York & Albany
London, NW1 7PSNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
York & Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany
- Phone: 020 7592 1227
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 7am - 11am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Sunday and bank holidays
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Please note that we operate an all-day service on Sundays, between the hours of: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Kim Woodward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from York & Albany
York & Albany is part of an impressive portfolio of restaurants owned and operated by Michelin Star and Celebrity Chef - Gordon Ramsay. Located between the tranquil Regent’s Park and lively Camden. This stylish townhouse with Dining Rooms, a Long bar and ten beautiful, individual bedrooms and suites, this John Nash building captures the complete elegance of the Regency period serving modern British cuisine where the food is at its heart. Using produce from his favourite suppliers, Kim Woodward has created a menu which succeeds in being varied, season and uncomplicated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
York & Albany - Best restaurants in Camden Town ›
York & Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
368 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (165)fit for foodies (124)romance (120)sunday lunch (110)business meals (95)brunch (71)group bookings (67)outdoor eating (41)outstanding value (30)child friendly (30)good vegetarian options (28)pre/post theatre (26)afternoon tea (24)disabled access (15)Show More
- Engaged, Attentive, MemorablefriffinDined on 21/11/2014We had a series of delicious starters, mains, pre-deserts and finally, deserts. The waiters and staff were attentive and always available. The food, wine and atmosphere was just what we needed on a Friday evening after a long week at work. What a wonderful local eatery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningNick101Dined on 20/11/2014All round very good restaurant. Was a bit worried as had read some negative reviews about service and the food. But some of the best service I've had in a while and the food was delicious. Definitely go again, there's a lot more of the food I'd like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningMG2014Dined on 14/11/2014We had a very pleasant hour sat in a relaxed but buzzing bar area before being seated initially in the downstairs area by the pen kitchen. This proved to be very cold (not sure why) but we were quickly moved upstairs. Food was excellent and the is a lovely ambience to the dining area. We will definitely be back and would recommend the York & Albany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable localFiona1Dined on 13/11/2014Ambience is very nice of an evening. Door staff were friendly and efficent. Service from then on was lackadaisical. We constantly had to seek out our waitress for drinks, to order, for the bill. We both had a very nice steak althought it was a little exxy for what it was (most expensive item on the menu). There were less expensive options for sure. Dessert was lovely. Plenty of wines by the glass. Overall enjoyed the experience and will return. Would like to try during the day as they have lovely glass ceilings.
- Great location, lovely atmosphere...LaGourmande89Dined on 13/11/2014... and good food, if nothing exceptional. The 3 courses for £24 is good value. A very nice place to spend the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better....companyDined on 13/11/2014Servise very slow. We were not offered to have bread with the started amd of course when our starter arrived we asked for bread as we realised there was no bread on the table. For our dissapointment bread arrived when we finished our starters. For the main course the same. What is even more dissapointing that we actually nedded to pay for bread £10. Is it normal??? I didnt visited many top restaurants but whenever i was we always get bread for free... When we ordered our desert no one asked if we would like to have tea or coffee together with our desert... Rather dissapointing Quality of food is not bad, i actually liked everything i have ordered. However we will not be coming back there.....
- Great eveningmangiaBeneDined on 12/11/2014We both enjoyed our evening meal here. We found the service attentive whilst not being overly so. The dining room was really nicely lit, with some great modern art paintings hanging on the wall. The three course offer we had through OpenTable was fantastic value-for-money. We thought the food was of a really good quality, especially the guinea fowl and both our deserts. We'd definitely like to come back again for another pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- York & Albany ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014The food was fantastic and the service was excellent with the staff being extremely friendly, warm and professional. The ambience was great and felt like a cool trendy bizzy buzzy place with a live musician. Excellent value thoroughly enjoyed and will definitely go back. Only 1 small negative would be the set menu was extremely limited to only 2 or 3 dishes per course - otherwise it was A La Carte But the food was amazing - highly recommend the tuna or lamb croquettes for starters ..... Well done Gordon !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at York & AlbanyLovefoodDined on 11/11/2014I ate at York & Albany with a friend on Tuesday evening. I ordered the cod with a side dish - the food was well prepared and there was a good choice on the menu (although there were some dishes on the set menu which weren't available on the a la carte). I would recommend the resturant for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday boyDavidDined on 10/11/2014Dinner for a birthday boy - good location, very good ambience, friendly service and good food. Who could ask for more?Special Features:
- A happy birthday dinnerChevalBlancDined on 10/11/2014Went here for a three-course birthday dinner using a set menu deal (three courses+prosecco for £29). The food was excellent and the service superb. The atmosphere wasn't snobby, but rather speak-easy. Was given an extra dessert when the waiter realised it was my birthday. Probably the best restaurant in the Camden area when it comes to the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food,Service and ValuelovegoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014What looked like an average outing became a memorable one! Food was outstanding, service was great and the ambience very pleasant. The cherry on top was the final bill, which added to the feel good factor as we both were surprised how reasonable it was. Definitely a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawlessaon1Dined on 7/11/2014The open table promotion proved to be incredible value for money. Restaurant decor and atmosphere was beautiful. The service was outstanding and the food was as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the York & AlbanyTheConstantDinerDined on 7/11/2014My family and I were at the York & Albany to sample the set menu lunch. There were some very good choices in all three courses. The general consensus round the table was that the haddock dish did not have enough haddock on the plate, although it is delicious. The starters, mushroom soup, smoked salmon salad, and lamb croquette were very good. It was a nice that the lamb croquettes were all lamb and not bulked up with potato, and it was lovely and crisp on the outside. The pheasant main was voted best main course by everyone. As for the desserts - everyone cleaned up their plates. The bavarois was just sweet enough and very fruity, complimented perfectly by the tart green apple sorbet, the chocolate tart was delicious, as was the syllabub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinner.foodieVIPDined on 6/11/2014We were 4 people for dinner using the TT offer. The welcome glass of prosecco was very good quality and the service was efficient and welcoming. We were seated downstairs and enjoyed the interaction with the kitchen. The food was simply divine - just perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. The food which we could see going upstairs to the bar also looked wonderful and also interesting. Great service and even better food - we will most certainly be back. Thank you to both front of house and also the chefs for a thoroughly enjoyable evening and looking after us so well.Special Features:
- In a word, inconsistentfriffinDined on 6/11/2014Full disclosure - my wife and I were married at the York & Albany on 2010 and we've returned many times for a variety of occasions including anniversaries, birthdays and sometimes, just because. We've seen the Y&A go from a fairly exclusive and perhaps cold environment to a warm, cosy and inclusive experience. Our most recent visit was for my wife's birthday and the service was poor - the lady who greeted us at the door didn't actually greet us and never looked us in the eye when she led us to the restaurant where we were left to fend for ourselves. There was only one person taking orders which meant we sat for a while without any help. And the wine list had to be requested. The poorest experience of our visits thus far.Special Features:
- Diners2Dined on 5/11/2014Very enjoyable visit ,service food , and ambience, good, only complaint, tables too close together, in some cases almost joined, not much privacy ,Special Features:
- DJ visit to York and AlbanyRockingdjDined on 5/11/2014My colleague and I had a most enjoyable meal here, with good service and a friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Brilliant!jessDined on 1/11/2014If you go, get a table by the kitchen downstairs. Of all open kitchens, this one you really get up and close to see the action. My parents enjoyed their treat.Special Features:
- Surprise for my boyfriends birthdayBethalsDined on 1/11/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend somewhere special for his birthday & I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic, the staff were wonderful & atmosphere was perfect. It is a wonderful place to go for a special meal. They even did a birthday dessert for him, complete with candle & 'happy birthday' written in chocolate. He was delighted & so was I. Would definitely recommend & can't wait to go back. Thank you for such a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and amazing serviceTtucker9Dined on 1/11/2014Had a great night, quick service and amazing top quality food! Would definitely recommend and the service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueFoodieWonDined on 31/10/2014The set menu was outstanding value. We could have eaten anything off the menu. The lamb croquettes were really meaty, the guinea fowl was super and the desserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/10/2014Nothing stood out. It was just another meal, and we really expected more.Special Features:
- 5 out of 5!worldfoodieDined on 30/10/2014This restaurant is brilliant, can't fault the food, service or ambience. Just go and enjoy it.Special Features:
- Yumm...majwDined on 29/10/2014We came along this restaurant due an Open Table recommendation and it was worth every penny. We ordered the 3 course meal including a complementary glass of champagne. The food was just delicious/outstanding. The restaurant has an open kitchen in the basement which can be a little noisy - not for us since we like to watch the chef prep the food. The service was outstanding - our waitress had good knowledge about wine and recommended a great wine to our meals. We had a wonderful evening and would recommend this restaurant to our friends anytime.Special Features:
- RoyalSisterDined on 29/10/2014A very nice set menu. The food was delicious. The wine is a little pricey. The ambiance was nice, although the room was quite warm. The bar area was quirky and eclectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingZantDined on 29/10/2014Excellent and charming restaurant.Excellent food for good prices, lovely ambient and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Live music by the barxyuzDined on 28/10/2014I was surprised to find that there was live music on the day I went. This added to the casual ambiance with a selection of appropriate music genres and great vocals. My friend and I enjoyed this extra touch a lot, while we sat at a table near the bar which is on the other side of the main restaurant area. The food wasn't very fancy but had great taste. I booked under the set menu which made it very worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/10/2014Went for dinner mid week. Had a drink at the bar first which had a nice atmosphere, old world pub like. We ate on the ground floor which was ok, not great. We did take a look downstairs which seemed like it had a bit more atmosphere. Had the set menu which had good choice and dishes were good if not outstanding. Service was very good.Special Features:
- York & Albany - birthday suppereddieDined on 27/10/2014We visited as a party of 6 for an early supper to celebrate my son's 10th birthday. We were seated promptly and had a good meal - enjoyed by the children and adults alike. The staff made a fuss over my son and even did a birthday 'cake' (macaroon) with a candle for him - he was delighted. The only negatives were the (ultra) low lighting - we weren't the only table using our phones to read the menu! - and the fact that they didn't have a second bottle of our chosen wine in the fridge. Neither a huge deal but worth noting! Thanks for a really pleasant evening and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Useful in CamdenPerryDined on 27/10/2014Their service was slow but setting pleasant. Good to see how they have maintained food quality over time. The deal included prosecco but they still forgot to ask if we wanted it.Special Features:
- RGoldenthighsDined on 26/10/2014Feels like an average gastro-pub but over-priced. Nice decor but far too many diners squashed in too small a space. Very short menu. "Sunday roast" beef had been pre-cut and kept warm. Otherwise good bread and veg. Charming servers but took too long to take orders and food and beverage service slow, particularly as food-choices so limited.Special Features:
- York & Albany - fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014We had dinner here last week and it was really lovely - excellent service and excellent food. My husband is vegetarian and although there was only one veg option for each course, they were all delicious. The only thing i would say is that it is more like a restaurant than a pub but that's fine!
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014We were a little late going to our table but with all the empty spaces why were we seated by the toilets? The area under the stairs is less than desirable! Food was great but didn't really understand what the waiter was saying or asking us. However the food was great!Special Features:
- Great food, lacking in atmospherefoodloverDined on 24/10/2014We had the set menu for £24 with a glass of Prosecco. The food was brilliant, as were the wine/cocktails. However the room felt a bit impersonal, like a hotel restaurant. Didn't really feel like Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, just a good quality hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Substitutedskilos4Dined on 24/10/2014We booked for 8pm and opted for the set menu. There were 4 in the party however 2 of the main course selections had run out and had to be substituted with dishes that were not as interesting as the original.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food and poor serviceldnukfamilyDined on 24/10/2014Made the booking on OpenTable and confirmed for 3pm. In the notes we said we had a baby and there was four of us. Whilst we dealt with the complete with the complete incompetence of being put in a non-baby friendly room inside the hotel, our friends who were sitting at the table were told the kitchen is closing. On top of that, the table was only big enough for 3 people and the baby buggy would have been in the way. Ok so we sorted it out and the food itself was ok after and the service improved. In review, not exactly what you would expect from an expensive Gordon Ramsay affair. The staff in the hotel were rude and apparently disorganised. It amuses me Ramsay has a programme reviewing other hotels - maybe focus on your own first...
- Keep it simpleElatch63Dined on 23/10/2014Good when keeping it simple but less so when trying for clever. The restaurant is really not the strong point of the Y&A; it's bar is brighter and better. Restaurant cramped and with awful acoustics. But the service is friendly and efficient and the cocktails pretty good.Special Features:
- dinnerbucyshDined on 23/10/2014Everything was great, thank you! I suggest to try the chocolate tart.Special Features:
- guddDined on 22/10/2014I went with my boyfriend and we had amazing service from a waiter called George. if it wasn't for George I wouldn't have enjoyed my night as much. The ambience of the restaurant was great, and we had a romantic evening. I did not enjoy my main meal, and ended up leaving half of it. Considering the amount we paid for the meal, I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this to friends or family for food.Special Features: