return and certainly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still top classJHJLVIPDined on 5/9/2014Another great meal at Wright Bros. We had oysters to start and both ate meals from the Daily Specials. The fish is really fresh and well cooked and the winelist is well-priced. We've never been disappointed here.
- As good as alwaysBlondie74Dined on 3/9/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times, the seafood is always delicious and of the highest quality. Staff are very welcoming and provide excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!Luv2DineDined on 2/9/2014This place is an absolute treasure - great service matched by amazing food. Fun, funky and fabulous - great selection of oysters and terrific ambiance. Our first time there but certainly not our last.Special Features:
- RuntyDined on 30/8/2014Seafood superb, staff sublime, customers satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood delightsnojokesDined on 28/8/2014A really good place to eat if you love seafood and fish, ambiance and atmosphere both good, we visited on a busy Thursday night enjoyed the hustle and bustle, but didn't feel rushed or cramped in any way. The menu is a delight for fish lovers, if you don't like sea food this isn't for you, I like most sea food/ fish but struggled to find a dish I wanted as a main course but my husband was in his element. The sea food platter we had for starters to share was great value and very, very nice - and only £19.75 - bargain! The staff were very nice, attentive but not in your face at all, dishes cleared quickly but no rush to bring the next course or see you out the door when finished. Great place to dine and in a cracking atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SeafoodFoodieDined on 28/8/2014Third time I have eaten at Wright Brothers Borough and third time Not disappointed! The fish and seafood are of excellent quality, there is a good selelection of wines to suit all wallets. The service is very good. I like sitting in front of the oyster counter as I like watching all the seafood being prepared. Don't expect it to be cheap but expect to leave with a smile on your face and a feel good factor as you've just had a really great meal in great surroundings.......oh and by the way, it's a little tight on space but that just adds to the ambience (somehow!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!LindychipsteadDined on 27/8/2014This is my 5th trip to this restaurant. I used to dislike oysters until I ate fresh Helford oysters and now it love them. The other food was great too.Special Features:
- Very goodMCHLondonDined on 26/8/2014The only drawback to this really good restaurant is that its gets over hot in summer and is very cramped. But the food and service make up for that.Special Features:
- Just as expectedSJK25Dined on 23/8/2014Tiny venue, busy on a great street . You could spend an afternoon and then if you love seafood go to Wright Bros. I made the reservation as a surprise for my husband who loves oysters. And yes, he was very happy with the oysters and brew. Casual, busy, fun.Special Features:
- fantasticfoodieDined on 21/8/2014I enjoy write brothers each time i visit. fantastic food! love sitting on the bar in front of hell-fire cooking and watch the chefs during their work. love it.Special Features:
- HannahDined on 20/8/2014We have eaten here before and the food is always consistently good. A lovely ambience being near Borough Market and the staff are very friendlySpecial Features:
- HonchDined on 19/8/2014Friendly helpful service, lively atmosphere and delicious seafood. Gets a little hot in there during the summer with the open kitchen..Special Features:
- Delicious lunch for birthday treatLolly591Dined on 16/8/2014We had a lovely 2 course lunch at the weekend. Food was delicious, and very fresh. Portion size just right too. And good attentive service without rushing us. Glad we booked as very busy. We ate at the bar which was relaxed and informal, but gave us our own space to enjoy the meal. Worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oyster bar with an ambiancesipsikDined on 13/8/2014I like this oyster bar, great lively ambience and food, good wines, interesting crowd.. The only downside is the some of the young stuff members feel they are quite important because they work here.. They should take more easy :-)Special Features:
- The pearl of many oyster barsAndrewmcneilisDined on 12/8/2014If you want a relaxed informal lovely evening in a traditional setting the wrights at borough market is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious oysters and cocktails!GabsterDined on 10/8/2014Went on a Sunday, when it's a lot quieter, with m my parents and had some great seafood. Service was a bit slow but everything that came out was wonderful. A tad pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere borough marketHcr1Dined on 8/8/2014Great ambience for evening night out. Good food with lots of specials
- Excellent as ever!TonyHDined on 4/8/2014Wright Bros is a bit of an anachronism, tucked away in Borough Market but apparently well known amongst the Japanese and American tourist fraternities. There is a good reason for this - the seafood (starter and main courses) that we ate was of the highest quality and simply could not have been bettered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfortable and poor valuePfpmDined on 3/8/2014Although the food was very good the restaurant is cramped, hot and the stool seating was uncomfortable. This is not a relaxing restaurant. The specials board was difficult to read and although the menu was simple some items needed more clarity. Overall the very high prices left us feeling it was a poor value restaurant.
- Great food for fish lovers!DelphinetDined on 2/8/2014I booked a table for 6 for a friend's hen do. The food was excellent and the service professional and friendly! I would recommend the maquerel pâté and the crab. We had a really nice evening. The only negative comment relates to the heat inside the restaurant. We were sitting not far from the open kitchen and we were really feeling the heat. We rushed at the end of our meal to go outside for some fresh air. I would recommend not to seat to close to the open kitchen if you can. Other than that it was a very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMPeteMVIPDined on 29/7/2014Our waitress was not as attentive/on the ball as usual and had to be called over to take drinks, food orders. That aside, great food as ever.Special Features:
- Top oystersFoodleDined on 25/7/2014Had delicious oysters, creamy and tender, beautiful whole place and perfect dressed crab. Great service at the counter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh food buzzing atmosphereMiffyDined on 25/7/2014A good place to eat if you like seafood and the hussle and bussle of London life. Not cheap but worth the money. Booking essential. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great informal atmosphereSteveDined on 22/7/2014Good informal atomsphere and a great range of fish dishes. Service was spot on.
- Buzzing post work venueDeedotDined on 18/7/2014It was the hottest day of the year 6pm on a Friday eve. chose this restaurant because of the reviews. Staff were very efficient. Cover bread arriving as we sat down. Drinks promptly served. The space is tight so you are very close to neighbouring diners. It is certainly a fun, busy, fast paced environment. Not for leisurely romance although there were couples meeting there after work. It is not cheap but the kind of food it serves is not cheap. The menu is very short but I like that. Do good food well. No need for 10 pages of choice.Also we had the mini platter... It would have been good to be told that was enought for two sharing. I couldn't face much more than the pate after the rockafeller starter in that heat.Special Features:
- SyzlakVIPDined on 4/7/2014Great food. Staff a bit too cool for school but the great location overlooking Borough Market and the fantastic lobster and oysters more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday meal for 2Luv2dineVIPDined on 29/6/2014We popped in for a quick Sunday dinner. Service was great - very friendly. Excellent selection of oysters to start and really fresh fish to follow - a great meal. It's compact inside, but that gives it quite a buzzy atmosphere. It wasn't cheap (£45pp, only one of us drinking and had 2 glasses of wine) but the quality of the produce and the cooking is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 28/6/2014Great if you like fish. Simple good puddings that are not too large or sweet. Good service. Lively atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food & great atmosphereFoodie1VIPDined on 26/6/2014Visited here for a business lunch and had the most wonderful fish pie. The atmosphere is fantastic and the service is great too. Please note that this is not necessarily a place that you would visit on business unless you know the person well. As the seating is quite intimitie and the tables are quite close. In addition, the majority of the seating is on stalls, which adds to the great atmosphere, but not great for a formal business lunch. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Consistently good venueMr80sDined on 24/6/2014My favourite of the London Wright Brother venues - the first I went to and the one I return to most often!Special Features:
- Fantastic OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/6/2014Best place for oysters in London! The best place to sit is at the bar so you can watch the chefs at work and enjoy the atmosphere of this busy little restaurant. The wine list is small but well chosen. I chose an English champagne since I am not a fan of the big brand French champagnes and and I was not to be disappointed. If you are in the area and have an hour to kill you would do a lot worse than dropping in here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely lovelyHTZRDined on 21/6/2014A great dining choice. The oysters were amazing - I had oysters a few days before at a more famous restaurant in Piccadilly and these were by far the better option. The portions are great (again compared to the more famous and expensive) the staff friendly and helpful and the food spot on. Next time - in the very near future - I will have the woysters again and the squid - already planning it.Special Features:
- Well worth the priceShayDined on 12/6/2014Went to Wright on a Thursday evening as part of a group and had grilled lobster, fried squid and some wine. We were served efficiently and needless to say the food was fantastic. I'd have liked as bit more carbs to go with the lobster but that is trivial as the entire dish was cooked to perfection. I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Great eveningFoodieDined on 11/6/2014Love the high stools and eating at the bars. Delicious oysters and dressed crap.Special Features:
- Valuable!ecncmsDined on 7/6/2014The seafood is fabulous and in a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticamywright4Dined on 7/6/2014Loved everything about Wright Brothers Borough! Our lunch was a real highlight to a special day in London. Great location next to Borough Market and very close to London Bridge Underground.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy dinner for two at the bar.LukeyBoyDined on 6/6/2014A great menu with great wine kept us happy at the bar whilst we were looked after by the great staff. Really friendly and very tasty. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we sat opposite the kitchenPie2MashNLiquorDined on 6/6/2014It was Friday evening and very busy so it was great to enjoy the theatre of the cooking and engage, hopefully without being a nuisance, with the people preparing our Pollock and Lobster etc. Really appreciated being introduced (at no charge) to the Canadian Oysters that were very different (but equally enjoyable) as those we had already eaten for our kick off to the whole meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.