29-31 Montpelier Vale
London, SE3 0TJNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zerodegrees.co.uk/
- Phone: 02088525619x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 5:00PM;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00PM - 11:30PM.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brewery, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from ZERODEGREES Blackheath
ZERODEGREES is a pioneering drinking and dining concept at the forefront of the emerging trend towards fresh, handcrafted beers brewed by microbreweries. Our Mission is to provide a definitive theatre-style dining and drinking experience, using only the freshest ingredients to create inspiring gourmet dishes and exceptional freshly brewed beers. You will really get a sense of the processes at work around you, as the sights, sounds and smells of the working brewery and the busy kitchens, with its traditional wood-fire pizza oven, are open to view. ZERODEGREES redefines the traditional concept of pizza by translating UK"s favourite International flavours and tastes on to a gourmet pizza. Not limiting our menu to just pizza, we create innovative selection of pasta, salads, mussels and to die for desserts. From the Cajun King Prawn Salad to BBQ chicken pizza to Kilo pots of mussels in Champagne and smoked salmon, our constant commitment is to deliver a fresh new dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ZERODEGREES Blackheath reviews from OpenTable diners
- DissapointedAnetDined on 16/7/2013I wouldn't recommend this place as myself and my husband felt really bad after having unfresh musselsSpecial Features:
- Lunch on the HeathJane2eatDined on 16/6/2013We were greeted in a very friendly manner by the manager. We asked if we could sit here, here or here, pointing to different places and were told we could sit where we liked. The food was perfect, both the first and second courses, with cheese as the third course, which we all shared. After paying the bill, the manager came to tell us that we had been charged twice for the service charge and refunded us without a second word! I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Blackheath and will, without a doubt, visit it again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure, as alwaysKD83Dined on 15/6/2013Having defined here before with friends, my girlfriend & I decided to have a meal for two on a Saturday night and we weren't disappointed. The food is great, service always quick & friendly and the atmosphere is cosy yet lively, and unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little bit noisy on weekendshazeDined on 20/4/2013a little bit noisy on weekends inside :-), but very nice locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuldredgieDined on 20/4/2013Excellent experience from the greeting on arrival to the thanks from the staff as we left. Will certainally dine again whwn in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bad place for a group outingTyketenDined on 28/3/2013This place is more of a pub that serves some Italian dishes rather than a good old cosy Italian restaurant. The microbrewery attracts quite a noisy crowd and the tables create a huge distance so if you're looking for a quiet cosy place for a romantic dinner, this isn't a good choice. Food is really nice though and service was fairly prompt. Not a huge choice of Italian dishes though so was bit disappointed on that score. I will go back there with a group of friends for beer and pizza as the atmosphere is ideal for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get a penxxxxxxxx4Dined on 22/3/2013The waiter tried to remember our order and got it wrong. How basic is that? Overall the food was good though the chips tasted like cardboard
- Mothers Day LunchHutch07Dined on 10/3/2013Needed a child friendly, lively venue to take the family for a Mothers Day treat. ZeroDegrees fits the bill nicely. God selection on the menu meant none of the usual 'there's nothing i like' from the little people and the ambiance and general buzz in the place meant good times were had by all. The staff were friendly and attentive (even after pouring an entire bottle of red down their trousers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively venue, lovely staff.LoveLondonDiningDined on 8/3/2013This is a lively venue with bar, quite loud music and some big tables for groups. You can see the chefs working which I like as then they are part of the scene and are included. The food is pasta, mussels, pizza, that sort of thing but tasty and service was prompt and friendly on a busy Friday night. We sat upstairs and the staircase was quite steep. The loos are also up a steep flight of stairs. We were a family of five and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's quite a cool lookingJimboDined on 2/3/2013It's quite a cool looking restaurant but I think the 3 out of 5 ratings I saw sums it up quite well. The food is decent enough without really impressing, but I was a little disappointed with the choice of wine, mainly because I like Pinot Noir that I didn't see and the replacement wasn't up to much. It feels like a good date night place with the bar atmosphere, just don't go expecting to love the foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitTheBeerDetectiveDined on 24/2/2013Chose this place as it was not far from the O2 arena and a bit different from the usual - and brews it's own beers on site! The beer was excellent (especially the black lager and wheat beer) and the menu had pizzas, pasta dishes, mussels, and bangers and mash - all for around a tenner! The food was as good as the beer - fresh as you can get, with some unique flavour combinations, and good portions. Staff were great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ignored / bad serviceTablefor3Dined on 23/2/2013We had a very disappointing eve on 23 Feb. We’d pre-booked for 3 to arrive & be ignored for circa 10mins. We waited to be seated, as waiters came and went –NO acknowledgement or utterings of 'sorry, I'll be with you in a moment'. The usual 'frontman' wasn't there and it showed. We got a waiters attention and he said nothing & got the (we assume) manager from behind the bar who unceremoniously took us to our table. Our waitress redeemed the service slightly, however by this stage damage had been done and it actually ruined our night. Rude staff & a lack of atmosphere shorten our evening. Furthermore, we could have done without Casualty being aired on a huge screen while eating our dinner! If I hadn’t been before, I wouldn’t be going back!
- Nice food, mixes ambianceWoutDined on 15/2/2013The food is lovely, but the atmosphere is more like a bar / nightclub than a restaurant when we were there (Friday at 7pm). Music is loud, two floors with big open spaces and large tables which made us sit too much away from each other for a chat. More suitable for groups or after work drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSikk99Dined on 14/2/2013We went for Valentine's Day and there was a misunderstanding with our orders, but the staff took really good care of us and we had a great night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern settingslips65nlDined on 14/2/2013Simply a good place to eat and drink in a pleasant surrounding for all. Additionally, the micro brewery offers a change from the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizza and beerfredDined on 10/2/2013the pizza and beer were extremely good. it was a cold day and it was pretty cold inside too. best to come in summer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy funpgeatsDined on 2/2/2013Decent starters, great Pizzas and fantastic beers from the microbrewery meant this was a fun meal out. The only downside was the pub/restaurant mix meant it was extremely noisy on the Saturday night we went there.Special Features:
- Girls outtingMandDined on 26/1/2013Zerodegrees has great ambience for fun nights out. It is always really busy and buzzing. I had bangers and mash and it was really big and very tasty! It was a great atmosphere for a group of friends. They didn't have two wines on their menu and they were the best two. I ended up with a not very nice pinot grigio as a result. They need to sort that out! Great value and staff are friendly, although my waitress forgot to bring me a new napkin three times after asking her!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve delight!LisalouDined on 31/12/2012I have been to Zerodegrees many times, however, never on a New Year's Eve so we thought we would try it.. It was a set menu, although you had a choice out of 3 things and it included a glass of champagne. Let me just say the waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable and the food was excellent, especially the desserts. The only thing I would say is that the only time I could get the table for was 7:45 pm and there were only a few tables full at that time so there wasn't really much of an atmosphere, I am sure if we decided to say until mid-night the place would have been buzzing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHillPointDined on 30/12/2012The food and the service were both clear highlights. We had some of the best pizza we've ever tasted, with the menu's creativity being a big plus point (we heartily recommend the Peking duck pizza!) The staff were very friendly and polite, and service was quick. We liked the venue - the modern, industrial feel is a change from many Greenwich/Blackheath restaurants. Our only significant criticism would be that the restaurant was far too cold - that a number of diners were sitting in anoraks should have been a warning sign! It was the first week of January and the cavernous layout of the restaurant probably makes it hard to heat, but all the same this was a disappointment. We will certainly go again, but perhaps not until the spring!I would recommend this to a friend.
- RubbishBigsamDined on 27/12/2012Didn't even sit down, made a booking turned up early to a not very busy restaurant and waited over 5 minutes to be seated but didn't see a member of staff. Left because if it would have taken so long to get seated, how long would it take when sat waiting at the table? Been there in the past and it's nothing to write home about, waste of a micro brewery.
- Lovely Xmas mealSELondonDinerDined on 10/12/2012Me and 3 friends went here for our xmas meal. We all had lovely meals and no complaints with any of the food or service. One of the heaters wasn't working however the problem was quickly dealt with by the manager. We shall definately be coming back again in the New Year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outclonk0506Dined on 17/11/2012Service was a little iffy to start with but that can happen in any restaurant on a busy night and they more than made up for it with a good attitude and a free round of drinks! I brought a couple of girlfriends out for dinner and they we were all really impressed with the range of the menu and the quality of the food. Overall a really enjoyable experience and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressedunimpressedDined on 12/11/2012Needs a rethink. Not a welcoming experience, but not the fault of the staff
- Firework NightNickDined on 3/11/2012Possibly the busiest night of the year in Blackheath, and Zerodegrees hit full capacity (unsurprisingly.) My wife and I were lucky enough to secure one of the last online table booking slots for a very late meal. The ambience while we were waiting was great as ever, and the food was perfect as ever, with service operating as if it were a regular evening. Well done Zerodegrees, again! Still our favourite place for an evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping on top of the gamefiredevilVIPDined on 2/11/2012As a local to this restaurant I have visited many, many times since it opened in 2000. The food is always very good and the beer and wine choice excellent. What has always been hit or miss is the service. Unfortunately for us this time we had very poor waiting service, slow drinks orders and lack of attention or rapport. On a night where the restaurant was very busy there seemed to be 2 or 3 "managers" swanning around doing very little other than meet and greet people. A restaurant manager who can't roll up his sleeves, take some orders and wait tables during busy periods is utterly useless in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valueanonymousDined on 19/10/2012It was a Friday evening so as always busy. Good choice of pizza or mussels. Little bit on the dark side but the food as always was good. Huge mussels, tasty and quite speedy, all reasonably priced.Special Features:
- GLORIOUS FOODsuz1VIPDined on 9/10/2012It is amazing food, especially DUCK pizza! All pizzas are cooked in the clay ovens The service wasn't good but we were informed this was due to new waiting staff, but this is no excuseSpecial Features:
- Only one thing I did not likesecurityguyDined on 6/10/2012Only one thing I did not like a that was noise. That is pub and not restaurant like you maybe expecting. Otherwise is everything OK. Food, servise, prices are good. Definitelly will recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but loudkrichDined on 29/9/2012Dont go here on a Saturday night unless you want a loud pub style night out. Food is nice but service wasn't great and too loud to hear people talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some tweakingElliotDined on 28/9/2012The food was good and the drinks had plenty of good options, however there is little space and the service was pretty confused.
- ZerodegreesdlipnfDined on 31/8/2012Food was great and pretty quick but service was quite unorganised and chaotic, we had to ask for basic things like extra cutlery and menus.Special Features:
- Food great - service.. not so much!Laura16Dined on 30/8/2012We arrived for our meal for 2 we were early & so went to the quiet bar for a drink – we ordered 2 cocktails & these took 15mins to be made! When we were seated and had looked at the varied menu we finally ordered as it is a micro-brewery my partner decided to try half a pint of one of the beers, this never arrived. The food was delicious and the portions are big! So much so we had to take virtually a whole starter & main course home! When we finished our mains & these were cleared (With no haste) – we then waited 40 minutes, before managing to order a coffee. I would recommend a visit to ZeroDegrees for good food but go with the idea in mind that it won’t be a quick meal and attentive waitresses certainly aren’t their forte!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food shame about the servicesl110Dined on 29/8/2012Good food at reasonable prices but unfortunately the lack of good service let the restaurant down. Service was initially quite quick but we waited approx half an hour to have plates taken away and to be asked if we required deserts. Only 2 waitresses to serve a full restaurant meant that staff seemed stressed and one waitress appeared to be very inexperienced, not asking whether deserts were required hot or cold or with cream or ice cream. Subsequently we were charged incorrectly. We have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions previously as it is a favourite place to eat and not experienced any problems before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for informal lunchAnonDined on 18/8/2012Always reliable, friendly service; child friendly and spacious enough to allow for prams...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was quite good...CasualDinerDined on 11/8/2012We booked a table for 4 at 2.30pm on a Saturday and when we arrived the place was pretty quiet. We saw all the reviews criticising the poor service but for us it was pretty good. We were seated promptly and the drinks and food arrived quickly. The choice of food was good and got a thumbs up from all of our party for taste, quality and quantity of food (we had the pizzas and mussels). The only disappointing thing was that they didn't have any of the fruit beers we were looking forward to trying from their microbrewery. Would definitely go back again for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERBsuz1VIPDined on 5/8/2012Great food and all cooked to order; you can see the chefs cookingSpecial Features:
- 1st timeNingNing26Dined on 4/8/2012We finally decided to hv dinner here hving lived in d area for many yrs! It sure was a gd experience & will b going back again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very child friendlyInvicta356Dined on 4/8/2012I booked a table for my baby's christening and although the food was OK the service wasn't great. We had to wait around 10 min after we arrived for someone to take our drinks order. Same happened with the food, also I notified I was coming with a baby and although they provided a child's seat the waitress didn't allow me to bring the pram for my baby's nap. The tables are too close to each other and that wasn't great. At the end we manage to bring it folded and make some space for it. I wouldn't recomend it for family lunch.Special Features:
- The menu is great at ZeroLottieDined on 17/7/2012The menu is great at Zero Degrees and the quality of food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.