York & Albany
London, NW1 7PSNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
York & Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany
- Phone: 02075921227
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 7am - 11am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Sunday and bank holidays
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Please note that we operate an all-day service on Sundays, between the hours of: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Kim Woodward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from York & Albany
York & Albany is part of an impressive portfolio of restaurants owned and operated by Michelin Star and Celebrity Chef - Gordon Ramsay. Located between the tranquil Regent’s Park and lively Camden. This stylish townhouse with Dining Rooms, a Long bar and ten beautiful, individual bedrooms and suites, this John Nash building captures the complete elegance of the Regency period serving modern British cuisine where the food is at its heart. Using produce from his favourite suppliers, Kim Woodward has created a menu which succeeds in being varied, season and uncomplicated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
York & Albany - Best restaurants in Camden Town ›
York & Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (141)fit for foodies (101)sunday lunch (96)romance (95)business meals (78)brunch (69)group bookings (52)outdoor eating (41)afternoon tea (25)child friendly (24)good vegetarian options (24)pre/post theatre (20)outstanding value (19)disabled access (15)Show More
- dinnerbucyshDined on 23/10/2014Everything was great, thank you! I suggest to try the chocolate tart.Special Features:
- guddDined on 22/10/2014I went with my boyfriend and we had amazing service from a waiter called George. if it wasn't for George I wouldn't have enjoyed my night as much. The ambience of the restaurant was great, and we had a romantic evening. I did not enjoy my main meal, and ended up leaving half of it. Considering the amount we paid for the meal, I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this to friends or family for food.Special Features:
- Delicious, charming and friendlyNJMBDined on 20/10/2014We fancied eating out and booked a table for two using a set menu offer - went on a Monday night and it was pleasantly busy but not packed or crowded. The food was delicious, the service friendly but not overbearing, and we especially appreciated that although we were ordering from a set menu our dietary request (if we might replace an alcohol-containing side dish with one which didn't contain alcohol) was met with an "of course, absolutely no problem". Lovely atmosphere, good for a date or to meet a friend in the evening. Price wise, I found the set menu offer (£24 for 3 course meal) and drinks very reasonable (can't speak for the alcoholic drinks), and looking at the regular menu even that didn't seem too expensive. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noto just GordonpattyDined on 18/10/2014Excellent food nice location very informal . A bit expensive considering it is not very central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cocktails indifferent foodVickyHDined on 18/10/2014Returned for dinner as our previous visit for drinks had been memorably good. However, food was at best indifferent - over ambitious for the level of skill demonstrated by the kitchen. Service was very good however.
- Nice food but too darkInchedarkDined on 17/10/2014We were placed in the corner which was candle lit, but several of us had to use our phone torch to actually read the menu. Food was great, just wished we could have seen itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four your 55th birthday , my loveAlanNico59Dined on 13/10/2014I brought my Tesorina to Gordon's restaurant for my 55th birthday. She was excited and very pleased about the restaurant and the food. A beautiful experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BreakfastPinkmitchDined on 13/10/2014We as a group of work colleagues, come here once a month for breakfast as a treat. It is expensive, but worth it! Service and food great!Special Features:
- lunchtimeEddieS2Dined on 7/10/2014The staff were wonderful, the service was great, the food was excellent. A great atmosphere and experience would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue. Food ok but overpricedJohnADined on 4/10/2014Nice venue, with comfortable ambience. Unfortunately we were kept waiting 45 minutes for a table despite a reservation. Staff were polite and apologetic throughout. Might be understandable, but still unacceptable, if the restaurant was full, but it wasn't. Cocktails at the bar whilst waiting were excellent., and bar staff were attentive and polite. The food was generally good, apart from a VERY chewy duck breast. The seared tuna starter was excellent, and if the rest of the food were of a similar standard I would definitely be raving about this restaurant. It's not that the restaurant is overly expensive, just overpriced for the standard of food offered.
- ExcellentjonnixDined on 3/10/2014Really enjoyed my visit to Y&A. My boss took me there to celebrate my work anniversary, the food was excellent and they even gave me some special celebratory macaroons!Special Features:
- bland pizza expressgrooveriderDined on 1/10/2014i've been fortunate to eat in a number of good restaurants and quite a few that are linked to Ramsay but this was by far the one i would least recommend, service and food were great but location and decor were way under par underlined by the fact that in the courtyard there was nothing but what looked like an old shed that the waitress told us was for hire for private functions !!! ... i'm no way a snob but this place was just bland and you can see why it's days are numbered there are better places to eat and nicer locations.Special Features:
- fabulous food, fabulous servicenicoleDined on 26/9/2014What a fantastic meal (and the drinks of course). The food was brilliantly cooked, our waitress (and the new manager) was super nice and the kitchen staff were even happy to pose for a snap. They sent us home full, happy and looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Fading away?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/9/2014This was once a special place with good, attentive service, great food from an interesting menu and a great ambience. This weekend's visit was very different with distinctly average service, food that was well presented but was small portions of average quality ingredients that weren't really very well cooked. It wasn't special, the attention to detail has slipped and overall it's poor value for money.
- Excellent locationrahoolDined on 14/9/2014Great ambience though our food was not great. However staff were friendly and quickly replaced the course.Special Features:
- DissapointingglenaramaDined on 13/9/2014Service was poor, especially the front bar where the tender was serving other people between getting our two drinks. Portions were on the small size and an 'optional' tip was added to our bill. I expected a lot better.
- RayMDined on 12/9/2014Great service and food was delicious but portions are small.Special Features:
- Excellent foodkatjoy21Dined on 11/9/2014Had really nice meal here with friends visiting from Australia. Starters and main courses delicious, desserts slightly disappointing. Great location and excellent ambience. Set menu is really good value for money.Special Features:
- Not again, for us at leastkoolhabsDined on 11/9/2014Food was rather salty, several course. Salmon arrived genuinely raw in parts, "we do it rare..." Room was dark, perhaps too much so. Competitively priced set menu, desserts were lovely. There was more than one veggie option, for our token vegetarian. Service was lovely, but sometimes we felt a bit lost in the dark. As I said before, not again, for us at least...
- lovely lunchstellaDined on 11/9/2014Gorgeous lunch at this wonderful atmospheric dining establishment. Charming staff, warm friendly and helpful, made us feel welcome and important to them. We had a tour of the venue and private dining room - plan to book a party there. Food great, delicious, fine quality. Enjoyed crisp, cold Pino Grigio.i really can't see why others found staff unfriendly, they are lovely. Polite, helpful and full of fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dinner in london!swedishfoodiesDined on 7/9/2014I must say that for a 3 course dinner for 2 it was amasing value. 126 pound for both of us is not a heavy price. The service was outstanding. I will come back here next time i visit london.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant findJSTSVIPDined on 7/9/2014This was the only Gordon Ramsay establishment we had not been to in London, so we though we would give it a try as we were going to be in the area. The food was a little underwhelming, but then with the Sunday menu, there was not as much choice as with the weekday menus. Both my husband and I found the food very highly seasoned. We love salt, but it may not be to everyone's palate. The staff were lovely though; professional, but very friendly and helpful. As this is close to Regents park and my husband and I like to go walking, we will be going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaPrimrosehopeDined on 6/9/2014Excellent pizza and atmosphere. Only negative was that a couple of the pizzas were 'white' pizzas (no tomato) and this wasn't very clear from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badbambamDined on 4/9/2014This is the second time I've been here over a long period. I personally found my initial visit better than the more recent. Being a typical foodie, going to a British restaurant doesn't really tickle the taste buds. I do wonder whether the restaurant is leaning too hard at the owners name rather than punch above its weight. The starter and main were okay, nothing really special. Would you expect more from a Ramsey menu? The dessert didn't seem to taste as expected, however the waiter was kind enough to remove that cost from the bill. Not sure I'd pay them another visit, especially with so much on offer in London.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Sunday GrubchazzVIPDined on 31/8/2014This is our local for Sunday dinner, very tasty food, presented superbly. The Staff are always fantastically friendly. We got fig salad ad parfait to begin, then followed by roast beef and seabass. Cooked to perfection. Compliments to the chef as always. Will be returning again next week likely. :) THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Nice and friendly welcome at the door. Food was really good. Atmosphere would have been better I think if the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- OutstandingDanielleSmalleyDined on 25/8/2014We came here for my partners 21st birthday .. Staff are so polite, friendly and helpful and the food is exquisite! Highly recommenedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little light for BrunchdominicDined on 25/8/2014A lovely setting and perfectly located for moving on to a day day in Camden or Regents Park. I had been told that the food here was excellent, and although for the most part it was the breakfast selection wasn't quite right for a bank holiday brunch. The Eggs Benedict were a little over done and the quantity on pancakes (in particular the limited amount of banana) was rather disappointing. All in all we had a nice breakfast, but considering the additional cost didn't feel that we received much more for our money than had we gone to one of the many small boutique cafes nearby.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodGainrobDined on 24/8/2014Pre-booked lunch at 1130 but didn't realise lunch doesn't start until 1200. Staff were very attentive, made us comfortable and fit us drinks while we waited. Once seated, service was really good and staff knew their drink and food menus well, recommending the right choices for us. Both our meals were fabulous (mains and desserts) and we'd definitely return! Pat in the back to Gordon's staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Afternoon Tea with twistaltmatt1992Dined on 21/8/2014My wife and I went there as a celebration for her birthday, and we had the afternoon gin tea menu which was fantastic!The chef came out and explained everything on the menu to us. The food was excellent, the service was impeccable and they even went the extra mile and brought a special dessert dish just for my wife! The atmosphere was fantastic, very relaxing, the restaurant is clean, bright and attractive, and so I would very much recommend you check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014The starter was enought good but the main course of lamb was terribleSpecial Features:
- NeilPDined on 20/8/2014The menu was uninspiring and both of our meals were very poor. Service although friendly was slow. I've eaten at the York & Albany on many occasions and its heyday was certainly under Angela Hartnett's management when the food and service was excellent and the ambiance buzzed. It has slowly declined on all fronts since. (However, I did have Sunday lunch there a few weeks back which was very good). Come on Mr Ramsey, this just isn't good enough for the prices being charged.Special Features:
- York & AlbanyCharlieVIPDined on 16/8/2014had a good group dinner here - good food and the wine choices were great - service is a little slow but nothing terrible - all round enjoyable relatively casual dining experiance
- York & Albany - SurprisingGastronaut108Dined on 14/8/2014We love Gordon Ramsay's establishments & have great respect for him as a Chef/Restaurateur. Dining with him should be a treat. But here, whilst the food of course was very good, the experience was somewhat spoiled. The "welcome" we received on arrival was so brusque & so rude as to be insulting. This is not acceptable & Mr. Ramsay should be made aware. Meanwhlile a very thin & very sad-looking waitress wandered disconsolately around, asking us if we wanted a drink, adding to the feeling that we should just leave. But we were expecting guests. Waiters at the table were nicer & dinner was enjoyed by all, but the place was uncomfortably noisy & lacking in atmosphere, & the bad feeling remained. So disappointed - Would not bother to repeat.
- Beautiful buildingLisalovesDined on 12/8/2014The space is absolutely beautiful creating a fantastic ambience. However the service and food did not delight as much as the surroundings. I had the trout without the sauce as I am dairy free and it was dry and bland. I am sure with the sauce it would have been tastier. My family had steak and sea bass which I think was a far better choice. I think they could have done better on the food and had a few more choices. We had to wait a very long time for our mains which they did apologise for but that wasn't really acceptable as they were not that full.Special Features:
- gpyvesDined on 10/8/2014We were a bit disappointed by the menu: slightly overpriced uninspiring gastro-pub food. There are a few gastro-pubs in London, often very good. This one is in line with them, but pretends somehow to be above (elaborate service and higher prices), but the cuisine, although very good, is not up to this pretension. The choice was rather limited, and the dishes very classic - well made, but a bit boring. That makes that there is no particular reason to go to this restaurant.
- DessertTsetseDined on 9/8/2014We lasted a good moment. Good food. Good ambience. Correct prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Roast in Camden?KittyBangBangDined on 27/7/2014My husband is vegetarian and we really struggle to find anywhere in the Camden/Kentish Town area that does a vegetarian roast option. Often the veg option is risotto or pasta and we can't find anywhere that does a real veggie roast. They have a great veggie option here, although the portion size seemed a little on the small side compered to my roast chicken. My husband said that next time he'd add in a side too. My food was beautifully cooked and I think the roast potatoes are the best I've had while eating out. Dessert was also beautiful. The cocktails were beautifully mixed and the staff were attentive and very friendly. It is slightly more expensive than eating at a pub but the price is reflected in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAnitaDined on 27/7/2014Bloody Mary was incredible! Table wobbled the whole meal on/off.Special Features:
- Great mealNYCFamilyVisitDined on 23/7/2014Had a fantastic dinner experience. This was our first meal upon arriving in London and York & Albany did not disappoint us. The appetizer's and main course meals were delicious. The drinks were fantastic, and the price was reasonable. Worth taking the tube to have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.