Zizzi - Chelmsford
1-5 Grays Brewery Yard
Chelmsford, Essex CM2 6QRNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Zizzi - Chelmsford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zizzi.co.uk/
- Phone: 01245 268089
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday, 11am to 11pm Sunday – 11am to 9pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Zizzi - Chelmsford
Italian restaurant chain Zizzi opened the doors of its very first branch in London's Chiswick in 1999. Now there are over 100 branches, all decorated in an appealing contemporary style. Wood-fired ovens, open kitchens and modern interior design with locally influenced art features make for a vibrant atmosphere. As for the food, they serve up a variety of traditional Italian dishes including all the usual suspects: salads, antipasti, pasta, pizza, calzone, risotto as well as fish and meat mains and desserts. What Zizzi really pride themselves on is sourcing good quality ingredients; salads are dressed with white balsamic vinegar from Modena, for example, and offer Goddess Olives, a variety known for their firm flesh and nutty flavour. The modestly priced wine list is dominated by Italian wines, starting at £13.45 for a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. Chelmsford is the birthplace of radio, and this branch of Zizzi has been decorated accordingly - expect to dine amongst retro radio set inspiredContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zizzi - Chelmsford - Best restaurants in Chelmsford ›
Zizzi - Chelmsford reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since 26 November 2013
group bookings (2)pre/post theatre (2)fit for foodies (2)good vegetarian options (2)outdoor eating (2)outstanding value (2)disabled access (1)child friendly (1)brunch (1)sunday lunch (1)romance (1)special occasions (1)Show More
- Zizzi Chelmsfordnrr72VIPDined on 1/11/2014Decent early evening meal with good, polite service. The Antipasto for 2 was a little light on content & the dough sticks a little old but good mozzarella & meat. Good pizza & risotto with a nice, reasonably priced Gavi. There's better, more authentic Italian down the road at Olio but zizzi does a good job & sticks to its formula. Service was great & nice early evening atmosphere. You know what you're getting in these places but sometimes that's all you want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A problem booking via Opentable?MarkinusaVIPDined on 24/5/2014Just a week after dining at Zizzis Chelmsford I was back, having booked again via Opentable. However, once more upon arriving at there they had no record of my booking. Nevertheless, we soon got a table and had very good service and food - overall good value for money.Special Features:
- Are bookings fed throughMarkinusaVIPDined on 17/5/2014On arriving at Zizzis Chelmsford they had no record of my booking - I have seen on the reviews that this is not the first time that this has happened. We did not have to wait too long until a table became free and had very good service and enjoyed the food too (we had a rustica pizza and a salmon dish). My first time there and will be more than happy to go back.Special Features:
- OpinionLillDined on 28/3/2014Zizzi chelmsford proved a good choice for three friends getting together for a Friday night meal. Surroundings attractive Service very good and food tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Zizzi - Chelmsford reviews archive.
- Zizzis - a favourite!Jacs100VIPDined on 1/11/2013We like Zizzi restaurants in general, as you're guaranteed to get a good meal, with friendly staff in a relaxed atmosphere. Our waitress in the Chelmsford Zizzi was very friendly which added to the overall experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Pizzas and 1 Pasta in ChelsmfordMuncherVIPDined on 23/9/2013We took 1 antipasti which was good and 2 rustica pizzas and 1 pasta dish. All the food was very nice but the mains took a little too long to arrive. All in all, for a chain restaurant this place is quite good. We'll return.Special Features:
- Zizzi chelmsfordlovetocookDined on 14/9/2013I was quite surprised on arriving that our booking made via the Toptable system had not been registered so we weren't on the list for an upstairs table (apparently they save these tables for people who have booked) but the server was very helpful and on seeing my confirmation e-mail was happy to accommodate us on a well placed table upstairs and the service all round was very good . The rustic pizzas were very good however the pasta dish I chose (chicken and wild mushroom) was not very inspring and the pasta itself was a bit cold in parts so I think a bit more attention could have been paid there. The shared antipasti platter was excellent.
- Lunch with FriendsAlysonDined on 1/4/2013Excellent lunch on Bank Holiday Monday, friendly, courteous staff, very busy but no delays. Food good, plentiful and tasty.Special Features:
- Superb !krysDined on 10/3/2013You are always made to feel welcome at Zizzi thanks to a very friendly staff ! They don't mind making changes to the menu if necessary , which is great with fussy eaters and kids !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceThirddegreeDined on 8/3/2013The restaurant was welcoming, and warm. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the food and wine were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasionskrysDined on 23/12/2012This place is the perfect restaurant for a relaxed meal with friends , family and colleagues alike . The food is fresh , tasteful and good value. The staff is exemplary ! They are Very friendly and professional and present without being in your space. Would recomment to anyone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zizzi - reliable, & good atmosphereJacs100VIPDined on 22/12/2012Zizzi In Chelmsford is always a reliable place to eat - you know what you're getting and there's a good atmosphere (especially on the upper floor). I highly recommend the lasagne, and my friend had the fish 'stew' which he said was good but could have had a bit more flavour. No grumbles though! Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed that ZizziJacs100VIPDined on 21/9/2012Very disappointed that Zizzi would not let us redeem our Top Table cheque. Other than that, the usual, reliable food you always get from any Zizzi.Special Features:
- Nice lunch outsarahtalanDined on 25/8/2012Good food, good service, atmosphere wasn't great but that was because we were there at a quiet timeI would recommend this to a friend.
- zizzi, chelmsford. Ticks thenrr72VIPDined on 21/4/2012zizzi, chelmsford. Ticks the boxes for pizza and pasta - kids happy but maybe an option for garlic bread with their meal would be good but nothing wrong with the dough sticks. Decent spicy pizza was huge but still got demolished. Service is excellent. Toilets were shabby for early saturday night but lets face it, you never know what went on in there before you went in.......
- Great food, aimed to use 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/4/2012Great food, aimed to use 2 mains for £12 voucher but ended up with breads and drinks after sinking into the moment. Great atmosphere and brilliant service. Will be returning
- Once again, Zizzi in the MetroDaveDined on 10/4/2012Once again, Zizzi in the Metro Centre was fantastic! Great waiter, gorgeous food, an overall very enjoyable experience!
- First visit to ChelmsfordSusanLDined on 4/4/2012First visit to Chelmsford branch of Zizzi.I had the Linguine with king prawns & John had the Squid Ink Linguine with calamari, both came in a spicy tomato/chili sauce & excellent.Unfortunately on arrival the only member of staff on reception was involved in what seemed be a takeaway order so we (& several other people) waited sometime to be seated, then it was a further 10 mins for a waiter to take our order. A very bad start - where were all the staff & why weren't they helping one another?
- This was the first time I'veToneVIPDined on 31/3/2012This was the first time I've eaten at Zizzi- Chelmsford and will definately be going back. The decor and menu are different to the usual "chain" Italian that you get and the food was sufficiently inspiring to be genuinely spoilt for choice. Very friendly and human waiting staff. Well worth a return visit.
- zizzi chelmsford - nice birthdaynrr72VIPDined on 17/3/2012zizzi chelmsford - nice birthday / mothers day meal. Decent quality antipasto and good pizza. Oldies went for the lamb shank and loved it. Wine list limited but does the job - peroni priced like petrol though (why?). Ok kids menu and kept entertained. Service very good. Does it better than other chains.
- Another good meal at Zizzi,AJAJDined on 10/3/2012Another good meal at Zizzi, taking advantage of some great offers.
- Wen to Zizzi's on a FridaypaulDined on 9/3/2012Wen to Zizzi's on a Friday night. Food was good, service was good, nice atmosphere.
- fantastic service, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012fantastic service, great atmosphere and love the food! Calzone every time!!!!
- Had to wait 15 to be servedTeamRepulseDined on 2/1/2012Had to wait 15 to be served drinks. Other than that a nice meal.
- Unfortunately we were satOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2011Unfortunately we were sat in the restaurant right beside the window which looked out on to the high street. We went to Zizzi Chelmsford on a Saturday night and were continually pestered by youths who felt they wanted to show us parts of their bodies that we didnt want to see. Needless to say this had an affect on the night. Food was ok. Will not return.
- Zizzi in Chelmsford has provedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2011Zizzi in Chelmsford has proved to be a good place for eating supper after cinema going; It is themed by Marconi memorabilia and, which is interesting. Even more encouragingly, after three visits to the restaurant, the service has been consistently good.
- Zizzi, Chelmsford. I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/10/2011Zizzi, Chelmsford. I went there with three others for lunch. The waiter was very friendly. The mains took a while to get to us, although it was quite busy, but we were all satisfied with our meals. My wife ordered the Grissini e cioccolata (sweet crispy dough sticks drizzled with honey, pinenuts and served with a hot chocolate dip), and was thorough disappointed. It was just a cooked pizza base with a cold nuttella dip. The crumble and the cheesecake were ok but had better.
- Went to Zizzi, ChelmsfordOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 30/9/2011Went to Zizzi, Chelmsford on Friday night with 3 friends. Very attentive service & we all enjoyed the food. Only black mark was broken tap in the ladies so had to go into another cubicle to wash my hands!
- This is the second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 22/9/2011This is the second visit to Zizzi in Chelmsford, Essex in two weeks. It is a great place to eat after watching a film in the town. The service was really good again, again and I would highly recommend it for casual dining.
- Our visit to Zizzi's in ChelmsfordOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 16/9/2011Our visit to Zizzi's in Chelmsford was most enjoyable. They found our reservation quickly and offered us a choice of table. The ambience of the restaurant is warm and inviting. We were served very promptly with drinks and a menu and the order was taken promptly too. The order was delivered in a timely fashion, although the salad ordered was slow on arrival and needed a prompt from us. The food was tasty and most enjoyable and we would definitely go again..
- Zizzi in Chelmsford was asAJAJDined on 1/9/2011Zizzi in Chelmsford was as always attentive service and good food. It's now our family restaurant of choice in Chelmsford
- Good value with the 2-4-1OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 17/8/2011Good value with the 2-4-1 voucher offer. Lovely staff and the restaurant has a great feel to it. Food was good, but my salad was very salty. Nice to seem some good, substantial salads on the menu instead of the usual chicken ceasar.
- A quiet, sunny, Sunday afternoon,AndyCeeDined on 14/8/2011A quiet, sunny, Sunday afternoon, and a great meal at Zizzi in Chelmsford. All the standard things - good, well priced food, pleasant surrondings etc - apply at this branch. The staff also went out of their way to look after us, recommending dishes, ensuring we were happy with our meals, even where we were seated.
- Friendly attentive service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2011Friendly attentive service, good food, nice atmosphere.
- Consistent good food a Zizzi.AJAJDined on 6/7/2011Consistent good food a Zizzi. Always seem to get friendly and efficient waitress so happy to go back.
- Zizzi in Chelmsford was pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 30/6/2011Zizzi in Chelmsford was pleasant and convenient. The service was very good and the food was fine. Pizza was simple but tasty although could have done with fresh herbs. Risotto was out rather quickly for risotto and needed parmesan (possibly contained none at all). We ate from the 8.95 for a main and a drink menu and were not disappointed. We wanted to sit outside as it was sunny but they were not serving outside. British officious inflexibility is infuriating.
- Fabulous lunch at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 22/6/2011Fabulous lunch at a reasonable price. Chicken pasta with rosemary and mushroom was very tasty. The rustica pizza'a are great too. Highly recommend for tasty rustic Italian food.
- Zizzi's was average. PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2011Zizzi's was average. Portions were not as big as I would of liked but I couldn't fault the service. Overall, good.
- Chelmsford, Zizzi SecondOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2011Chelmsford, Zizzi Second time I've been to Zizzi's. Overall a pleasant experience. The pizza there is always good for value and never ceases to impress. Service was good and we didn't feel rushed. Ambience was slightly ruined by having the sun shining in our eyes, we weren't allowed to move from our table due to a kids party.
- Visited Zizzi at the MtroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/2/2011Visited Zizzi at the Mtro Centre, Gateshead busy but service good. We had booked the 3 course special for £13.50 and I had worried we may not get it after the last review so I'd printed my confirmation out to take with me. Upon arrival, waitress clarified we had booked through toptable for the 3 course special and I realxed :) Special menu is limited, theres 2 or 3 highlighted from each section of the main menu. I was sprised that my duck was on there as normally approx £13 just for that