184 Bermondsey Street
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuccalondon.com/
- Phone: 02073786809x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 - 15:00
Saturday - 12:00 - 15:30
Sunday - 12:00 - 16:00
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 18:00 - 22:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to accommodate up to 10 guests on a round dining table. The room is extremely elegant and offers an exclusive experience which would be a fantastic venue for corporate entertaining or a memorable celebration.
7 course meal, including cheese course and tea and coffee, offered to a minimum of 8 guests.
A la carte
You are welcome to order from the main restaurant a la carte menu which will be subject to a minimum spend.
Should you wish to view our restaurant, or for more information,do not hesitate to contact the restaurant.
- Special Events: This year we are very excited to be hosting some special events in collaboration with Italian wine makers and their suppliers.
For more information on these events please contact our reservations and request to be on our mail out list.
A word from Zucca
Modern Italian CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zucca - Best restaurants in Bermondsey ›
Zucca reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since 3 June 2014
fit for foodies (203)special occasions (174)romance (122)business meals (108)good vegetarian options (53)sunday lunch (52)outstanding value (34)brunch (30)pre/post theatre (20)group bookings (20)child friendly (20)disabled access (13)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- zucca againSteveWoodDined on 26/9/2014We returned to zucca after a good previous experience and were once again delighted .great menu with seasonal and unusual ingredients,excellent service and an interesting choice of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysrharrison020Dined on 19/9/2014Been there 3 times now and fully intend to go again. Everything we ordered was delicious. Don't leave without trying the veal chop - it's better than a porterhouse steak at the Hawksmoor!Special Features:
- Not so specialMikeySDined on 19/9/2014The seating is worn and uncomfortable, the room is much more works canteen than restaurant. As a result, it's not a relaxing venue. Our party was seated near the door and toilets even though a window table was free. We weren't offered aperitifs, antipasta were good (braesola apart), pasta was beautiful (veal ragu sauce perfectly judged), fish and meat course were wrong. Once the correct orders had been prepared after 20 minutes, they were unexceptional. Wine (white from NE Italy) was good, dry but not too hard. Overall, a very underwhelming lunch. Having been looking forward to visiting, it was a shabby experience; food okay, waiting on was neither attentive nor accurate,it felt like we were just another tab for them. Not returning.Special Features:
- Amazing ItalianTeresaVIPDined on 18/9/2014The flavours I had from Zucca were just like the authentic Italian food I had from Italy. We were momentarily transported to back there. I had pasta for starter and it was home made and very yellow in colour just like the ones from Italy. It was fresh and al dante, with amazing sauces. My main fish dish was also delicious. Great friendly service, and amazing Italian food in the hearts of London. What more could you want. I am definitely coming back here again!Special Features:
- intimate setting and lovely foodmmmtDined on 13/9/2014We have been meaning to try this restaurant for a few years - managed to get a booking for a Saturday date night dinner with my husband. The flavour of the food was so clean and we had a very enjoyable time watching the calm kitchen. Beautiful decor and lovely, friendly staff. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Another great evening at Zucca!honeyDined on 11/9/2014Food and service both wonderful as usual. A special occasion made memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyAndyBananaDined on 10/9/2014There is clearly some very good cooking going on here, the best dishes were very well done but both the frito vegetables and the pasta main course were ruined by far too much salt. The wine list is also a bit minimal, no description at all, unless you know the wine its impossible too choose.Special Features:
- Great italianLove2dineDined on 7/9/2014We greeted very welcoming ! Staff is very pleasant and friendly . Food is simple and made with perfection . Very well priced wine list . You must go !Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant & friendly staffLeBeDined on 30/8/2014Great restaurant we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Staff were friendly and knowledgable about the menu - would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Best Italian in LondonedudeDined on 29/8/2014Was slightly disappointed with the burrata starter. Everything else was incredible. Especially the wine (2006 Primitivo Reserve).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DHammerVIPDined on 28/8/2014Always a warm feeling when arriving at Zucca as it is like putting on an old very reliable pullover only one that has kept in pristine condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at ZuccaEBAADined on 27/8/2014Great evening, excellent service and wonderful dinner. Restaurant was quite noisy but I guess just because it was busy.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionLuv2dineDined on 26/8/2014The restaurant was buzzing on a Tuesday night, which gave it a great atmosphere. Staff were the perfect amount of attentive. Menu was varied and delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- nice lunchnibblerDined on 26/8/2014Had a nice lunch with an old friend at Zucca. In general everything was good and fresh. It feels very comfortable and you can see all the comings and goings on the street outside. The open kitchen's extractor fan isn't quite up to the job so a strong smell from the grilling sardines permeated the air.Special Features:
- Zucca for Sunday lunchBiggersnacksDined on 24/8/2014Most enjoyable - delicious food, nice ambience and service. Wine seems rather overpriced, and no house choice, but then we have just come back from Conegliano where Prosecco is cheaper with lunch in a restaurant than sparkling water - truly!Special Features:
- Sublime!doigmDined on 23/8/2014Definitely the best Italian meal we have ever had, and probably one of the best meals we have had anywhere. The food was just incredible, fresh, bursting with flavour, beautifully presented. The service was friendly, professional and efficient and the ambiance was great. The wine waiter was very good also - the wine list is impressively large but all Italian split into regions, we know a little bit about Italian wine but wanted to try something a bit different and we asked the sommelier to recommend a "Pinot Noir type wine, light and fruity and not too tannic" and he really came up with the goods - a beautiful wine we had never heard of before that perfectly fitted the description and was well within the price range requested. Tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZuccaScw1Dined on 23/8/2014Good quality Italian food. Extensive wine list, although all Italian. Waiter was able to recommend a good bottle. Ambience good, service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucca lunchSpinyfishVIPDined on 23/8/2014Superbly cooked Italian food - The focus is on the quality of food and service, rather than fripperies. A restaurant that's always busy and deserves to be.Special Features:
- Great FoodKath23Dined on 22/8/2014Service was great until the main course was finished. The waiters seemed to think we could linger late into the afternoon - we were on a business lunch. Otherwise fantastic and I would go again.Special Features:
- good italian fooddarkwarriorDined on 16/8/2014bermondsey street is filled with great food, with zucca being one of the best italian restaurants here and in London. Must visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply not as good as it used to bePandyDined on 15/8/2014The frito misto which was once a revelation and a joy was now stodgy. And we had two over-salted mains, and not much interest in the fact from our over-worked waitress. Although she did knock something off our bill when pressed.
- Great Resturant with lovely foodDinnerDDined on 15/8/2014We really enjoyed the food, the staff were very knowledgeable about the wine, will definitely dine here againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service poorYoshiDined on 15/8/2014We arrived and initially we were all very impressed. Great spacing with the tables allowing for privacy. All of us looking forward to our Friday night suppa club experience. Disappointment then started to seep into our evening. The service lacked friendliness - the staff seemed more to focus on getting you out before the next seating. In the main the team were aloof on their approach, disengaged. The food was nice but we all thought it was over priced for what it was in quality (other than the deserts). The wine list was very comprehensive. All in all, we all thought that it was an ok/goodish experience but we wouldn't race back as other restaurants in the area are better. Definitely book the later option so you don't feel hurried!Special Features:
- NadinenadlesDined on 9/8/2014Great food in a great place! I really enjoyed my dining experience here. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Mixed Opinionsfnb22Dined on 8/8/2014I went to Zucca with high expectations. Having read online reviews, reviews in books and heard stories from friends I had high hopes. Unfortunately the meal did not meet my expectations. For London prices it was great. The starters- sardines and burrata were both well received. Pasta courses of veal ragu were enjoyable, though a little expensive especially compared to Antico down the road. The swordfish (main course) was good value but very poor quality: the portion was very small (a very thin slice) with visible lines of fat and a large numbers of darker/black meat. Puddings were both tasty but again very expensive for what they were- a biscuit size piece of chocolate cake for £10. Decor and drinks enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant italianAli73Dined on 3/8/2014Came here for a birthday sunday lunch. A very pleasant, welcoming environment; and the food was very well executed, with some interesting and clever combinations, without being too complicated. We really enjoyed - similar to river cafe but about half the price.Special Features:
- JomoDined on 2/8/2014A must visit; we will be returning! Very helpful staff and amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchRuLaneDined on 31/7/2014This is not an area of town I typically tread but an opportunity arose. This was very high quality Italian food, that suited a swift but informal business lunch perfectly.The food was excellent, the service swift and attentive but not in your face. A couple of glasses of wine randomly appeared on the bill that we hadn't had and the staff dealt with this immediately and pleasantly.Special Features:
- deliciousFoodieDined on 30/7/2014Great night out and reasonably priced for outstanding food. Zucca fritti are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bermondsey Street Top Classsg123Dined on 26/7/2014Excellent restaurant for a special occasion. Buzzy atmosphere and the food was excellent. It is expensive however the qualify of the service and the food quantifies the price. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal at zuccafoodieDined on 24/7/2014I love this restaurant and for those foodies this is definitely one to try. Excellent Italian food, lovely ambience and fantastic service. The wine list is very good too. I can't fault this place.Special Features:
- TerribleJoshpaDined on 24/7/2014One of the worst meal I've ever had! Italian food? Are you sure? Ridiculous menu... Ridiculous price... £12.5 for verdure miste ( 2 leaves of lettuce and 3 pieces of carrots) £15 for starter portion of tasteless pasta!!!
- Great food, over-the-top servicePLM27Dined on 22/7/2014I cannot fault the food at Zucca, it was lovely. However the waiting staff were very off-putting. They are constantly round the table and I felt almost hounded by them. It was as though they were in a rush to get us out of the restaurant, which no doubt was due to the fact that they had other reservations later in that evening. It made for a rather uncomfortable atmosphere as we felt we couldn't relax and have a proper conversation without being interrupted by the staff.
- ExcellentGoodFoodLoverDined on 18/7/2014The entire experience was excellent, service was second to none, being able to see the food being prepared was fascinating and the food did not disappoint in the least. Would like to go back and try other dishes, there was just so much choice, it was impossible to have everything you wanted. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GlutenfreeMarceloDined on 16/7/2014zucca is advertised as good option for gluten free customers, but in fact the restaurant has practically no gluten free options (it was really only 1 option in the menu of gluten free!) and very poor vegetarian options.Special Features:
- great food in a lovely settinglasmaDined on 12/7/2014We love ths restaurant. Always delivers authentic Italian food in a lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentfod4uDined on 9/7/2014I have been to Zucca four times now and each time thoroughly enjoyed it, the food is gorgeous a very good wine list And the staff helpful and lovely. It is not normally my area but go because it's sooo goodSpecial Features:
- Fresh and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Very tasty food, clearly of good quality. The pasta itself tasted delicious, even without sauce. Very friendly but not overbearing service. Occasional cooking smells through the open plan kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoRosieDined on 2/7/2014The quality of the food (and the wine list) at Zucca was fantastic, I would certainly rank it as some of the best Italian offerings in London, with the bread completely blowing us away. The portion sizes of the starter and the pasta however were smaller than I would expect anywhere, or for the price. Overall, amazing food but average value.
- KCOCDined on 28/6/2014Fantastic food and the perfect level of service - I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.