York & Albany
London, NW1 7PSNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
York & Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany
- Phone: 02075921227
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 7am - 11am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
All day bar menu 12pm-11pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Sunday and bank holidays
Breakfast: 7am - 11.30am
Please note that we operate an all-day service on Sundays, between the hours of: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Kim Woodward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from York & Albany
York & Albany is part of an impressive portfolio of restaurants owned and operated by Michelin Star and Celebrity Chef - Gordon Ramsay. Located between the tranquil Regent’s Park and lively Camden. This stylish townhouse with Dining Rooms, a Long bar and ten beautiful, individual bedrooms and suites, this John Nash building captures the complete elegance of the Regency period serving modern British cuisine where the food is at its heart. Using produce from his favourite suppliers, Kim Woodward has created a menu which succeeds in being varied, season and uncomplicated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
York & Albany - Best restaurants in Camden Town ›
York & Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (145)fit for foodies (107)romance (99)sunday lunch (98)business meals (82)brunch (70)group bookings (55)outdoor eating (41)good vegetarian options (25)afternoon tea (24)child friendly (24)pre/post theatre (23)outstanding value (21)disabled access (15)Show More
- CharmingZantDined on 29/10/2014Excellent and charming restaurant.Excellent food for good prices, lovely ambient and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/10/2014Went for dinner mid week. Had a drink at the bar first which had a nice atmosphere, old world pub like. We ate on the ground floor which was ok, not great. We did take a look downstairs which seemed like it had a bit more atmosphere. Had the set menu which had good choice and dishes were good if not outstanding. Service was very good.Special Features:
- York & Albany - birthday suppereddieDined on 27/10/2014We visited as a party of 6 for an early supper to celebrate my son's 10th birthday. We were seated promptly and had a good meal - enjoyed by the children and adults alike. The staff made a fuss over my son and even did a birthday 'cake' (macaroon) with a candle for him - he was delighted. The only negatives were the (ultra) low lighting - we weren't the only table using our phones to read the menu! - and the fact that they didn't have a second bottle of our chosen wine in the fridge. Neither a huge deal but worth noting! Thanks for a really pleasant evening and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Useful in CamdenPerryDined on 27/10/2014Their service was slow but setting pleasant. Good to see how they have maintained food quality over time. The deal included prosecco but they still forgot to ask if we wanted it.Special Features:
- RGoldenthighsDined on 26/10/2014Feels like an average gastro-pub but over-priced. Nice decor but far too many diners squashed in too small a space. Very short menu. "Sunday roast" beef had been pre-cut and kept warm. Otherwise good bread and veg. Charming servers but took too long to take orders and food and beverage service slow, particularly as food-choices so limited.Special Features:
- York & Albany - fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014We had dinner here last week and it was really lovely - excellent service and excellent food. My husband is vegetarian and although there was only one veg option for each course, they were all delicious. The only thing i would say is that it is more like a restaurant than a pub but that's fine!
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014We were a little late going to our table but with all the empty spaces why were we seated by the toilets? The area under the stairs is less than desirable! Food was great but didn't really understand what the waiter was saying or asking us. However the food was great!Special Features:
- Great food, lacking in atmospherefoodloverDined on 24/10/2014We had the set menu for £24 with a glass of Prosecco. The food was brilliant, as were the wine/cocktails. However the room felt a bit impersonal, like a hotel restaurant. Didn't really feel like Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, just a good quality hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Substitutedskilos4Dined on 24/10/2014We booked for 8pm and opted for the set menu. There were 4 in the party however 2 of the main course selections had run out and had to be substituted with dishes that were not as interesting as the original.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food and poor serviceldnukfamilyDined on 24/10/2014Made the booking on OpenTable and confirmed for 3pm. In the notes we said we had a baby and there was four of us. Whilst we dealt with the complete with the complete incompetence of being put in a non-baby friendly room inside the hotel, our friends who were sitting at the table were told the kitchen is closing. On top of that, the table was only big enough for 3 people and the baby buggy would have been in the way. Ok so we sorted it out and the food itself was ok after and the service improved. In review, not exactly what you would expect from an expensive Gordon Ramsay affair. The staff in the hotel were rude and apparently disorganised. It amuses me Ramsay has a programme reviewing other hotels - maybe focus on your own first...
- Keep it simpleElatch63Dined on 23/10/2014Good when keeping it simple but less so when trying for clever. The restaurant is really not the strong point of the Y&A; it's bar is brighter and better. Restaurant cramped and with awful acoustics. But the service is friendly and efficient and the cocktails pretty good.Special Features:
- dinnerbucyshDined on 23/10/2014Everything was great, thank you! I suggest to try the chocolate tart.Special Features:
- guddDined on 22/10/2014I went with my boyfriend and we had amazing service from a waiter called George. if it wasn't for George I wouldn't have enjoyed my night as much. The ambience of the restaurant was great, and we had a romantic evening. I did not enjoy my main meal, and ended up leaving half of it. Considering the amount we paid for the meal, I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this to friends or family for food.Special Features:
- Delicious, charming and friendlyNJMBDined on 20/10/2014We fancied eating out and booked a table for two using a set menu offer - went on a Monday night and it was pleasantly busy but not packed or crowded. The food was delicious, the service friendly but not overbearing, and we especially appreciated that although we were ordering from a set menu our dietary request (if we might replace an alcohol-containing side dish with one which didn't contain alcohol) was met with an "of course, absolutely no problem". Lovely atmosphere, good for a date or to meet a friend in the evening. Price wise, I found the set menu offer (£24 for 3 course meal) and drinks very reasonable (can't speak for the alcoholic drinks), and looking at the regular menu even that didn't seem too expensive. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noto just GordonpattyDined on 18/10/2014Excellent food nice location very informal . A bit expensive considering it is not very central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cocktails indifferent foodVickyHDined on 18/10/2014Returned for dinner as our previous visit for drinks had been memorably good. However, food was at best indifferent - over ambitious for the level of skill demonstrated by the kitchen. Service was very good however.
- Nice food but too darkInchedarkDined on 17/10/2014We were placed in the corner which was candle lit, but several of us had to use our phone torch to actually read the menu. Food was great, just wished we could have seen itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four your 55th birthday , my loveAlanNico59Dined on 13/10/2014I brought my Tesorina to Gordon's restaurant for my 55th birthday. She was excited and very pleased about the restaurant and the food. A beautiful experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BreakfastPinkmitchDined on 13/10/2014We as a group of work colleagues, come here once a month for breakfast as a treat. It is expensive, but worth it! Service and food great!Special Features:
- lunchtimeEddieS2Dined on 7/10/2014The staff were wonderful, the service was great, the food was excellent. A great atmosphere and experience would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue. Food ok but overpricedJohnADined on 4/10/2014Nice venue, with comfortable ambience. Unfortunately we were kept waiting 45 minutes for a table despite a reservation. Staff were polite and apologetic throughout. Might be understandable, but still unacceptable, if the restaurant was full, but it wasn't. Cocktails at the bar whilst waiting were excellent., and bar staff were attentive and polite. The food was generally good, apart from a VERY chewy duck breast. The seared tuna starter was excellent, and if the rest of the food were of a similar standard I would definitely be raving about this restaurant. It's not that the restaurant is overly expensive, just overpriced for the standard of food offered.
- ExcellentjonnixDined on 3/10/2014Really enjoyed my visit to Y&A. My boss took me there to celebrate my work anniversary, the food was excellent and they even gave me some special celebratory macaroons!Special Features:
- bland pizza expressgrooveriderDined on 1/10/2014i've been fortunate to eat in a number of good restaurants and quite a few that are linked to Ramsay but this was by far the one i would least recommend, service and food were great but location and decor were way under par underlined by the fact that in the courtyard there was nothing but what looked like an old shed that the waitress told us was for hire for private functions !!! ... i'm no way a snob but this place was just bland and you can see why it's days are numbered there are better places to eat and nicer locations.Special Features:
- fabulous food, fabulous servicenicoleDined on 26/9/2014What a fantastic meal (and the drinks of course). The food was brilliantly cooked, our waitress (and the new manager) was super nice and the kitchen staff were even happy to pose for a snap. They sent us home full, happy and looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Fading away?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/9/2014This was once a special place with good, attentive service, great food from an interesting menu and a great ambience. This weekend's visit was very different with distinctly average service, food that was well presented but was small portions of average quality ingredients that weren't really very well cooked. It wasn't special, the attention to detail has slipped and overall it's poor value for money.
- Excellent locationrahoolDined on 14/9/2014Great ambience though our food was not great. However staff were friendly and quickly replaced the course.Special Features:
- DissapointingglenaramaDined on 13/9/2014Service was poor, especially the front bar where the tender was serving other people between getting our two drinks. Portions were on the small size and an 'optional' tip was added to our bill. I expected a lot better.
- RayMDined on 12/9/2014Great service and food was delicious but portions are small.Special Features:
- Excellent foodkatjoy21Dined on 11/9/2014Had really nice meal here with friends visiting from Australia. Starters and main courses delicious, desserts slightly disappointing. Great location and excellent ambience. Set menu is really good value for money.Special Features:
- Not again, for us at leastkoolhabsDined on 11/9/2014Food was rather salty, several course. Salmon arrived genuinely raw in parts, "we do it rare..." Room was dark, perhaps too much so. Competitively priced set menu, desserts were lovely. There was more than one veggie option, for our token vegetarian. Service was lovely, but sometimes we felt a bit lost in the dark. As I said before, not again, for us at least...
- lovely lunchstellaDined on 11/9/2014Gorgeous lunch at this wonderful atmospheric dining establishment. Charming staff, warm friendly and helpful, made us feel welcome and important to them. We had a tour of the venue and private dining room - plan to book a party there. Food great, delicious, fine quality. Enjoyed crisp, cold Pino Grigio.i really can't see why others found staff unfriendly, they are lovely. Polite, helpful and full of fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dinner in london!swedishfoodiesDined on 7/9/2014I must say that for a 3 course dinner for 2 it was amasing value. 126 pound for both of us is not a heavy price. The service was outstanding. I will come back here next time i visit london.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant findJSTSVIPDined on 7/9/2014This was the only Gordon Ramsay establishment we had not been to in London, so we though we would give it a try as we were going to be in the area. The food was a little underwhelming, but then with the Sunday menu, there was not as much choice as with the weekday menus. Both my husband and I found the food very highly seasoned. We love salt, but it may not be to everyone's palate. The staff were lovely though; professional, but very friendly and helpful. As this is close to Regents park and my husband and I like to go walking, we will be going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaPrimrosehopeDined on 6/9/2014Excellent pizza and atmosphere. Only negative was that a couple of the pizzas were 'white' pizzas (no tomato) and this wasn't very clear from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badbambamDined on 4/9/2014This is the second time I've been here over a long period. I personally found my initial visit better than the more recent. Being a typical foodie, going to a British restaurant doesn't really tickle the taste buds. I do wonder whether the restaurant is leaning too hard at the owners name rather than punch above its weight. The starter and main were okay, nothing really special. Would you expect more from a Ramsey menu? The dessert didn't seem to taste as expected, however the waiter was kind enough to remove that cost from the bill. Not sure I'd pay them another visit, especially with so much on offer in London.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Sunday GrubchazzVIPDined on 31/8/2014This is our local for Sunday dinner, very tasty food, presented superbly. The Staff are always fantastically friendly. We got fig salad ad parfait to begin, then followed by roast beef and seabass. Cooked to perfection. Compliments to the chef as always. Will be returning again next week likely. :) THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Nice and friendly welcome at the door. Food was really good. Atmosphere would have been better I think if the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- OutstandingDanielleSmalleyDined on 25/8/2014We came here for my partners 21st birthday .. Staff are so polite, friendly and helpful and the food is exquisite! Highly recommenedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little light for BrunchdominicDined on 25/8/2014A lovely setting and perfectly located for moving on to a day day in Camden or Regents Park. I had been told that the food here was excellent, and although for the most part it was the breakfast selection wasn't quite right for a bank holiday brunch. The Eggs Benedict were a little over done and the quantity on pancakes (in particular the limited amount of banana) was rather disappointing. All in all we had a nice breakfast, but considering the additional cost didn't feel that we received much more for our money than had we gone to one of the many small boutique cafes nearby.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodGainrobDined on 24/8/2014Pre-booked lunch at 1130 but didn't realise lunch doesn't start until 1200. Staff were very attentive, made us comfortable and fit us drinks while we waited. Once seated, service was really good and staff knew their drink and food menus well, recommending the right choices for us. Both our meals were fabulous (mains and desserts) and we'd definitely return! Pat in the back to Gordon's staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.