York & Albany
London, NW1 7PSNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
York & Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany
- Phone: 02075921227
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 7am - 11am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Sunday and bank holidays
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Please note that we operate an all-day service on Sundays, between the hours of: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Kim Woodward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from York & Albany
York & Albany is part of an impressive portfolio of restaurants owned and operated by Michelin Star and Celebrity Chef - Gordon Ramsay. Located between the tranquil Regent’s Park and lively Camden. This stylish townhouse with Dining Rooms, a Long bar and ten beautiful, individual bedrooms and suites, this John Nash building captures the complete elegance of the Regency period serving modern British cuisine where the food is at its heart. Using produce from his favourite suppliers, Kim Woodward has created a menu which succeeds in being varied, season and uncomplicated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
York & Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (143)fit for foodies (105)sunday lunch (98)romance (96)business meals (82)brunch (71)group bookings (53)outdoor eating (41)good vegetarian options (30)child friendly (28)afternoon tea (25)outstanding value (25)pre/post theatre (22)disabled access (14)Show More
- Excellent locationrahoolDined on 14/9/2014Great ambience though our food was not great. However staff were friendly and quickly replaced the course.Special Features:
- DissapointingglenaramaDined on 13/9/2014Service was poor, especially the front bar where the tender was serving other people between getting our two drinks. Portions were on the small size and an 'optional' tip was added to our bill. I expected a lot better.
- RayMDined on 12/9/2014Great service and food was delicious but portions are small.Special Features:
- Not again, for us at leastkoolhabsDined on 11/9/2014Food was rather salty, several course. Salmon arrived genuinely raw in parts, "we do it rare..." Room was dark, perhaps too much so. Competitively priced set menu, desserts were lovely. There was more than one veggie option, for our token vegetarian. Service was lovely, but sometimes we felt a bit lost in the dark. As I said before, not again, for us at least...
- lovely lunchstellaDined on 11/9/2014Gorgeous lunch at this wonderful atmospheric dining establishment. Charming staff, warm friendly and helpful, made us feel welcome and important to them. We had a tour of the venue and private dining room - plan to book a party there. Food great, delicious, fine quality. Enjoyed crisp, cold Pino Grigio.i really can't see why others found staff unfriendly, they are lovely. Polite, helpful and full of fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dinner in london!swedishfoodiesDined on 7/9/2014I must say that for a 3 course dinner for 2 it was amasing value. 126 pound for both of us is not a heavy price. The service was outstanding. I will come back here next time i visit london.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant findJSTSVIPDined on 7/9/2014This was the only Gordon Ramsay establishment we had not been to in London, so we though we would give it a try as we were going to be in the area. The food was a little underwhelming, but then with the Sunday menu, there was not as much choice as with the weekday menus. Both my husband and I found the food very highly seasoned. We love salt, but it may not be to everyone's palate. The staff were lovely though; professional, but very friendly and helpful. As this is close to Regents park and my husband and I like to go walking, we will be going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaPrimrosehopeDined on 6/9/2014Excellent pizza and atmosphere. Only negative was that a couple of the pizzas were 'white' pizzas (no tomato) and this wasn't very clear from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badbambamDined on 4/9/2014This is the second time I've been here over a long period. I personally found my initial visit better than the more recent. Being a typical foodie, going to a British restaurant doesn't really tickle the taste buds. I do wonder whether the restaurant is leaning too hard at the owners name rather than punch above its weight. The starter and main were okay, nothing really special. Would you expect more from a Ramsey menu? The dessert didn't seem to taste as expected, however the waiter was kind enough to remove that cost from the bill. Not sure I'd pay them another visit, especially with so much on offer in London.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Sunday GrubchazzVIPDined on 31/8/2014This is our local for Sunday dinner, very tasty food, presented superbly. The Staff are always fantastically friendly. We got fig salad ad parfait to begin, then followed by roast beef and seabass. Cooked to perfection. Compliments to the chef as always. Will be returning again next week likely. :) THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Nice and friendly welcome at the door. Food was really good. Atmosphere would have been better I think if the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- OutstandingDanielleSmalleyDined on 25/8/2014We came here for my partners 21st birthday .. Staff are so polite, friendly and helpful and the food is exquisite! Highly recommenedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little light for BrunchdominicDined on 25/8/2014A lovely setting and perfectly located for moving on to a day day in Camden or Regents Park. I had been told that the food here was excellent, and although for the most part it was the breakfast selection wasn't quite right for a bank holiday brunch. The Eggs Benedict were a little over done and the quantity on pancakes (in particular the limited amount of banana) was rather disappointing. All in all we had a nice breakfast, but considering the additional cost didn't feel that we received much more for our money than had we gone to one of the many small boutique cafes nearby.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodGainrobDined on 24/8/2014Pre-booked lunch at 1130 but didn't realise lunch doesn't start until 1200. Staff were very attentive, made us comfortable and fit us drinks while we waited. Once seated, service was really good and staff knew their drink and food menus well, recommending the right choices for us. Both our meals were fabulous (mains and desserts) and we'd definitely return! Pat in the back to Gordon's staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Afternoon Tea with twistaltmatt1992Dined on 21/8/2014My wife and I went there as a celebration for her birthday, and we had the afternoon gin tea menu which was fantastic!The chef came out and explained everything on the menu to us. The food was excellent, the service was impeccable and they even went the extra mile and brought a special dessert dish just for my wife! The atmosphere was fantastic, very relaxing, the restaurant is clean, bright and attractive, and so I would very much recommend you check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014The starter was enought good but the main course of lamb was terribleSpecial Features:
- NeilPDined on 20/8/2014The menu was uninspiring and both of our meals were very poor. Service although friendly was slow. I've eaten at the York & Albany on many occasions and its heyday was certainly under Angela Hartnett's management when the food and service was excellent and the ambiance buzzed. It has slowly declined on all fronts since. (However, I did have Sunday lunch there a few weeks back which was very good). Come on Mr Ramsey, this just isn't good enough for the prices being charged.Special Features:
- York & AlbanyCharlieVIPDined on 16/8/2014had a good group dinner here - good food and the wine choices were great - service is a little slow but nothing terrible - all round enjoyable relatively casual dining experiance
- York & Albany - SurprisingGastronaut108Dined on 14/8/2014We love Gordon Ramsay's establishments & have great respect for him as a Chef/Restaurateur. Dining with him should be a treat. But here, whilst the food of course was very good, the experience was somewhat spoiled. The "welcome" we received on arrival was so brusque & so rude as to be insulting. This is not acceptable & Mr. Ramsay should be made aware. Meanwhlile a very thin & very sad-looking waitress wandered disconsolately around, asking us if we wanted a drink, adding to the feeling that we should just leave. But we were expecting guests. Waiters at the table were nicer & dinner was enjoyed by all, but the place was uncomfortably noisy & lacking in atmosphere, & the bad feeling remained. So disappointed - Would not bother to repeat.
- Beautiful buildingLisalovesDined on 12/8/2014The space is absolutely beautiful creating a fantastic ambience. However the service and food did not delight as much as the surroundings. I had the trout without the sauce as I am dairy free and it was dry and bland. I am sure with the sauce it would have been tastier. My family had steak and sea bass which I think was a far better choice. I think they could have done better on the food and had a few more choices. We had to wait a very long time for our mains which they did apologise for but that wasn't really acceptable as they were not that full.Special Features:
- gpyvesDined on 10/8/2014We were a bit disappointed by the menu: slightly overpriced uninspiring gastro-pub food. There are a few gastro-pubs in London, often very good. This one is in line with them, but pretends somehow to be above (elaborate service and higher prices), but the cuisine, although very good, is not up to this pretension. The choice was rather limited, and the dishes very classic - well made, but a bit boring. That makes that there is no particular reason to go to this restaurant.
- DessertTsetseDined on 9/8/2014We lasted a good moment. Good food. Good ambience. Correct prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Roast in Camden?KittyBangBangDined on 27/7/2014My husband is vegetarian and we really struggle to find anywhere in the Camden/Kentish Town area that does a vegetarian roast option. Often the veg option is risotto or pasta and we can't find anywhere that does a real veggie roast. They have a great veggie option here, although the portion size seemed a little on the small side compered to my roast chicken. My husband said that next time he'd add in a side too. My food was beautifully cooked and I think the roast potatoes are the best I've had while eating out. Dessert was also beautiful. The cocktails were beautifully mixed and the staff were attentive and very friendly. It is slightly more expensive than eating at a pub but the price is reflected in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAnitaDined on 27/7/2014Bloody Mary was incredible! Table wobbled the whole meal on/off.Special Features:
- Great mealNYCFamilyVisitDined on 23/7/2014Had a fantastic dinner experience. This was our first meal upon arriving in London and York & Albany did not disappoint us. The appetizer's and main course meals were delicious. The drinks were fantastic, and the price was reasonable. Worth taking the tube to have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchtesterDined on 23/7/2014Nice welcome and decoration, service efficient and savoury food obviously made with fresh and quality products. Price correct for the overallSpecial Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceSusan100Dined on 22/7/2014We go to the York and Albany regularly for their amazing breakfast. It is child-friendly but also lovely for adults. The pancakes are some of the best I've found in London. I also love to go for lunch and dinner. Their food is always excellent, as is the service. The garden in the back is the perfect spot for a leisurely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough meatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/7/2014We had the special of the day Rump Steak ....... Not Great !Special Features:
- Food great, service let them downfredlovesfoodDined on 19/7/2014Visiting one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants you expect the whole experience to be outstanding, considering what you see of him on TV. The food was really good and I cleared every plate but the service really let the place down. The staff were not very attentive at all, my husband asked for more water on 3 separate occasions and it either didn't come or it came about half hour later. There seemed to be a lot of staff just congregating together and chatting and we were just left. Overall food was gorgeous but really disappointed with the service.Special Features:
- serviceodp3653Dined on 15/7/2014Tim was our main waitor and was very polite and helpful. Especially when we were told we couldn't have pizza in the resturant area, I think this needs to be specified online when people are making their bookings. Tim said it would be ok and got everything sorted for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2014Great food, great service! Our party of four wanted to try a Gordon Ramsay restaurant and we were quite satisfied.Special Features:
- Sunday roast at York & AlbanyJohnMDined on 6/7/2014Good sunday roast in the attractive settings of York & Albany. Roast beef itself was good but not spectacular, however, all the vegetables and horseradish cream were excellent! My other half's sea bass was excellent.Special Features:
- Great experienceBones546Dined on 3/7/2014Fantastic food, great wine, quality service. Will be back for another great experience.Special Features:
- York and AlbanyCamdenregularDined on 1/7/2014Normally I have had very good experiences at the York and Albany when phoning for a reservation. By booking online I found I had not been given a table in the restaurant but in the noisy bar where there is very little service and I often had to try to attract attention. This was extremely disappointing as I was entertaining for a business lunch. I wouldn't recommend booking online. Had I known the restaurant was full I would have gone elsewhere.
- Excellent as alwaysMaddieMDined on 1/7/2014Made the trip to Camden while in London because it had been a while since we visited the York & Albany and it didn't disappoint. The food here is wonderful whether you go from the bar or the restaurant menu and on a Tuesday lunchtime they were happy for us to mix and match. Their cocktails are the main reason we go, they are some of the best in the world. The service is perfect, friendly but not overbearing. We will keep going back here, one of the best bars and restaurants in the country.Special Features:
- Nice place, service needs workYorkDined on 29/6/2014I visited the York & Albany on 29/06/2014 for my girlfriends birthday. Was excited initially as the restaurant looks beautiful. Our food was nice, but very overpriced so we never felt that we had value for money for what was essentially a Chicken and Beef Sunday roast. Our waiter had a very strange demeanour and lacked any personality and generally looked very unhappy to be there. No small talk just plenty of sighs and groans. They also ignored my email and forgot to wish my girlfriend a happy birthday. After all It's the little things which make you want to return. Our experience was a 6/10. I hope our experience of Petrus in Belgravia is slightly better.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but.....a little pricyJenconDined on 28/6/2014We had to wait a little on arrival as it wasnt clear should we move to the bar or wait at what appeared to be a check in table. When we were greeted the service was friendly and informal which we do prefer. We were seated downstairs so could see the kitchen and preparation of the food. This was something we were more than happy about. If you are not bothered about this and would prefer a more airy environment stay upstairs !! Our waiter introduced himself as Tim and he was friendly and attentive.Pre meal drink and the Champagne Pims was excellent. We had 3 courses and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. So why a little pricey we had another experience at another famous restaurant recently,no names, and it just felt a little more special.Special Features:
- over seasoned fooddsaDDined on 28/6/2014Steak meal so salty to be unedable. Offered free course on next visit - but won't be back.
- Very relaxed, very easy goingAC12345Dined on 23/6/2014Staff is very friendly, there is no time pressure. Relaxed and comfortable surroundings, spend the entire afternoon eating and drinking. Best place to go after a day in the park or the zoo.Special Features:
- LovelykamminjoDined on 21/6/2014A really lovely evening with delicious food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.