187 Stoke Newington High St.
London, N16 0LHNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yumyum.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072546751
- Hours of Operation:
Weekday Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 3:00PM, Weekend Lunch: Saturday - Sunday 12:00PM - 05:45PM, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00PM - 10:30PM, Dinner: Friday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off site catering for any size function.
- Private Party Facilities: We can cater for meetings and birthdays. Private dining available on request.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, D.J.
A word from Yum Yum
YumYum is an award winning Thai restaurant based in beautifully designed new premises in a grade 2 listed building. Our extensive menu is strictly classical Thai and we have won numerous awards for our food. Aside from that we have deliciously decadent desserts with a Thai twist and an exceptional cocktail list including alcoholic ice teas. You can enjoy all of this at lunchtimes or in the evenings and all day at the weekend in our 200 seat restaurant which features a wooden Thai house, a sunken seating area, a dining room, a lounge bar. Al fresco dining in the garden is also available during the warmer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Yum Yum - Best restaurants in Stoke Newington ›
Yum Yum reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (66)group bookings (62)romance (55)fit for foodies (38)good vegetarian options (31)business meals (24)child friendly (22)outstanding value (19)sunday lunch (19)outdoor eating (16)brunch (7)pre/post theatre (7)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/9/2014Absolutely outstanding food, great selection of fresh and yummy dishes. The staff in Yum Yums are friendly and professional. They really look after you. Best Thai Restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceLovedining1Dined on 7/9/2014Great food, atmosphere and price with toptable deal. But service lacked!! Very rude waiter who was unfriendly, spoke bluntly as was not welcoming at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedAngeDined on 22/8/2014Read mixed reviews, but after going I am extremely impressed. Food was wonderful and the restaurant itself is beautiful. It's a shame that the service charge isn't optionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Fantastic selection..excellent food great staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum Stoke NewingtoncustomerDined on 29/7/2014A fantastic atmosphere to enjoy your meal.Buzzing but not too noisy. The starters are enough to keep you going, Anything that was fried was crisp, hot but not oily.Duck spring rolls are epic.Soups are hot and spicy, just as they should be and the stir fried vegetables are beautiful. Do eat here you will enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Yum Yum Yummy!!!MopatsDined on 11/7/2014As always the food is delicious at Yum Yum. We have dined many times. Great place to entertain. It is a MUST to try their Cocktails.Special Features:
- Yummy yum yumsjacksDined on 3/7/2014Consistently good and great value with Opentable offer. The staff are welcoming and give great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely ThaiThompsonTwinsDined on 2/7/2014Good food, good service , nice people! The restaurant has a great atmosphere and offers a wide selection of Thai dishes, We were lucky to get the happy hour on cocktails as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSarah1stevensDined on 24/6/2014Yum Yum's never fails. The food is excellent, with plenty of selection although they have now restricted the menu slightly for toptable guests however there is still alot of choice and you can go for the other options but you dont get the discount. The service is excellent. The restaurant is getting very popular and due to busyness, can get quite loud so dont expect a tranquil quiet meal but its great as the place has a nice buzz to it.Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere, food OKLovemyfoodDined on 21/6/2014Sat outside on the front terrace which had a lovely atmosphere and feels a world away from where it actually is. However the service was a bit slow and the staff had forgotton to bring the main courses and after waiting patiently we had to chase the waiter who had no idea we had food coming. Furthermore, the tofu in our curry had a very sour taste and had obviously gone off (I cook a lot of fresh tofu at home so I know the difference in taste) but the waiter seemed to think that that is how tofu tastes. The satay chicken was dry and over cooked but there were a few dishes worth the wait (lamb massaman was very good) but overall I was sadly disappointed. Given the pricey dishes I didn't think it was worth it and will not be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff are great with kidsLuvFoodDined on 15/6/2014We've been going for years. We love the food, the atmosphere and they go the extra mile, caring for our kids and making us feel welcome. The long serving staff even remember our kids names!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum YumJuju2013Dined on 14/6/2014Lovely meal, fantastic staff - not too interfering but didnt let anything stay hanging around on the table, buzzing atmosphere. But quite expensive £70 for two peopleSpecial Features:
- Saturday brunch with the girlsSnoozerDined on 14/6/2014Having heard about Yum Yums over the years I finally got to visit for Saturday lunch with the girls. The food was spot on, unfortunately we didn't get the 30% discount as it was a Saturday. Service was great we wasn't rushed at all managed to waste away three hours over yummy cocktails and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy yum yumCharCharDined on 10/6/2014This place never fails to impress me the food is amazing, the duck spring rolls are excellent! The award winning Kang Massuman curry is Devine!! There are so many dishes I could recommend,but I would say try for yourself. The cocktail is lovely, and always accommodate your needs. Yum yum is the jewel of hackney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmmmmmmmDined on 10/6/2014Lovely atmosphere, great service and a good meal last Tuesday. Effortless to pick a good dish.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This is one of the best Thai restaurants around. I travelled from Bickley in Kent to eat here. The range is amazing and everything is so delicious there are no duds on the menu. The only thing I'd say is that I am left 'comatose' afterwards because I always eat too much. Yum yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2014I went to yum yum with 2 friends for a Sunday dinner and I thought it was lovely. The food service was quite quick and the atomsphere was great for three friends talking and enjoying some food. The portion sizes were good and using the toptable discount made it all cheaper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great atmosphereShortyBDined on 28/5/2014The staff were attentive and knew the menu very well. They were able to make suggestions and also accommodate their menu. I wanted a noodle soup prawns as opposed to chicken - rather than say no, they checked with the Chef and voila - I had my prawn noodle soup. Cocktails were fantastic and the wine selection was fab. Overall, my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our night !!Special Features:
- Cazzacaz15Dined on 27/5/2014Service and quality of food is top class - never fails and I have been a number of times. Would highly recommend. They is even 2 4 1 cocktails which are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful and stylish spaceRichDined on 9/5/2014Yum Yum's is a beautiful and stylish space, decorated with exotic flowers and goldfish. Its the sort of place where you might want to dress up and have a cocktail before dining, and luckily they have a good range. I had an intense "Thai silk", my wife had a long fruity rum based thing which went down well too. The food is good, not too expensive, nothing terrific mind. Good standard thai fare, not too spicy. So its a good place to impress the in-laws perhaps, but maybe not the girlfriend, its too spacious, in no way intimate. Its good for children too, they don't mind kids wandering around, and they were kid enough to do a bowl of plain noodles for our fussiest.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureLollyDined on 25/4/2014Always a pleasure eating at yum yum's, bar waiter even made us a special cocktail which was delicousSpecial Features:
- Absolutely loved itShaniDined on 17/4/2014If you like Thai food then this is the place for you. Everything from the food to the setting of the place was very nice. The food is not expensive and the drinks are reasonably priced as well. I think from 5pm to 7pm is happy hour so you get 2 4 1 cocktails. You can also choose to have drinks before you start ordering food at the front of the restaurant. I had prawn dumplings for starters and pad thai noodles for my main which was very nice. The service was fast considering it how busy it got. I don't have a bad word to say about this place. If you want to have a romantic meal or or have a birthday meal there, then it's the place for you. Try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as usual.MrPierreDined on 11/4/2014Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best Thai restaurant in London: fantastic decor, sublime authentic food, fully-satisfying portion sizes, decent prizes, great cocktails. Once tried, forever adopted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All show and no substanceAno0nDined on 5/4/2014Lovely chic interior but very bland food, which is something to say for something coming out of Thailand! I would not go again as I love Thai food and this was the least interesting I have ever had- not worth the money, which is a shame as the decor is beautiful.Special Features:
- tastyAppetite1Dined on 1/4/2014Quite expensive if not a OT deal, Staff usually friendly. Half price cocktails before 7.30 are a no brainer if you can make it.....Special Features:
- Great foodMrsSilveraDined on 30/3/2014YumYums always delivers great food, great cocktails and great service. I have never had a bad meal and always return. Great value especially if you can get a special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai food and lovely ambianceCanCan1234Dined on 23/3/2014We have been going to Yum Yum for a few years now on and off as its the first place we think of when we want to go out and eat a Thai meal. Its always been a special treat to go and eat there. We have found the food consistently good and the service is warm and friendly. Its a lovely Thai Oasis, in the middle of dreary Stoke Newington and has definitely earned its place as a family favourite.Special Features:
- Saturday evening biteDallCorpDined on 22/3/2014Went back to yum yum for an early evening meal with the family, great atmosphere as usual, shame food is just 'OK'Special Features:
- poor service, OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 16/3/2014Food is OK - not amazingly good value and the staff are very slow
- Yum Yum keep changing theRussellDined on 16/3/2014Yum Yum keep changing the Toptable offer that it is no longer worth it. Previously 50% off offers allowed most seafood items. This has now changed. No Seafood items are allowed on the offer. And given the service charge is calculated on the gross amount its not even 30% off. Despite being not very full we were given a poor table in the corner. The wine wasn't chilled properly and the food was very perfunctory and overpriced. We've been coming here regularly for over 20 years on the basis of very pleasant decor and good food at a reasonable price but we won't be rushing back after this experience. Standards in London have improved over the last 20 years and It seems that Yum Yum is now trading on its reputation.
- Not very YumLuvfoodDined on 15/3/2014This restaurant has seriously gone downhill. Service was friendly and attentive, however the food was very poor. We ordered a mixed starter and the sauce arrived with a film of skin on two of them as if it had been sitting there for weeks. Seabass was disappointing, drenched in sauce! Noodles were less than average however the duck was nice. Overall a badly overpriced experience where the food quality does not even match the local takeaway! We will not be eating here again unless standards improve.
- Never AgainDonMarioDined on 8/3/2014My booking was on a Saturday evening. It was busy but the bar was Inadequately staffed. The barman failed to acknowledge our presence and subsequently served another patron. Our table was late. service was slow but 'smiley'. The drinks arrived at the 3rd attempt. The mains took even longer. I will not be coming back to this restaurant. Yum Yum's is popular, which is why it was so packed. Then again, one could argue that the Victoria Line is popular because it is always packed. Similarly, like the tubes on Victoria Line I was much happier when I arrived than when I departed...
- All round greatnessHollyADined on 2/3/2014We had a thoroughly good meal and experience - they were helpful and accommodating and we left feeling full and satisfied - would highly recommend the duck with crab meat and the coconut riceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its all goodBeebeeDined on 22/2/2014Came here for my 22nd birthday, managed to make a booking literally the day before for 13 people on Saturday! So that worked out pretty well. The food & flavor's were great and the cocktails too..... and they gave me a little happy birthday cocktail thing which was sweet.Special Features:
- Yummysk22Dined on 21/2/2014Food quality and taste is very good. I love the papaya salad for starters. A bit expensive for the area but still worth a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood LoverPopsDined on 20/2/2014I am a fan of the seafood platter, my favourite being the fish cakes prawn toast followed by the the huge shrimp on the stick! Slightly disappointing that the mussels and scallops are no longer dipped in batter but is now encased in a dumpling like coating - resulting in bigger nibbles but less seafood!Special Features:
- Very tastey food with professionalSammyj83Dined on 18/2/2014Very tastey food with professional service in a lovely setting xxxI would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant! TheLouiseHelenDined on 17/2/2014I love this restaurant! The food is delicious (as are the cocktails) and the interior design is authentic and unusual. I would definitely recommend Yum Yums for a special Thai meal.Special Features:
- Going into the restaurant,EatoutalotVIPDined on 16/2/2014Going into the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised how large it was and greeted by front of house to seat before our table was ready. We noticed a long bar with lounge area which was very nice with suitable modern music playing in the background. The food choices were vast, for starters we had chicken satay - bland chicken on skewers but a with tasty peanut sauce to dip and a Som Tam (papaya salad), moreish though very spicy. For mains we ordered a Thai red crab curry - that was delicious, and coconut rice; the perfect accompaniment in a wooden pot and ordered a chilli squid with vegetable dish. For dessert I recommend coconut ice cream! That made it. My partner had lemongrass crème brulee which was okay. The cocktails/mocktails fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed about the serviceNyamDined on 13/2/2014Service was poor. The glass had salt at the bottom. Menu was dirty and they gave me red wine when I asked for a white wine. My food was nice. My friends food not so great, but to be fair she tried something new and didn't overly like the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.