184 Bermondsey Street
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuccalondon.com/
- Phone: 02073786809x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 - 15:00
Saturday - 12:00 - 15:30
Sunday - 12:00 - 16:00
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 18:00 - 22:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to accommodate up to 10 guests on a round dining table. The room is extremely elegant and offers an exclusive experience which would be a fantastic venue for corporate entertaining or a memorable celebration.
7 course meal, including cheese course and tea and coffee, offered to a minimum of 8 guests.
A la carte
You are welcome to order from the main restaurant a la carte menu which will be subject to a minimum spend.
Should you wish to view our restaurant, or for more information,do not hesitate to contact the restaurant.
- Special Events: This year we are very excited to be hosting some special events in collaboration with Italian wine makers and their suppliers.
For more information on these events please contact our reservations and request to be on our mail out list.
A word from Zucca
Modern Italian CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Zucca - Best restaurants in Bermondsey ›
Zucca reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since 26 October 2013
fit for foodies (205)special occasions (177)romance (124)business meals (109)sunday lunch (52)good vegetarian options (51)outstanding value (32)brunch (29)group bookings (21)child friendly (19)pre/post theatre (19)disabled access (15)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Exceeded expectationsLuckyDined on 19/10/2014We've lived about 5 minutes from Zucca for 8 years but have only just visited. In those 8 years Bermondsey St and the surrounding area has gone from strength to strength in terms of the quality of the restaurants on offer. Despite the competition Zucca stood out as being exceptional. Apart from the food, the restaurant inside was a lot cosier than I'd imagined on the many occasions we had walked past it.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible ventilation!!!cmfanna6Dined on 18/10/2014very delicious food! Good service. But terrible ventilation in the restaurant. Open concept kitchen made the entirely dining area stinks: oil burning smell, fish frying smell, and etc. The smell is so strong that it cover-writes our beautiful wine, delicious food... It is a shame! the smell made us really uncomfortable!Special Features:
- rickDined on 17/10/2014Wonderful menu friendly staff pretty perfect loved the artichoke fonduta saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too plainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Food just too greazy..ordered zucca fries which turned out to be just battered pumpkin. For mains we had veal chops. Too plain, unseasoned. Not much to tell but too keep away. Maybe their pasta is better.
- Just deliciousGabCDined on 9/10/2014Thursday was our 4th time at Zucca. And for the forth time, we were more than pleased by the service. The best quality of this restaurant remains the delicious food. We specially recommend the veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindsaySmallDined on 9/10/2014Absolutely fantastic place. The food is outstanding and the staff are friendly and attentive. Relaxed atmosphere. One of our favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-rated!ScottoDined on 8/10/2014Zucca came highly recommended by a Sicilian. We were disappointed. The place is extremely noisy. Wine choice is excellent but the food is quite ordinary - nothing special to write home about. To be honest we expected delicious local specialities but there was no special Sicilian touch to what we ordered - despite the description. Taglierini with baby shrimps ..... came as a gooey concoction with bits of broccoli and the tiny canned shrimps could be counted on 2 hands ! Some dishes were far too salty. Another typical Italian let-down in London. Pity.
- Great modern ItalianLadyADined on 8/10/2014I must admit I hesitated before booking at Zucca, because I don't normally get excited by Italian. But on the recommendation of a foodie friend, I booked 3 of us a table on a Wednesday lunchtime, and was delighted that I did. The food brings Italian into the 21st Century. We ordered the vegetable fritti, tuna carpaccio and an outstanding fig entree, followed by tagliatelli with game ragu, baked hake and the rabbit. All were full of flavour, unique, and cooked to perfection. In addition, the staff were fantastic. We took our baby in a buggy and having told the restaurant in advance, they had made special space for us so we didn't feel in the way. They were welcoming and accommodating without being fussy. We will return.Special Features:
- Very modern, unique ItalianbeneatsDined on 7/10/2014We went to Zucca for our wedding anniversary. Booking was easy (2-hour window) and they called to confirm day of. The food was delicious and unique, great for a special occasion though maybe a little on the pricey side for a regular night out. Very helpful servers, loved the wine selection, the Zucca Fritti are amazing. Very modern decor inside. Don't expect comfort-food italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodlittlelindsDined on 5/10/2014If you've got a gourmet palette, then you'll enjoy Zucca. The service is top notch too. A nice, relaxed ambiance. And mouth-watering Italian food.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian DinnerfoodyfaceDined on 4/10/2014Zucca strikes the perfect balance of feeling like a treat but not being stuffy. The service is friendly and attentive, the wine list amazing (especially the dessert wine) but it is the food that really wow's. Simple Italian food with little twists to keep it interesting, the fried crispy basil leaves on my starter of figs was something special. Would definitely recommend to friends and would love to go back.Special Features:
- Great italian food & ingredianceJoeCromDined on 2/10/2014went back for truffle season, it was as good as the first, the food was made with the best ingrediance, un complicated and perfectly put together. The staff were so friendly and provided perfect un hurried service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great...IeatthereforeiamfatDined on 2/10/2014A warm welcome, and great room awaits. A nice small menu including regional wines. Unfortunately the fritti zucca was first up, and being over-salted did not set the palate well. Creamy burrata and figs, with a seabass carpaccio were solid. The bread however, was a treat. Mains of pasta and swordfish all good, but nothing exceptional or aspirational coming from the kitchen. The pannacotta was well made, but very sweet and required some fruity acidity to cut-through it, whilst the affogato had 2 huge scoops of ice-cream, whilst one would surely have sufficed. This review is probably over-critical of what is a very good restaurant, but Bermondsey has so many great places to eat now. Still worth a try if you are in the area.Special Features:
- JaniceDined on 30/9/2014Great food with amazing taste, served really quickly but I found the restaurant itself cramped and noisy
- zucca againSteveWoodDined on 26/9/2014We returned to zucca after a good previous experience and were once again delighted .great menu with seasonal and unusual ingredients,excellent service and an interesting choice of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysrharrison020Dined on 19/9/2014Been there 3 times now and fully intend to go again. Everything we ordered was delicious. Don't leave without trying the veal chop - it's better than a porterhouse steak at the Hawksmoor!Special Features:
- Not so specialMikeySDined on 19/9/2014The seating is worn and uncomfortable, the room is much more works canteen than restaurant. As a result, it's not a relaxing venue. Our party was seated near the door and toilets even though a window table was free. We weren't offered aperitifs, antipasta were good (braesola apart), pasta was beautiful (veal ragu sauce perfectly judged), fish and meat course were wrong. Once the correct orders had been prepared after 20 minutes, they were unexceptional. Wine (white from NE Italy) was good, dry but not too hard. Overall, a very underwhelming lunch. Having been looking forward to visiting, it was a shabby experience; food okay, waiting on was neither attentive nor accurate,it felt like we were just another tab for them. Not returning.Special Features:
- Amazing ItalianTeresaVIPDined on 18/9/2014The flavours I had from Zucca were just like the authentic Italian food I had from Italy. We were momentarily transported to back there. I had pasta for starter and it was home made and very yellow in colour just like the ones from Italy. It was fresh and al dante, with amazing sauces. My main fish dish was also delicious. Great friendly service, and amazing Italian food in the hearts of London. What more could you want. I am definitely coming back here again!Special Features:
- intimate setting and lovely foodmmmtDined on 13/9/2014We have been meaning to try this restaurant for a few years - managed to get a booking for a Saturday date night dinner with my husband. The flavour of the food was so clean and we had a very enjoyable time watching the calm kitchen. Beautiful decor and lovely, friendly staff. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Another great evening at Zucca!honeyDined on 11/9/2014Food and service both wonderful as usual. A special occasion made memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyAndyBananaDined on 10/9/2014There is clearly some very good cooking going on here, the best dishes were very well done but both the frito vegetables and the pasta main course were ruined by far too much salt. The wine list is also a bit minimal, no description at all, unless you know the wine its impossible too choose.Special Features:
- Lovely food but priceyLive2EatDined on 9/9/2014The food was lovely with a simple but tasty pumpkin fritti and ragu plus an amazing panna cotto which was silky as can be. However it is pricey for what it is. I would view it as an occasion treat rather than a regular dining option.Special Features:
- Great italianLove2dineDined on 7/9/2014We greeted very welcoming ! Staff is very pleasant and friendly . Food is simple and made with perfection . Very well priced wine list . You must go !Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant & friendly staffLeBeDined on 30/8/2014Great restaurant we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Staff were friendly and knowledgable about the menu - would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Best Italian in LondonedudeDined on 29/8/2014Was slightly disappointed with the burrata starter. Everything else was incredible. Especially the wine (2006 Primitivo Reserve).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DHammerVIPDined on 28/8/2014Always a warm feeling when arriving at Zucca as it is like putting on an old very reliable pullover only one that has kept in pristine condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at ZuccaEBAADined on 27/8/2014Great evening, excellent service and wonderful dinner. Restaurant was quite noisy but I guess just because it was busy.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionLuv2dineDined on 26/8/2014The restaurant was buzzing on a Tuesday night, which gave it a great atmosphere. Staff were the perfect amount of attentive. Menu was varied and delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- nice lunchnibblerVIPDined on 26/8/2014Had a nice lunch with an old friend at Zucca. In general everything was good and fresh. It feels very comfortable and you can see all the comings and goings on the street outside. The open kitchen's extractor fan isn't quite up to the job so a strong smell from the grilling sardines permeated the air.Special Features:
- Zucca for Sunday lunchBiggersnacksDined on 24/8/2014Most enjoyable - delicious food, nice ambience and service. Wine seems rather overpriced, and no house choice, but then we have just come back from Conegliano where Prosecco is cheaper with lunch in a restaurant than sparkling water - truly!Special Features:
- Sublime!doigmDined on 23/8/2014Definitely the best Italian meal we have ever had, and probably one of the best meals we have had anywhere. The food was just incredible, fresh, bursting with flavour, beautifully presented. The service was friendly, professional and efficient and the ambiance was great. The wine waiter was very good also - the wine list is impressively large but all Italian split into regions, we know a little bit about Italian wine but wanted to try something a bit different and we asked the sommelier to recommend a "Pinot Noir type wine, light and fruity and not too tannic" and he really came up with the goods - a beautiful wine we had never heard of before that perfectly fitted the description and was well within the price range requested. Tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZuccaScw1Dined on 23/8/2014Good quality Italian food. Extensive wine list, although all Italian. Waiter was able to recommend a good bottle. Ambience good, service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucca lunchSpinyfishVIPDined on 23/8/2014Superbly cooked Italian food - The focus is on the quality of food and service, rather than fripperies. A restaurant that's always busy and deserves to be.Special Features:
- Great FoodKath23Dined on 22/8/2014Service was great until the main course was finished. The waiters seemed to think we could linger late into the afternoon - we were on a business lunch. Otherwise fantastic and I would go again.Special Features:
- good italian fooddarkwarriorDined on 16/8/2014bermondsey street is filled with great food, with zucca being one of the best italian restaurants here and in London. Must visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply not as good as it used to bePandyDined on 15/8/2014The frito misto which was once a revelation and a joy was now stodgy. And we had two over-salted mains, and not much interest in the fact from our over-worked waitress. Although she did knock something off our bill when pressed.
- Great Resturant with lovely foodDinnerDDined on 15/8/2014We really enjoyed the food, the staff were very knowledgeable about the wine, will definitely dine here againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service poorYoshiDined on 15/8/2014We arrived and initially we were all very impressed. Great spacing with the tables allowing for privacy. All of us looking forward to our Friday night suppa club experience. Disappointment then started to seep into our evening. The service lacked friendliness - the staff seemed more to focus on getting you out before the next seating. In the main the team were aloof on their approach, disengaged. The food was nice but we all thought it was over priced for what it was in quality (other than the deserts). The wine list was very comprehensive. All in all, we all thought that it was an ok/goodish experience but we wouldn't race back as other restaurants in the area are better. Definitely book the later option so you don't feel hurried!Special Features:
- NadinenadlesDined on 9/8/2014Great food in a great place! I really enjoyed my dining experience here. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicefoodloverDined on 8/8/2014I took my fiance to Zucca for his birthday as he had been yearning to visit it for a while. I had informed the it was his birthday and they gave us a lovely table by the window. The food did not disappoint, good portions and very tasty modern Italian with a focus on veggies, hence the name which means pumpkin. I like the atmosphere and feel of the place, its modern, inviting, with an open kitchen to glimpse the chefs at work and the service was impeccable.Special Features: