Yaneff at DSTRKT
9-21 Rupert Street
London, W1D 6DGNeighborhood:
AmericanPrice: £26 to £40
Yaneff at DSTRKT
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yaneffatdstrkt.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073179121x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Saturday for Dinner from 6pm till 3am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Organic, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Georgi Yaneff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Perfect for simply enjoying majestic cocktails after work or hosting full canapé receptions, an award winning restaurant (Run by Head Chef George Yaneff, formally of Beverly Hills staple, The Bazaar by Jose Andres)
- Entertainment: Stunning club, recognizable for its innovative design and breath taking lighting displays. Each night door open at 10pm until late. Our £25 million venue, the brainchild of architect Alex Kurachov, is lush with luxurious accents from top design houses, including Poltrone Frau, Murano's Barovier & Toso, Moroso, Walter Knoll, and Capellini, as well as boasting the world's most expensive coffee, Kopi Luwak.
A word from Yaneff at DSTRKT
Recently named Best London Restaurant and Club at the London Club and Bar Awards, DSTRKT is a premier venue in Piccadilly fast becoming renowned as a haunt of the rich and famous. Georgi Yaneff, the chef behind the successful opening at the Bazaar Restaurant by José Andrés in Beverly Hills and his team have created a sharing menu of tasting dishes that offers a unique and revolutionary dining experience, taking you on a culinary journey using innovative and modern techniques. DSTRKT reputation for providing high-end partying has been making an impression on the showbiz world, with recent guests including Drake, Timbaland, Pixie Lott, Ed Sheeran, Pamela Anderson and Katie Price. Most recently DSTRKT RESTAURANT hosted Jay-Z’s best friend Tyran ‘TyTy’ Smith’s birthday party, to which party planner Jay-Z brought Rihanna, Kanye West, Stella McCartney, Rob and Kim Kardashian, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Yaneff at DSTRKT - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Yaneff at DSTRKT reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (45)pre/post theatre (28)romance (26)fit for foodies (23)group bookings (20)business meals (14)outstanding value (8)good vegetarian options (7)disabled access (1)brunch (1)sunday lunch (1)outdoor eating (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Great restaurant ruined by waiterskl8283Dined on 29/8/2014The food was great and so was the ambience but the rude waiter absolutely ruined the whole package. He only took drink orders for half the table before walking off, we quite often had to get up to get him and even then he would take a good 5 minutes to walk over even though he was just standing doing nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little rushedwoody2shoesDined on 28/8/2014My husband and I upgraded to the twelve course tasting menu with matching wines which was the mistake. The ambience was a little flat for a Thursday night and although not very busy, we were rushed through each course with no explanation on the wines complimenting each dish. I have had better experiences here but in truth, lack lustre of late - last time my friend and I were pushed into a corner and forgotten about to make way for a group of gaggling models so maybe it's time to draw a line and find a place that treats it's customers better.Special Features:
- JacquelineJacquelineKPYDined on 15/8/2014I was offered black truffle of which wasn't as fresh as i'd wished.Special Features:
- Yummy!FoodyDined on 15/8/2014The food was delightful and the staff were very nice. We chose the tasting menu and our waiter described each dish for us. Lovey atmosphere too. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service a big let downAngiesDelightVIPDined on 9/8/2014We booked dinner here as a birthday treat. When we didn't order wine straight away (we had a glass of champagne as part of our deal) but asked to maybe have one later the waiter sulked & never throughout the whole dinner checked whether we wanted another drink (wine, water or even coffee). Mid-meal I noticed that chewing gum left on the underside of the chair had ruined my new jeans - no apology was made, the chair not exchanged, no offer to pay for the cleaner or even a free coffee. The food was nice especially the sea bass& the pudding, other were courses good but not exciting. We had to ask twice for the bill but still had to wait 20min before we received it despite it not being that busy. Shame as previous reviews looked so promising.
- überraschend gutwm57Dined on 8/8/2014Wir waren positiv überrascht. Alles war Spitze, auch der Preis des Opentable Angebots.Special Features:
- Definitely DSTRKTElBulliVIPDined on 25/7/2014Friday night girlie gathering at DTRTKT was perfect! We are all 30-something and know what we like, and this was it! The place was cool without being pretentious, the service was enthusiastic and food delicious. Opentable's 12 course menu for £40 inc champers was a great deal, although we struggled to eat it all! It would have been great to check out the club afterwards but it was still picking up when we left at 10:45 so maybe next time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- EnjoyabletomjpDined on 12/7/2014Two of us had a 12 course taster menu which was quite filling and enjoyable. While not everything in the menu was to my taste I could not fault it. The staff were attentive while one waiter was overly attentive and I had to stop plates and glasses being taken before we finished. He was young and maybe new but did not spoil the night. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulous!ShalaDined on 11/7/2014So pretty in the restaurant and the food and cocktails are gorgeous too - was a perfect girly night out for my friend's birthday! Spotted a celeb too ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, attentive serviceDivasdineoutDined on 28/6/2014Welcoming staff despite us being late. The food was nice. The drinks a bit pricey but overall we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yaneff at DSTRKT imaginative foodgastrozachDined on 27/6/2014Wild sea bass is a rarity, its almost always farmed nowadays. The wild is more flavoursome and slightly pink in colour. Asparagus was perfectly cooked and went well with a warm cheesy dip. The pulled pork dish was very tender meat. Wines were quite refined even at the starter level. The fruit dessert contained an unusual surprise.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!DarrenJDined on 22/5/2014Very surprised at how good the veggie tapas style dishes were at this place. Shame we were in a rush to get to the theatre, as I would have enjoyed sampling the desserts. Now I have an excuse to go back again :o)Special Features:
- Tour de force of a Taster MenuACDCVIPDined on 22/5/2014We came here for pre-theatre dining and opted for the Taster Menu which in retrospect was ambitious given the time constraint. One not only needs the time to do it justice but also the appetite because it possibly has the most food content of any Taster menu we've come across with something like 15 courses (including two desserts). The ingredients are fresh and most are prepared simply to enhance their natural flavour. The standout item is the Talisker Steak which is melt in the mouth tender. Ambience is dark & funky so depends upon your taste and we think that the servers should ask about allergies etc because there is a lot of seafood in the menu. We'll definitely try this place again and come with more time and appetite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theatre menuERERDined on 17/5/2014This is a fantastic pre theatre menu where you enjoy 8 plates of different flavours that are cooked to perfection! Always a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMunchkinDined on 17/5/2014Feels more like a nightclub, our table was next to the DJ so difficult to hold a conversation due to volume level. Food was good served as small plates but overpriced at £90 per person.Special Features:
- Never SgainJujuDined on 16/5/2014I went last year just after the restaurant had launched......it had rave reviews and decided to go with a friend - the experience was outstanding. Decided to rebook again this year - It was terrible to say the least! My friend and I suffered terrible stomach pains from the Tuna steak, the quality of the food was not to standard and the atmosphere in the restaurant was somewhat lacking. Certainly never going back....shame as you don't get many upmarket restaurants / club venues in LondonSpecial Features:
- great mealRegularDined on 9/5/2014Great food, very filling attentive staff would ded go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing valueBeckerooneyDined on 18/4/2014Great food, great venue, great location, great service, great value! Beautifully designed, my one tiny grumble was that there's nowhere to put your handbag when you wash your hands, except the floor. Service was friendly, efficient and informative. Food was surprisingly generous for the price and on the whole it was very flavoursome and balanced. My favourite dishes were the beef cheeks and gnocchi and the dessert which was to die for although possibly too sweet for some peoples taste. I'd definitely return to this trendy venue but would like to try the club as well next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceSlinkycherubsVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have a rule to never go anywhere twice but DSTRKT has actually made me think about changing this rule! The Toptable deal was fantastic and made this unbeatable value for the 9 course tasting menu. Loved the imaginative food (especially for a vegetarian) and the lively atmosphere.
- A club thats a restaurantJamesRussell90Dined on 9/4/2014Great food. Service aaas ok - we had to move our table along the side of the wall three times to accommodate a group booking. Me and my partner went for pre-theatre and was really good. I would go again but next time with a group of us and probably dining a bit later so to truly get the experience.Special Features:
- Delicious!NushDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I went for the £25 - 8 course + Bellini pre-theatre menu. Even at 6pm sitting, you do have to get through menu at quite a pace to make it in time for a 7.30pm show, so, although courses are brought together, you do not have time to languish over a glass of wine with them too. The top table deal was extraordinarily good value. We ate charcuterie, king prawns, fish cake, gnocchi in truffle oil, yellow fin tuna, the softest, richest beef cheek I have ever had. It just flaked off the fork. Everything we ate was delicious and the portion size very generous. The pasta in truffle oil was one of best tasting foods have had in life! The venue is very stylish, more of a club than a restaurant though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor conceptrationaldinerDined on 29/3/2014We went for an early dinner last Saturday night. Cocktails were really good beforehand at the bar (had the option of a "dirty" martini, haven't been asked that even at the American Bar at the Savoy). The food we had was good but the dining concept is all wrong. What they serve is tapas of varying sizes which they want to knock out to the customer at their convenience without the inconvenience of having to serve courses at the same time to each table. So if you don't want the tasting menu (£80 + £34 for wine, which is reasonable), and you hadn't anticipated tapas, then your dining experience will be very disjointed. We told our waiter that only two of us were able to eat at a time, he replied "I don't cook the food" which was unhelpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding value still cannotEmmieBDined on 28/3/2014Outstanding value still cannot believe it was £25 for the service we received and the quality of the food. I have already recommended this and will continue to do so!Special Features:
- FantasticKirkyVIPDined on 28/3/2014Great value for money, great service and fantastic food! This place is such good value for money and the atmosphere is very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A marvellous experienceJodiDined on 22/3/2014Great service. Flavoursome food. Comfortable yet stylish ambience. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YaneffMrsMDined on 21/3/2014Nice for a night out with friends - good food and trendy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceLumlumDined on 20/3/2014There wasn't a substantial amount of food, as there were three girls and we were going to the theatre it was perfect to not have such a heavy dinner. Cocktails were really good too. Not too watery. Overall very enjoyable but don't expect to come out full especially for the big eaters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special place to eatadelinusDined on 19/3/2014The 5 course menu and matching wines was delicious. The service was excellent too.Special Features:
- Taster menu delightSophistic8teddineDined on 13/3/2014Second time at DSTRKT and it did not disappoint, service exceptional, food innovative and tasty, and drinks list that will put a smile on your face.Special Features:
- Dinner at YaneffAnnieDined on 12/3/2014Went here for a meal midweek and was impressed with the place. I thought it may be a little pretentious but actually the staff were so friendly and attentive - which is quite rare for somewhere so central where a lot of places you just feel like they don't pay you any attention and you are just another customer to deal with but we didn't feel that way at all. We had the 8 course taster menu which was really delicious and great value and the dessert at the end was one of the best I've had on a night out! Would definitely recommend it for a good night out and will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencelndnfoodieDined on 11/3/2014Trendy restaurant reflecting that of a hip boutique hotel restaurant. Slick setting with chilled house music playing (with a little dj spin table in the corner) - but was not to loud at all. Service from every staff was great (very well trained and professional) from the moment we steeped in upstairs at the door to our waiters at our dinner table. It could be that we were dining early and were one of the only few tables there but I'm under the impression that they still operate well when busy. Food was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had the 8 course pre theatre menu toptable deal for £25, which was incredibly worth every penny. Food was Fancy but not too pretentious and surprisingly bigger portions than expected. Overall highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedWodgieDined on 8/3/2014Had the excellent Toptable Set menu deal for £25 ph. Superb service throughout, very attentive and not pushy, making us feel relaxed. Nice ambience, although music a little full on at times as a minor grumble. Not rushed throughout and food really nice. Avoid the upgrades available on the menu as they arent worth the cost, keep to the deal and you'll be fine. Set menu includes 2 Bellini cocktails so you could save cash by not buying the £10+ cocktails at the bar. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Felt like a nightclubMrManDined on 7/3/2014The place feels like a nightclub that has had a kitchen installed in it as it was not only decorated as such but was too dark, with elaborate chandeliers and incessant dance music throughout our dinner. The tables were far too close to each other and the waiter was far too chatty and intent on being involved in our dining "experience" (call me old fashioned but I like my waiters to be as efficient and as little in the way as possible). The food itself however was quite good. We opted for the £25 pre theatre 8 course meal which was had an excellent variety. The tuna was cooked to perfection, the beef cheeks were excellent and the truffle gnocchi was possibly the best I've had yet. Great selection of wines too.Special Features:
- Great food in a stylish settingCatHDined on 5/3/2014Had a meal out with the girls to celebrate some birthdays using a TopTable deal which matched wine with each course. One friend doesn't drink wine, which the restaurant were kind to accommodate with a couple of replacement cocktails. Cocktails were great, wine was gorgeous, food delicious & great service. Our waitress even picked up on the birthday theme and brought over our puddings complete with birthday music over the sound system and sparklers in hand. Great touch!Special Features:
- Great restaurant and atmosphereMichelleDined on 21/2/2014I visited Yaneff at DSTRKT on a Friday evening with a friend and took advantage of a Toptable special offer. We also spent an extra £10 each to add lobster to one of the courses on the special Toptable menu, although I later discovered that on the main menu its just £3 to add it! I found this really disappointing. Some of the waiting staff were very attentive, some not at all, but the food was absolutely delicious and other than feeling robbed over the lobster, we did have a great evening and I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DSTRKTAMartianDined on 20/2/2014If dining in a nightclub is your thing then this could be for you. Although the cocktails were amazing it felt like style over substance. The waiting team all had a very similar, sculptured and skinny look. We were tucked away in a corner and the service was somewhat lacking, with us having to get out of our chairs to pour our own wine. When we were served is was efficient and friendly, but overall not nearly attentive enough for the price point. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- We loved our dinner here.ShezVIPDined on 23/1/2014We loved our dinner here. It was my friends birthday and they were very welcoming and accommodating especially with our food requests. The 8 course taster menu was delicious. I cant recommend it highly enough!Special Features:
- Good valueSarahDined on 22/1/2014Went there with a couple of girlfriends as a gift for a friend. We opted for the pre theatre 8 course menu which was really lovely, well presented a good portion size, tasted really lovely and is very good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's better out there..GlobalFoodieDined on 8/1/2014We went through the TopTable 8 course offer. Food: nothing to get excited over. It was okay. Beef salt cheeks very over-salty - so much so that we left that course uneaten. Dessert was nice as were the the yellow fin tuna cubes. Staff: Reasonably good service, although they got the timing wrong by serving the second course while the first hadn't been finished yet - and they don't see anything wrong with that. Ambience: Good decor and very clean. Value: for the money you pay - there's far better offers on the internet within the same vicinity.Special Features:
- Top notch!KorbrussDined on 4/1/2014Had the £25 8 course tasting menu and loved it! The place was great, service was quick and the ambience was chilled! Would come back in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.