15-17 Grindlay Street
Edinburgh, EH3 9AXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://zuccarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01312219323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm-2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5pm-9pm and Friday - Saturday: 5pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Glennie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Zucca can cater for all your outside (or in-house depending on the size of your party) catering needs, from small platters of hot and cold food to private dinner parties, corporate entertainment and larger events such as weddings and birthday celebrations. The food can be tailored to your specific needs and personal taste. Service can be provided from highly trained and professional service staff.
- Private Party Facilities: Zucca, being part of the Lyceum theatre building, provides private dining facilities in the Henry Irving and Ellen Terry Rooms (Please note: a fee of £150 applies)
- Private Party Contact: Giacomo 01312219323
- Entertainment: COCKTAIL MASTER CLASSES
Experience making your own cocktails or stand back and watch the experts show you how it"s done. Ideal if you are planning a special evening with friends, or work colleagues.Price £ 40.00 pp
Enjoy five premiere Italian wines with friends; learn about the heritage of each estate, the character of the grape and the correct tasting technique.
1)Tapas and Tasting; five premiere Italian wines with a selection of Italian tapas £30pp
2)Fine Wine Dinner; five premiere Italian wines plus 3 course meal from our Theatre Menu £45pp
- Public Transit: There is a Bus stop and a Taxi rank 20 metres away from the restaurant, located on Lothian road.
Haymarket & Waverly stations 15,20 mins walk/8,10 mins cab ride.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking and a NCP car park located on Castle Terrace just at the back of the restaurant.
A word from Zucca Edinburgh
"Our goal is to serve the freshest and finest Italian food, and good quality wines, at a reasonable price, with the highest degree of service with real passion'Continued
The restaurant, with its theatrical theme, serves fine Italian dishes whilst retaining its freshness and simplicity.
The restaurant, with its theatrical theme, serves fine Italian dishes whilst retaining its freshness and simplicity.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
Zucca Edinburgh - Best restaurants in Edinburgh ›
Zucca Edinburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since 4 June 2014
pre/post theatre (149)outstanding value (48)good vegetarian options (31)special occasions (30)business meals (26)group bookings (23)fit for foodies (22)romance (18)sunday lunch (15)brunch (10)afternoon tea (7)child friendly (4)disabled access (2)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- BarbarDined on 16/9/2014Attached to theatre and can be busy or quiet when no events on in area. Good quality Italian food with excellent service.Special Features:
- Ideal pre-theatredirewolfDined on 27/8/2014Zucca is always reliable: good, fresh food, excellent friendly service, and great value. Given its location it is the best local pre-theatre venue.Special Features:
- Professional servicehelenlydonDined on 23/8/2014Waiters/Waitresses were so professional one was hardly aware they were there. Food good, atmosphere good & excellent value.Special Features:
- Good Food Bill given a tad to EarlyCarlosDined on 23/8/2014Really good food, great fun waitress service and presentation as fantastic. When we booked no mention was made of time limit so it was a surprise when the bill was handed to us before we asked for it and with no option of coffee. Given we'd only been there an hour and half of an evening booking this was a little off-putting. I'd still go back but next time I'd ask for a coffee if it happened againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal pre theatre or concertjothestreloverDined on 19/8/2014Worked well for us pre concert at the usher hall, tasty and great serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucca for Festival succourFestivalfoodieDined on 15/8/2014Nice location (next to Royal Lyceum Theatre). Small restaurant on two levels, friendly atmosphere and helpful, attentive staff. Menu includes local produce. My hake - first in years - was well cooked and tasty. My friend's chocolate torte looked delicious. The wine - mostly Merlot - was excellent, so we had two bottles! Definitely an oasis of calm and good taste in the tumultuous crowds of the Festival!Special Features:
- JacarandaDined on 15/8/2014We always enjoy Zucca for pre-theatre dinners. The service is fast and very friendly and the food is pretty good for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD MEAL BUT..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 15/8/2014we enjoyed a good two courses choice from pre-theatre menu @£14.95and a bottle wine @ £18. Table service was slick but bill payingcheck out was very slow so we had to rush to the concert!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect pre-theatredirewolfDined on 13/8/2014Zucca is excellently placed for both the Lyceum and the Usher Hall. They know that you need to get there in time for the show, and service is extremely efficient. Food this time was not quite as outstanding as on previous occasions, but perfectly good, and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good italian fayreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Highly suited to pre- or post-theatre or concert occasions; good but fairly unremarkable italian cuisine. Rather deficient in fish and vegetarian choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.docpaulDined on 10/8/2014Superb pre-theatre meal with real Italian food and good wine. Efficient unobtrusive service which made me feel very welcome. I am returning without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem!duncanDined on 9/8/2014One of us was extremely ill immediately after this meal, although we enjoyed it at the time. His main course was lasagne, I had something elseduncan. I also felt a bit uncomfortable after; we both had olives.
- Excellent as alwaystomnevDined on 8/8/2014The warm welcome and highly efficient service mean you can eat the very good food in a very relaxed manner, certain that you will get to the theatre on time. This is rapidly becoming one of our favourite restaurants in EdinburghSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre mealfestivalattenderDined on 8/8/2014Excellent prelude to Festival Opening Concert at Usher Hall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014Our 51 year physio reunion dinner was excellent . The food was perfect , the staff attentive, and we felt very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value - no atmosphere!alanDined on 19/7/2014We had a voucher for a two course meal. Just as well as the food was barely worth the discounted price. No atmosphere. Would not consider returning!
- God menu but cooking not up to itSandDined on 27/6/2014Had 3 courses for six. Menu wording made us expect good quality food & cooking. This was not the case. The scalops were very good and hake was well cooked, but everything else was no more than OK. Chicken was not good, sweet potatoes missing, bread was chewly and elastic (too long in microwave ?) do you even call this bread? No salt on table. Lasagna OK, deserts tiramitsu OK , chocolate torte with coulis & rasberries - not great quality chocolate, dot of coulis, no rabs! White choc creme brule, OK no more. Bill ended up being much more than expected, a lot of + in menu : over 30 per pers, no winw. All together, Either pay a bit more for choice & quality, or choose a restaurent with simpler menu but that delivers the qualitySpecial Features:
- lunchpatriciaDined on 26/6/2014our visit to the restaurant was overall very good including the service and ambiance as good and the food was excellant. The only disappointant was because it was quiet the waitres was too eager by coming to our take orders before we were ready, and also as a result of it being quiet the ambience was not as good as usual.Special Features:
- Kazza67Dined on 21/6/2014Went to zucca after my graduation . There were 5 of us including a 10 year old child. Everyone's meal was lovely .we didn't have one complaint and at 17.95 for 3 courses it was great value for money for a city restaurantSpecial Features:
- lunchpatriciaDined on 11/6/2014my friend enjoyed the ambiance , food and service which were excellant andwold recommend to prospective diners.Special Features:
- Lunch for 5 in Zucca.ww4lunchDined on 11/6/2014Had lunch with a group of friends. Very friendly welcome into the restaurant followed by excellent service throughout our visit. Food was very well presented, very tasty and much appreciated by the group. We enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant and felt relaxed and comfortable during our stay. We will certainly concider returning to ZUCCA and will certainly recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Well-placed, swift and courteousv61jyDined on 7/6/2014Very swift and courteous service and very good food, with imaginative vegetarian options. Ambience relaxing-low/no background music so conversation possible. Well situated for Usher Hall, Lyceum and other venues close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre -concert dinner at ZuccaenjoyfoodDined on 30/5/2014Excellent meal at Zuccas. Fixed menu is very good value and served by friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:
- First time.....KayjayDined on 27/5/2014Had pre concert dinner before going to the Usher Hall for the Paulo Nutini gig. Food was good value for money. Surprised that they had run out of Pinot Grigio but had a nice Gavi di Gavi instead. Warm welcome and good service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomnevDined on 24/5/2014very good food, and excellent service totally geared to ensuring we were served quickly pre theatre. The door straight through from the restaurant toSpecial Features:
- very helpful waitresses/waitersKittyDined on 17/5/2014The staff and food of this Italian were very good, dinner for two. The food was served really hot which we like, the red wine at room temperature and the staff were really nice without being intrusive. relaxed atmosphere.
- disappointedmacsandyDined on 17/5/2014We had dinner from the pre theater menu. The starters were good, but the mains were not great. When we ordered desserts, we were told there was no more creme brulee, but as we were leaving, we heard someone order the creme brulee and saw some in the pastry case. My impression is that an excellent "food stylist" created a menu that was prepared by a second rate kitchen.
- Excellent pre-theatreGailDined on 17/5/2014Convenient for the theatre and a really nice meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrizzlepussDined on 16/5/2014Always an imaginative and changing menu on each visit. Well presented and a wonderful adventure to the taste buds. The fish dishes are recommended for either starter and/or main dish. To complete, an excellent choice of deserts. Great value for money from a very friendly team.Special Features:
- Tasty lunchweezieDined on 15/5/2014Three of us had a very nice lunch. One of us is a vegetarian and her choices were excellent. We were the only table after some others left, but we gathered that they catered for a lot of people attending the theatre that this restaurant is connected to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 14/5/2014Average food and Service. Main waiter was quite rude.
- direwolfDined on 10/5/2014Zucca is reliably good, with fresh meat and seafood well cooked and presented. Friendly service and a comfortable ambience.Special Features:
- kitchenmaidDined on 9/5/20141st class meal. Consistently good meals and attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Another great mealMaisieDined on 9/5/2014It's the perfect evening. Outstanding music at the Usher Hall and delicious food at Zucca before we go. Given how busy the restaurant is, pre concert and theatre dining works very well. The menu is well balanced and good value and the staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Not badnooneinparticularDined on 8/5/2014This is convenient when going to the Lyceum thatre, they're in the same building. Don't expect "Italian food" like pizza or spaghetti, this restaurant is quite classy and serves interesting international dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre menu valuefoodforthought001Dined on 6/5/2014good variety on menu and an enjoyable meal at reasonable valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pre theatre fareMaisieDined on 2/5/2014For a delicious meal before a play at the Lyceum this is the perfect place. Impeccable service and the menu provided lots of tasty, well balanced options. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedJuanitaDined on 26/4/2014A friend and I wanted a quickish early evening meal pre-theatre. I have been to Zucca before and always found them reliable and good value menu. Felt they had upped their game this time with an interesting menu, good range of options, veggie and non veggie and the portion size seems to have increased. Very satisfied.Special Features:
- pre show efficiencyTONYDined on 12/4/2014A good pre show venue with theatres only minutes away. Quick efficient service , good quality italian style food. Reasonable value bookings required for pre show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as everdirewolfDined on 8/4/2014Zucca is reliably good. First class, proper Italian food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.