28 Tunnel Street
Glasgow, G3 8HLNeighborhood:
ChinesePrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yenrotunda.com/
- Phone: 01418470110
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Sat: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Mon - Fri: 5:00pm - 11pm
Sat: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book our venue for your private events!
- Private Party Contact: Ken 01418470330
A word from Yen Rotunda
Yen Oriental Restaurant set within the historic north rotunda building on the banks of the River Clyde. We serve Thai, Chinese & Japanese cuisine, have a fantastic selection of Oriental beers and an extensive wine selection enjoyed in relaxed surroundings. We are located directly across the road from the SECC, Clyde Auditorium and Hydro Arena. We have free parking for patrons. Upstairs in the Oriental part of the restaurant there is a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We serve a selection of Oriental beers in bottles and draught, and have an extensive wine selection. Upstairs we serve Thai, Chinese & Japanese food, spicy Thai curries, healthy and tasty Japanese noodle dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yen Rotunda - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
Yen Rotunda reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since 20 May 2014
pre/post theatre (223)special occasions (93)group bookings (73)business meals (59)outstanding value (51)romance (47)fit for foodies (47)good vegetarian options (23)sunday lunch (21)child friendly (15)brunch (8)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (2)Show More
- RushedOut2lunchDined on 11/9/2014Food good for the price but service incredibly rushed. Our table was booked for 1pm but they made a big thing about telling us they closed at 2pm. Not very relaxing. Very pressured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014We ate at the restaurant ahead of going to an event. The restaurant was very quiet, in fact at one point we were the only diners and as such the service was good, perhaps overly too much. I would go back and certainly recommend it if you were in that part of town.Special Features:
- Pre TheatrebensontwentyDined on 5/9/2014Quick service when we were in a hurry without compromising on the quality. They are obviously geared up for people in a hurry for concerts as when I asked for my coffee in a hurry they offered me it in a takeaway cup. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yen rotundaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Quick service, nice atmosphere and tasty food. Ideal.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent serviceTBGlasgowDined on 27/8/2014Yen is perfect for pre theatre-menu is fantastic and it's hard to choose! The service is excellent and the night we attended we were off to a show at the Hydro. As usual the food was served amazingly quickly, despite a packed restaurant, and we made the show in plenty of time. I love Yen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!scooterDined on 27/8/2014We had the two course pre theatre meal and couldn't fault a thing. Staff were amazing and friendly even though the restaurant was packed. Food was simply delicious especially the crispy shredded chicken. All In all a great dining experience and very handy pre show at the hydro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and good food :o)SkyemacDined on 26/8/2014Have been to Yen Rotunda on many occasions ... have tried both the Italian and the Chinese food and so far have never had bad food .. lol had a few order mishaps but it's been quickly resolved. The service is quick, especially for Pre Theatre / Show. Lunch is slightly more relaxed. Overall a great place for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSarahDined on 25/8/2014Excellent meal with excellent staff. Very friendly and efficient. Great for SECC / Hydro events. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality foodsunkat10Dined on 2/8/2014excellent fresh tasting food, great service and menu choicesSpecial Features:
- Games DinnerOutandaboutDined on 30/7/2014Enjoyed dinner at Yen good service and very good food, just when you needed to be quick for the evening games they were Well done.Special Features:
- Staff's AttitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/7/2014There was an inconsistency in staff, some where very helpful and others were very rude.Special Features:
- Great food & service...music brash!TillyOnTourDined on 19/7/2014Great food, good choice of menu and friendly staff...for me spoilt a little by the 'rock n roll' music that didn't create the right ambience! To be fair the staff endeavoured to resolve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening mealdemeter83Dined on 13/7/2014Booked on a bit of a whim during a weekend in Glasgow when we suddenly realised how far away the restaurant we'd actually booked way. The meal was fantastic, a lovely selection of foods and they were all fantastically cooked. Service was great, staff were very attentive, but not overly pushy!Special Features:
- FoodbabyDined on 28/6/2014Fantastic food and service. Mixed starter was delicious. Recommend Thai green currySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableluv2eatDined on 28/6/2014Organised a girls night out and we received a warm welcome, the service was quick, restaurant was busy, staff were attentive and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEAL OUT WITH HUSBANDWENDYMACDined on 27/6/2014BEEN BEFORE FOOD GOOD AND SERVICE BUT VERY BUSY ON CONCERT NIGHTSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/6/2014Service was very rushed and therefore couldn't really relax. Felt like I as in a fast food place rather than a restuarant. Felt the food was flung in the table & no acknowledgement from staff ie enjoy your meal. Also 1 of our waitresses was chewing gum! This is the 1st time eve I haven't left a tip.
- Service with a smile?DMSmithDined on 27/6/2014Excellent food and fast service however, the waitress was pushy and not very friendly which spoilt what was supposed to be a romantic meal. Would recommend for a pre-theatre/concert meal, but not somewhere to go for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous!patonsDined on 26/6/2014Great night, food, service and hospitality! We will returnxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/6/2014excellent for pre-theatre/pre-concert dinner superb service and fresh delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre concertsLinzDined on 20/6/2014Great location for people visiting secc or sse hydro as you can park in one place and walk to both the restaurant and concert. The restaurant was extremely busy but despite this the service was still quick and efficient. There is a pre theatre meal however the menu is a little limited if you are a vegetarian but the option is there to eat from the ala carte although this makes it a little more expensive. All in would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respect for Dolly & YenJot27869Dined on 18/6/2014I booked this last minute. Very accommodating no problem booking online and my friend turned up early Had a quick meal no issues. Off to Dolly then realised I left my cardy behind. I called and collected after. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Emacd1Dined on 18/6/2014I have eaten on several occasions at the Yen, the food is wonderful, nice staff who are always cheerful . Great venue for a meal before a show in the SSEC or the Hydro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group pre theatre bookingGroupieDined on 18/6/2014Excellent service, very quick service and meals excellent quality. Very pleasant surroundings and good atmosphere. Excellent value for money. Very convenient for venue activitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Hydro - Dolly ShowjimcatehereDined on 17/6/2014Well organised, we arrived 15 mms early and the place was totally full, the head waiter very politely advised us that they were running very tight to their schedule and asked if we minded coming back at our allotted time, we went to the bar upstairs ... the table was ready on time and we ordered within ten mins, prawn crackers on the table, five mins later starters arrived - mains came five mins after clearing starters - quality - very good, portion sizes , not huge but certainly more than enough, I like that - it was a pre theatre menu and service, so we wanted a quackish in and out, and that is what they did, I would like to go back and sample their a la carte menu sometime.Special Features:
- Good per concert dinnerYumdinnerDined on 17/6/2014We dined at yen rotunda before the Dolly Parton concert. It was very, very busy yet service was fairly prompt. The pre-theatre menu was good, the food of a decent standard. Would use again before a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre mealloveablehDined on 17/6/2014Excellant way to fill ur belly when goin to a night out .. great value ... back again on the 27th june ... yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert diningDollyfan2Dined on 17/6/2014First visit to Yen. Booked it primarily because if it's proximity to Hydro. Restaurant was very busy (mainly women going to Dolly Parton concert), but I was very impressed with the speed of service and the quality of the food. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantDinner4twoDined on 13/6/2014Had yet another fabulous meal in Yen Glasgow. The choice is really good with a mixture of Chinese, Thai or Japanese cuisine. Usually really busy because of its proximity to the SECC and the Hydro so I would recommend you book. Reasonable price and we had a special offer so got 25% of our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food prompt serviicewithClassyladyDined on 2/6/2014Within easy walking distance of hydro ! Good food prompt service and good value for money!! I would highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefanDined on 2/6/2014The meal was served quickly and very efficiently considering how busy the restaurant was. The food was very tasty and the portions adequate. the staff were brilliant in that they constantly returned to the table to pour wine and check all was ok. Great value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yendougtriciaDined on 2/6/2014Having eaten in yen many times the standard of the food has always been first class. Staff are always polite helpful and pleasant.food always superb (fried rice never greasey)and with good prices.will return on many more occasians.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatreEstherAnnDined on 1/6/2014We went for a meal before going to a concert. It was great tp hear the groups music playing in the restaurant when we arrived, and for the whole of our meal - added to the night. Super fast service from very friendly staff. Food small portions, but ideal for a pre-theatre, and great value for money. Vegetarian option available too which was great for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealAnnieDined on 31/5/2014Lovely meal. But staff under pressure with the amount of customers. Service was slow. Would still return but would make the table earlier to save the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/5/2014Booked Yen Rotunda for the reason it was close to the Hydro but had the added bonus of great food and great service at a good price.Special Features:
- Pre Concert VenueDutchdinerDined on 19/5/2014This restaurant is perfect for a pre-concert meal in the evening as it is ideally located for access to the SEC Complex on the Clydeside. Restuarant is very comfortable and attractive with good views of the riverside. The staff are always friendly and the service is efficient. Food is delicious too!Special Features:
- Pre theatre mealSchmogsDined on 17/5/2014Took my kids here as a treat before the Katy Perry concert, the food arrived quickly, which considering it was so busy was very good especially as you're conscious of time with a concert to attend. Food was nice, a bit pricey but then I guess that's Glasgow prices... all adds up to making the experience!!Special Features:
- Very tastyCMcCDined on 16/5/2014Our first time at Yen Rotunda but definitely not our last. The staff were very polite and helpful. The food was superb. ( I can highly recommend the bbq duck.) The location is ideally suited for nearby trips to the SECC, Hydro, Armadillo and just a short walk across the bridge from the Science Centre and Imax cinema.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChineseConvethDined on 9/5/2014Second time we've been. Recommend giving yourself plenty time prior to show if your going to the SECC. Pre-show menu is very quick (less than 1 hour for two courses) but menu limited. Food still good but we preferred the full menu, it is excellent. Very efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ticks all the boxesHappyDinerDined on 8/5/2014Prompt service, helpful staff and very tasty food! Good pre-theatre menu, perfect for dinner before the Hydro. Will definitely return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.