6 Hans Road
London, SW3 1RXNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ziateresa.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075897634
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sat: 12:00pm-17:00pm, 17:30pm-22:30pm Sun: 12:30pm-18:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Zia Teresa
Zia Teresa, The Independent's "Best Neighbourhood Restaurant" for "serving hit-the-spot, reliable Italian food," is the quintessential neighbourhood Italian restaurant nestled right in the chic heart of Knightsbridge. For a genuine authentic Italian dining experience, Zia Teresa, ideally located in Hans Road across from Harrods serves seasonal and regional dishes ranging from traditional homemade pasta such as Fettucine del dia with creamy truffle sauce, local seafood recipes Gamberoni al Guazzetto, healthy fresh fish courses to Italian classics from Scaloppa alla Milanese, Risotto Al Funghi Porcini or a Fritto Misto. And there’s some excellent and good value Italian wines and prosecco cocktails to accompany your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zia Teresa reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since 6 May 2014
pre/post theatre (6)business meals (4)child friendly (4)group bookings (4)outstanding value (4)brunch (3)sunday lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)romance (2)special occasions (2)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- What Happened this time?MelleMelVIPDined on 8/4/2014Usually alwasy have a fantastic time at Zia Teresa, however this time the service was terrible, the waitress knew nothing about the menu or much of anything, and the bathrooms were truly filthy! Hopefully a one off!
- Interesting..HungryHippoDined on 8/3/2014Too much to mention in one review, so in short it is as follows: took a long time to be seated, stood waiting for quite a while, in the end hung our own coats up and took our seats. Mains were okay, however not all prices seemed reasonable, portion sizes between plates was imbalanced, I finished my meal before my friends were even half way through theirs. Ordered drinks afterwards which didn't come, asked again and when they finally arrived they were wrong, to which the waiter argued it was correct, he then reluctantly took them away and then agreed they were not correct. Maitre d' saved the experience from being an utter disaster by giving us a free round of drinks with our bill. Overall, 6/10, would have been 4/10 but for the maitre d'.
- disappointingfoodie87Dined on 14/2/2014We chose this restaurant as the website stated that valentines diners received a free cocktail so we felt we were getting something extra than the many other italian restaurants were offering. Reviews also stated that it was a reliable italian restaurant with fresh ingredients. However, when we arrived we asked about the cocktail only to be told it was £ 19 each for a glass. The food was awful my partner had chicken that was watery and had no flavour. I had an over microwaved lasagne that was brown in colour had no sauce and the meat tasted cheap. We expected good things from this restaurant just across the road from harrods but could not have been more disappointed with our valentines dinner. We will not return!
- Great scaloppine but poor pastaChKsDined on 23/12/2013Had great Scalopine Milanese, but the bolognese was a disgrace for an Italan restaurant. Hard, dry sauce, lifeless dish which tasted like was out of the microwave. Overpriced.
- Ladies LunchCeh23Dined on 23/12/2013My girlfriends and I have a wonderful lunch at Zia Teresa. We all had the set menu which was 2 courses for £14.95 this worked perfectly for us. The salmon starter although far to cold was still tasty and the truffle ravioli was delicious. This restaurant has been a staple lunch spot for us when shopping at Harrods for christmas and has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,good wine,good peopleAlanHinSADined on 14/12/2013An enjoyable evening with good food and wine at a reasonable price. Found the room to be a bit stuffy but then we were seated next to the kitchen. Impressively we were a group of ten and all the food arrived together and hot! That alone commends the restaurant. Finally service was really good, nothing too much trouble for the staff who were also not afraid to recommend. Will I go back again? Definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza the actionMuncherDined on 6/12/2013We ate at the restaurant after a long day shopping. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. We were unsure of what pizza to order so he brought out a slice of the beef for us to try before making our minds up. One had the beef pizza and the other the four seasons. The beef pizza was really nice but the four seasons not so much. We were going to order dessert but a large family with babies sat next to us (well gone 10pm on a Saturday?) and it got loud so we didn't bother. We would return for a decent pizza but would not have the four seasons again. We had a carafe of red and the bill came to £41 including service. We would have tipped but don't like the automatic addition most places do now. Overall it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Always brilliantMelleMelVIPDined on 30/11/2013A wonderful Italian - far for me to get to, but worth it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian & GF itemsVincenzzaDined on 7/11/2013A place that not only offers gluten free pasta, but manages to cook it al dente? I'm in heaven only issue is that sometimes the restaurant gets a bit warm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & LocationDiningKingVIPDined on 30/9/2013We went Zia Teresa after struggling to find any restaurant that really intrigued us... It didn't disappoint. The service was good as was the food. It's in a great location - next to Harrods and so we were surprised it wasn't expensive, in fact the the prices were great.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Zia Teresa reviews archive.
- Zia Teresa ho-humkatmckenneyVIPDined on 3/8/2013I was disappointed to learn that Zia Teresa had stopped making gluten-free pizza. So instead I had a mozzarella, tomato, and avocado salad. My husband had a steak. All of the food was fine but nothing spectacular. Considering the prices (due to proximity to Selfridges) I'm not sure I'll be back.
- Good FeedcolskiDined on 27/6/2013Had a great time with friends at Zia Teresa. Found was tasty plus generous in portions and service was good as well, so will definitely go back for seconds and thirds.Special Features:
- Zia Teresa Italian KnightsbridgeReviewer1VIPDined on 19/5/2013Zia Teresa Italian Knightsbridge good for a quick meal at reasonable prices next to HarrodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in Londondmo817Dined on 3/4/2013My family of 5 really enjoyed our meal at Zia Teresa's as soon as we walked in the door. We were greeted with a lovely "Buona sera" when we walked in - music to our ears, as we are Americans that were really missing our trip to Italy! The food was all delicious, fresh tasting, and was presented beautifully. We felt the value was great, considering the pricey location that the restaurant is in, and the fact that we all enjoyed our meal. The service was excellent, until the very end when we wanted to get the bill. Our waitress was nowhere to be found! After about 15 minutes of searching for her and trying to get others' attention, we finally got the bill. Get the burrata and mushroom risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zia Teresa Italian near HarrodsReviewer1VIPDined on 20/2/2013Zia Teresa Italian near Harrods always reliable good value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zia Teresa Italian near HarrodsReviewer1VIPDined on 19/2/2013Zia Teresa Italian near Harrods excellent house pasta speciality, good value wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zia Teresa is gluten-free heavenkatmckenneyVIPDined on 16/2/2013Gluten-free pizza! Gluten-free pasta! I have died and gone to gluten-free heaven. A bit overpriced for what it is (£120 all in for 2 people on a saturday night with no alcohol) but that's Knightsbridge. Food and service were good. Decor a bit questionable. But will be back for more gluten-free delights in future.Special Features:
- Italian FoodBonnieDined on 18/1/2013Very poor standard of Italian food. My Frito Misto was greasy and not at all crispy. The Lasagna looked tired. We will not be returning.
- Zia Teresa Italian near HarrodsReviewer1VIPDined on 12/1/2013Zia Teresa Italian near Harrods, great for a quick bite mid-shop, decent reliable qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Zia TeresamikecDined on 4/1/2013Four of us went to the restaurant for lunch. It was full of a mix of people; business people, tourists, families, locals. However, the service was friendly and as fast as we needed.The restaurant is extremely handy for shopping at Harrods. We all chose something different and all plates were cleared for two courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zia Teresa Italian next to HarrodsReviewer1VIPDined on 3/1/2013Zia Teresa Italian next to Harrods, quick & decent food, perfect for a break from shoppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and reasonablyLondonerDined on 23/11/2012Great food and reasonably priced given some of the options in the area. There were 4 people in our group and everyone enjoyed the food!
- Is Becoming A Firm Favorite !FrogkebabDined on 24/6/2012I am frequently dragged around Harrods by my wife and I am glad to say that when we tumbled out the door and found Zia Teresa it was a huge relief. I am now content to suffer the hours of shopping knowing that an excellent meal, with excellent service and great ambience awaits us. If you are in the area you should certainly visit this restaurant. I cannot recommend it enough.Special Features:
- Italian near harrodsDstopDined on 23/6/2012Food not as good as used to be. There isn't a crowd waiting event though it's harrods sale Will eat the Italian at harrods if there is not such a long queueSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Zia TeresaHi1FoodieDined on 9/6/2012Lovely restaurant to step into and just across the street from Harrods what more could you ask! Totally Italian and friendly staff some of whom have been there for years. We have been going there for a very long time but sadly the menu choice has become a bit "International". Reduced choice on their home made pasta dishes, didn't see their canelloni listed. The mixed vegetables were dire but having said that the Veal Scallopini and Chichen Breast with Fontina cheese/herbs were excellent. Wine very reasonable, good choice of Italian wines and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zia TeresaFoodloverDined on 13/5/2012The restaurant reminds me of an authentic italian kitchen. The pasta dishes were delicious. The food is just presented on a plate with no thought to presentation. Portions come across as small - but probably better for keeping a slimmer waist line. The restaurant was busy for a Sunday lunch.
- Zia Teresa had an atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2012Zia Teresa had an atmosphere which really reminded us of Italian restaurants we have visited on holiday. The service was similar too - a bit hit and miss, really quick at times but a bit odd at others. However, you could certainly have an express lunch here quite quickly. Prices for dinner were steep but in line with this part of London, and it looks like they have special offers at lunchtime. Servings were generous.
- Zia Teresa, opposite Harrods. Spleluv2dineDined on 28/4/2012Zia Teresa, opposite Harrods. Splendid as always!
- Zia Teresa in London has beengastrozachDined on 22/4/2012Zia Teresa in London has been going 55 years. The fried squid came in a light, almost tempura like, batter and went well with a creamy tartare sauce. The zia pasta marries a dark truffle paste with slightly astringent red chicory leaves in a creamy sauce. Wines include a Sicilian sauvignon and some from the Molise area.
- Ok ItalianBabylonDined on 15/4/2012I only go when shopping at Hrrod's. Food is ok especially the flavoured truffle dishes but it can get quite busy
- We went for dinner to ZiaSlothiVIPDined on 14/4/2012We went for dinner to Zia Teresa on a Saturday night. It seems the place is more a tourist spot as it is next to Harrods. Food was good, but service was a bit abrupt and everything came a bit too quick and hasty for my liking. The place feels also a bit stiff and outdated - there are far better options in the area.
- Really busy on Easter MondayS1274Dined on 9/4/2012Really busy on Easter Monday and service was slow, but the food and professionalism of the maitre'di was very good. we redeemed some points and the 3 course menu was very good. We'd like to go back when less busy.
- Zia Teresa in KnightsbridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2012Zia Teresa in Knightsbridge is a genuine family restaurant in a phoney ares. Solid portions, good service and a broad menu.
- Zia Teresa, opposite Harrodsluv2dineDined on 2/4/2012Zia Teresa, opposite Harrods on Hans Road. Fantastic as usual.
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 31/3/2012Great food, great service. Absolutely loved the truffle pasta. Thanks for a great meal!
- Really nice meal at Zia TeresaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/3/2012Really nice meal at Zia Teresa in Knightsbridge. Although we were dining on the free toptable menu the service was really good - I would definitely eat there again if I was in the area. Only gripe was that wine was reasonably expensive but I guess you're paying for the location.
- Zia Teresa in London provedbluesbeaterDined on 26/3/2012Zia Teresa in London proved to be a pleasant enough restaurant with friendly staff, bang next to Harrods! Starter of mushrooms with cheese well done, the main of chicken grilled, the chicken was rather tough, enjoyed the steamed veg. Panacotta pudding very good! Toilets very highly scented! A little out of our area, so unlikely to come again
- Great service, good food,GurmankaDined on 22/3/2012Great service, good food, perfect place for a casual dinner before an evening event
- Zia Teresa is your classicAllieVIPDined on 4/3/2012Zia Teresa is your classic Italian restaurant, conveniently located near Harrods. The 3 course lunch is good value and there are enough options to chose from. The portions are generous so there may not be room for dessert. The prawns and avacado starter was very nice as was the Veal and pasta main course. Don't expect anything fancy but it's perfect for children and groups. Avoid sitting in the front room as it can be drafty.
- Zia Teresa is a great neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2012Zia Teresa is a great neighbourhood Italian eating place, which happens to be in Knightsbridge. I wanted a green salad with parmesan for a starter, not on the menu, but certainly not too much trouble. My pizza Fiorentina had masses of spinach and a deliciously runny egg (dough could have been a wee bit crisper, but it was nice and thin). My friend's food was just as good. Very reasonably priced puddings (we were too full) and great coffee. Very relaxed, and nice service style.