Zizzi - Newark
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire NG24 1BHNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Zizzi - Newark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zizzi.co.uk/
- Phone: 01636679599
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday, 12pm – 11pm Sunday, 12pm – 10.30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Zizzi - Newark
Italian restaurant chain Zizzi opened the doors of its very first branch in London's Chiswick in 1999. Now there are over 100 branches, all decorated in an appealing contemporary style. Wood-fired ovens, open kitchens and modern interior design with locally influenced art features make for a vibrant atmosphere. As for the food, they serve up a variety of traditional Italian dishes including all the usual suspects: salads, antipasti, pasta, pizza, calzone, risotto as well as fish and meat mains and desserts. What Zizzi really pride themselves on is sourcing good quality ingredients; salads are dressed with white balsamic vinegar from Modena, for example, and offer Goddess Olives, a variety known for their firm flesh and nutty flavour. The modestly priced wine list is dominated by Italian wines, starting at £13.45 for a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. The Newark branch of Zizzi has a very special point of difference – they have their own ghost! Don't let that scare you off, though; the ghost iContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zizzi - Newark - Best restaurants in Newark ›
Zizzi - Newark reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since 27 May 2014
outdoor eating (1)group bookings (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- jessica09Dined on 4/6/2014a party of five of us dined here last week and was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The desert was to die forPaulw007Dined on 16/5/2014Hi I would strongly recommend the lemon marangue it was heavenlySpecial Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Zizzi - Newark reviews archive.
- We booked for my child's birthday.JulesDined on 9/6/2013We booked for my child's birthday. There were 5 children that day from 2-10 years old and we were accommodated very well. There was drawing for the kids, a lovely friendly atmosphere and nothing was too much trouble. we all had excellent food and the service from our waitress was very good indeed. We will definitely be back. the restaurant was welcoming and very modern. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with childrenEaterDined on 16/8/2012Very good all round: menu, food, service. Very accommodating to our small grandchildren and their likes and dislikes,keeping them busy with colouring-in their menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zizzi's in NewarkEaterDined on 4/5/2012Friendly and buzzing, with a good range of Italian dishes, freshly prepared.Special Features:
- Glo Restaurant Were a littleandyDined on 22/1/2012Glo Restaurant Were a little bit apprehensive when we walked in as it was not very busy [Sunday lunchtime] however Restaurant did get busier, and at least we could hold a conversation without having to shout at each other across the table! Both food and service were excellent. Great fusion food. Would strongly recommend and will be using again.
- We visited Zizzi Newark forElsieDined on 19/12/2011We visited Zizzi Newark for dinner. The service was prompt the food tasty and the atmosphere was pleasant.
- This is the 4th time we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 23/10/2011This is the 4th time we have visited Glo in Reading. As usual food was excellent. However, was extremely disappointed by the fact that we had gone for the all you can eat Sunday Dim Sum and were told they had run out the day before! Still had to eat from the rest of the menu which was still great!
- Zizzi Newark Nice food goodElsieDined on 17/10/2011Zizzi Newark Nice food good service good atmosphere
- Visited Glo in Reading forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2011Visited Glo in Reading for the first time on 7th Oct. Early booking prior to theatre visit. Waitress was attentive and service was good. Very quiet when we were there but I suspect would be very noisy when busy. Nice selection of food - well cooked - shared mixed starters followed by the prawn mussaman in garlic loaf. Lots of things to choose from on the menu and at a reasonable price £25 including wine and tip. Would probably go again - especially for a lunchtime bite.
- The Glo Restaurant & Bar atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2011The Glo Restaurant & Bar at St. Marys Butts, Reading is an experience not to be missed. Very friendly, acoomodating staff, impeccable service. The food is great - I had baked mushrooms, and the Thai Mussaman curry - prefectly authentic. Dessert - dollar bags left a bit to be desired, but I'll be back again !! Superb decor, would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good Thai / Fusion food.
- Glo Restaurant in Reading.LivingboyDined on 17/9/2011Glo Restaurant in Reading. The restaurant itself was very nicely designed. However, the food - a sort of Thai fusion - didn't really work. The resturant staff seemed inexperienced and a couple of our queries weren't dealt with. Disappointing overall.
- Food was excellent as perOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/8/2011Food was excellent as per usual. Atmosphere and service was good including the free cocktails when we arrived. The waiter recommended the Banoffee pie, it however was not quite up to standard as the rest of the meal. The money bags,the almond tart and the chocolate box are far better.
- Glo Restaurant and BAr hasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 16/8/2011Glo Restaurant and BAr has excellent service as always. I have been there twice now and both times had brilliant service. I must however admit that the food on my second visit was not as impressive as the first.
- We have visited Zizzi's NewarkElsieDined on 8/8/2011We have visited Zizzi's Newark on a number of occasions. The service has improved since out last visit. The food was up to it's usual standard however the unpleasant smell from the toilets is still in evidence.
- After a small mix up in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/6/2011After a small mix up in the kitchen and our food taking a while to come out, I have to say the food was fantastic. Service after that was good and the evening had a great atmosphere.
- Zizzi in Newark is the samefizzDined on 5/6/2011Zizzi in Newark is the same as Zizzi anywhere - good food in a relaxed atmosphere. The food and service were excellent, and very family friendly our waiter was great with my 20 month nephew - crayons and colouring sheet were provided as soon as we sat down so he was kept entertained until lunch arrived, which he enjoyed as much as the rest of us!.
- Zizzi Newark food serviceElsieDined on 12/5/2011Zizzi Newark food service and value for money good
- Nice food prompt service.ElsieDined on 28/4/2011Nice food prompt service. Cleanliness of the toilets left a lot to be desired
- Glo restauant in Reading -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 24/4/2011Glo restauant in Reading - an excellent Sunday lunch with happy helpfull staff who made a great impression upon myself and my three guests. I will be using the Glo again.
- i took my husband to glo forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 18/2/2011i took my husband to glo for his 4oth birthday as we were staying in reading food was out of this world nice setting and staff attentive would highly recommend we will be trying the glo at walton as it is our nerest one
- Myself and my boyfriend visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/2/2011Myself and my boyfriend visited Glo in Reading on Thursday night. I can safely say it was one of the best meals I have had in a very very long time! We were greeted by what I am presuming was the manager who asked if we had been before. When we told her we hadnt she took the time to go through the menu with us and explain each dish which I thought was really great! I had the steak which was cooked to perfection and exactly the way I like it and the food was piping hot and tasted fresh!
- Good value menu, but limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2011Good value menu, but limited choice. Restaurant ambience nice, but it was chilly inside! Overall, I would recommend and go back.
- The service was exceptional.BillDined on 15/1/2011The service was exceptional. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was great too!!