28 Tunnel Street
Glasgow, G3 8HLNeighbourhood:
ChinesePrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yenrotunda.com/
- Phone: 01418470110
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Sat: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Mon - Fri: 5:00pm - 11pm
Sat: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book our venue for your private events!
- Private Party Contact: Ken 01418470330
A word from Yen Rotunda
Yen Oriental Restaurant set within the historic north rotunda building on the banks of the River Clyde. We serve Thai, Chinese & Japanese cuisine, have a fantastic selection of Oriental beers and an extensive wine selection enjoyed in relaxed surroundings. We are located directly across the road from the SECC, Clyde Auditorium and Hydro Arena. We have free parking for patrons. Upstairs in the Oriental part of the restaurant there is a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We serve a selection of Oriental beers in bottles and draught, and have an extensive wine selection. Upstairs we serve Thai, Chinese & Japanese food, spicy Thai curries, healthy and tasty Japanese noodle dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yen Rotunda - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
Yen Rotunda reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since 23 October 2013
pre/post theatre (245)special occasions (98)group bookings (68)business meals (58)outstanding value (57)fit for foodies (47)romance (46)good vegetarian options (22)sunday lunch (19)child friendly (16)brunch (9)afternoon tea (6)disabled access (1)Show More
- First visit but won't be the lastannemarie6377Dined on 19/10/2014Had heard good things about Yen so booked a pre-concert meal before Lady Gaga at the Hydro. Very impressed with Yen, spotlessly clean, great setting, excellent customer service and lovely food at a decent price. I opted for the spring rolls which were nice and my sister had Chicken Satay and have to say that is one of the nicest satay sauces I've tasted. Main course I went for Chicken Yaki Soba and sister had Beef Curry. Both very nice meals which were finished off with cheesecake and ice cream. Including 2 drinks each the bill came to £45 which was good value. Would definitely go back to try the full menu on a non-concert night as slightly restrictive that only pre-concert menu available but can completely understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantregulardiner1Dined on 18/10/2014Fantastic restaurant. Great food and great service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre TheatreKellySDined on 17/10/2014Have been to Yen Oriental twice now, both before I have went to The SSE Hydro. Both times have been brilliant, even though it has been packed, the staff are well organised and make sure you still receive great service. Food is delicious and still a lot of choice in the pre theatre menu.Special Features:
- Always GoodShazbahtDined on 17/10/2014Always good food but a bit busier than normal so the service was a bit slow...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSpringbrucesteenDined on 16/10/2014Great place , nice n modern , plenty of staff , really fast service , food is always really hot and spot on , great place to go to before the hydroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuv2dineDined on 16/10/2014The Yen was friendly, quick and with a very polite service. The food was fresh, tasty and really enjoyable! Portions were just right. The Yen was recommended by a friend and we would also recommend to a friend. Brilliant location for the Hydro.Special Features:
- Always welcomed at the yen rotundaTraceDined on 16/10/2014Very welcoming, food is lovely and well presented, the staff are always on hand, can be very busy pre-Theartre but the service is always on point. A toilet on each floor would be helpful, but I understand this could be difficult, due to the shape and caricature of the building. Ideal venue if attending the hydro or SECC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/10/2014The food was good but the portions were smaller than expected. It was understandable the staff were chinese but the understanding of their customers were poor and could not understand the basic request such as "the bill, please"Special Features:
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I chose Yen as it is near to the SECC where my friend and I had been at an exhibition and therefore it is nearby. We were greeted with a warm welcome and the staff were very attentive throughout our meal. The good was excellent and very tasty and I would not hesitate to recommend this place. I was treating my friend and had bought a small cake and the staff all joined in when we sang happy birthday. Would recommend all to try this place.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre mealPickyeaterDined on 9/10/2014Went here for a pre-theatre meal. The place was very busy but the staff were excellent and we had our food quickly. We had the pre-theatre menu which has fixed price for 2 and 3 courses, the choice was adequate and good value. All in all a good experience which we would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceA12lnxDined on 8/10/2014Pre-show dinner, I would recommend Yen for a restaurant that ticks all the boxes. Food amazing, location fabulous, parking convenient if you are also going to a show at the Hydro. I noticed some special occasion party's going on, great birthday, anniversary treat,dinner and show. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Pre-Still Game DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Had a very enjoyable pre-theatre dinner before going to see Still Game. The service and value for money was excellent and the added bonus was being able to leave the car in the Rotunda carpark until after the show. Would definitely recommend the Yen Rotunda to anyone going to a show in the SECC/Hydro and will return again myself when I next attend something in Glasgow.Special Features:
- JINXDined on 5/10/2014We had booked post theatre. Service was very quick and efficient, perhaps too quick. Pre theatre menu was the only option we were given for food although a full menu is advertised on website. Perhaps this is the only option when a gig is taking place at Glasgow Hydro. Our food dishes were good portions, hot and tasty and enjoyed our meal overall and would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- Yen - Sunday 5th October 2014paragonDined on 5/10/2014Once again a lovely experience at Yen. Always have a meal here when attending close by venues, great food and free parking, what more do you want.Special Features:
- fantastic serviceLouiseADined on 3/10/2014The food was great. The staff were efficient, attentive and extremely helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast food!Maz1979Dined on 3/10/2014We had booked for a pre theatre for before a show at the hydro. The restaurant was extremely busy but there were loads of staff on and we were seated and served drinks promptly. The pre theatre menu had around six options for starter and main, but we all found something we liked. The food arrived super quick and was delicious but we didn't have the feeling we were being rushed out the door. Our friends who dined with us really enjoyed their first visit to this restaurant and are keen to go back. Thank you for a lovely mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre TheatreJennyeatalotDined on 2/10/2014Excellent restaurant. Food delicious and reasonable. Added bonus of leaving your car in their car park if you are attending a show at the hydro or SECC and obtaining the code to get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EfficientMissODined on 2/10/2014Very efficient service. Very busy the night we were there - most customers probably going to the show at the Hydro next door. Good quality ingredients well prepared and served piping hot. Drinks also served quickly and waiters/waitresses attentive. Would choose again if in the area.Special Features:
- GUSSYBOYDined on 1/10/2014lovely stress free meal before rushing to hydro arena for Still Game.All staff aware of tight time constraints and brought drniks,starters,mains,sundries and bill all within good time without feeling rushed at all.also got to our seats with 5/10 mins to spare. Food was as always spot on,portions could be slight bigger on their mains but its a small point.Have eaten here 10./12 times over the past few years,big concert goers us,the free parking is a bonus and the location is paramount. top marks again YEN!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014Hi. I recently had the privilege of eating for the first time at your restaurant. I found the experience to be brilliant. The staff were pleasant, the food was terrific and the speed that the dinner came out was first class. Even the timing between courses was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to family/friends and look forward to my next visit. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent value & qualityShell77Dined on 1/10/2014Lightening quick service, delicious meal.... Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeedyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014Service was amazing!! The restuarant was full of diners who were all attending a show at the HYdro!! Could not believe how fast we got our starters, main course.,pudding and coffees and even our plates were piping hot!! Will certainly be coming back !!!Special Features:
- ExcellentDottyDined on 30/9/2014Visited before hydro show. Very prompt courteous service. Food greatSpecial Features:
- Limited menufuncar1Dined on 30/9/2014Limited menu given for a pre theatre dinner was disappointing. Especially when a table arrived after we were eating and asked for the full menu. We should have been told this was an option when we arrived. food was ok but perhaps because they had made up large amounts to cater for the onrush. Otherwise, great location for the hydro or secc etc. I would not rush back, but if I did I would ask for the full menu
- lovelykmc8955312Dined on 29/9/2014We went to this pre-hydro. The service was quick and efficient and all waiting staff were friendly and courteous. Our starters were lovely and our main courses were really tasty. The noodles were especially tasty. Really good wine list and the chile wine which we chose was gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LesleyDined on 28/9/2014Excellent meal,great service .perfect pre theatre location. definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- good experienceneelix31Dined on 28/9/2014Second time in this restaurant for a pre theatre meal good food and service even though the restaurant was extremely busy will definitely be going back and would recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedout4abargainDined on 28/9/2014As this isn't the first time I have visited Yen Rotunda for a pre theatre meal I knew that I could expect good food and service at reasonable prices. Again I was not surprised that the experience was as good as previous occasions. An added bonus of dining at Yen or any of the Rotunda restaurants is the free parking which, if you are attending an event at the SECC or Hydro, saves an extortionate £7 parking charge for a couple of hours !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Excellent food and service. A very enjoyable evening was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014Ate at per theatre time although booked from a la carte menu. Very disappointed with the meal as there was a very thin, overcooked chicken in breadcrumbs served to us and had not been drained of grease properly. Had to cut off breadcrumbs to try and eat. Finished up eating the rice and sauce. No ginger was served with the Katsu curry either. Only realised this after we left. Made do with it as we didn't have time to wait on something else. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Everythng is 100%JenalsDined on 26/9/2014Thourghly recommend when going to see a show or concert park up and receive a code to leave car park after the show which is a bonus after enjoying a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Nice ambiencehappydinerDined on 26/9/2014We went here for a pre theatre meal as we were attending the Hydro across the road later in the evening. The place was absolutely buzzing, it was jam packed at 5pm obviously with others also attending the Hydro but even though it was so busy, the service was excellent and there was no prolonged wait for food. The food itself was also very good and you have the choice of Chinese, Japanese and Thai so if your dining partner has different tastes from you you will almost certainly be able to have something that you both like. I, myself went for Japanese whereas my partner had Chinese and we both enjoyed the meals. It was also very good value for money and will certainly re-visit and try the a la carte menu next time.Special Features:
- Pre Hydro concertMaryspair2Dined on 24/9/2014Very nice surroundings and ambience, busy ,though service quick not pushy. We went a la cart and the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- PLATES BROUGHT TO THE TABLE2SCOMPANYDined on 21/9/2014When the plates were brought to the table for mains they were lovely and hot but it was about 20mins later that they brought the food and plates were stone cold then so food got cold rather quicklySpecial Features:
- MagooDined on 20/9/2014I booked at table for a meal for 4 before we went to see Still Game at the Hydro. We had to wait in a queue as everyone in front of us had booked a table also. The queue went down quickly and we were only about 5 to 10 minutes later than the booking. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We were able to leave our car in the car park and just make our way over to the Hydro for the show. Before we left for the show the waiter gave us a number so that we could exit the car park when we came back. I would recommend the Yen Rotunda but book slighly earlier than you require as it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely lunchgillyjellybellyDined on 20/9/2014Yet again lunch at Yen was great, excellent value for money, lovely staff and good food, would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!Janeyrx1Dined on 19/9/2014First time dining in Yen and we will definetly be back. I was amazed at the choice! Great value for money and generous portions! Staff were very attentive and food was served at a good pace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DiningDavieGDined on 19/9/2014The restaurant was extremely busy. We booked a meal prior to attending a show in the nearby SSE Hydro. The restaurant is very close to the venue. The food was ok but nothing special and not to the quality we had expected after previous visits. The chicken satay starter was tough to cut from the skewer and it was extremely difficult to taste the meat on the Crispy Beef. We sensed the number of people dining, most of whom were attending the nearby show, was causing issues with the service being provided. We waited 35minutes for our main course and had to ask the serving staff twice where it was. This caused us to have to rush our main course. Over and above all this we were overcharged on our bill which I didn't notice until we were home.Special Features:
- Highly recommendJanianDined on 19/9/2014Staff were friendly, efficient and welcoming. Service was quick and food delicious. Will definately recommend to my friends, planning another visit in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedOut2lunchDined on 11/9/2014Food good for the price but service incredibly rushed. Our table was booked for 1pm but they made a big thing about telling us they closed at 2pm. Not very relaxing. Very pressured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.