Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Prairie Canary Restaurant & Bar is all about being local. From the name of the restaurant to the dishes on which the food is served, effort was taken to showcase local talent and area producers. Enjoy your meal on hand-thrown plates and bowls. Sit at hand-made hickory tables. Savor farm-fresh produce grown just miles away. Sip on an Iowa wine or pint of beer. We look forward to seeing you!
For parties greater than 4, please contact us at 712-226-7610 for assistance with your reservation.
- TCToddCMinneapolis - St. Paul •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFood was great and we were seated 10 minutes ahead of our reservation time.More infoGranite City Food & Brewery - Cedar Rapids$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Cedar Rapids•4.1
- TTroyvipIowa •3 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoPrairie Canary is one of our favorite restaurants and we go there often and are never disappointed! Highly recommend!More infoPrairie Canary Restaurant & Bar$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Des Moines•4.7
- EKEricKIowa •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoEverything was very good. Service was great and food was great!More infoHometown Heroes$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Des Moines•4.7
- OorangechickieIowa •8 reviews5.0Dined on 30 Jan 2024Excellent meal once again. All of us had steaks. This is a hidden gem in CR. Only downside was running out of baked potatoes 😢More infoMidtown Reserve$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Cedar Rapids•4.6
- KSKimmSIowa •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2024We were there on New Year’s Eve. They were packed. Our waitress appeared to be over delegated but she did her best. Food was delicious and generous. We always love what we order there. Will keep returning….🙂More infothe hip-stir$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Cedar Rapids•4.5
Iowa is known as one of the safest states to live in, which adds to its appeal as a place to visit. With many attractions and things to do, you’re bound to work up an appetite for one of the many local dishes - and there are many! Iowa offers typical restaurant meals from almost any culture imaginable with many of the ingredients being grown in the area. You’ll also see foods iconic to Iowa, such as a loose meat sandwich called Maid Rite, rhubarb pie, Iowa chops, and taco pizza. Although specific to Des Moines, the steak de burgo is a popular item throughout the state. Don't miss some of Iowa's classic corn on the cob.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Des Moines is Wasabi - Waukee
- L R Christian Memorial Field
- Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
- Highland Park
- Embassy Suites Des Moines Downtown
- Holiday Inn Sioux City
- Hy Vee Hall
- Iowa State Fairgrounds
- Wells Fargo Arena
- Mercy Park
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown
- Old Horace Mann Park
- Quad City International Airport
- Hotel Fort Des Moines
- Beaverdale Park
- Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
- Merle Hay Mall
- University of Iowa
- Southridge Mall
- The Eastern Iowa Airport
- Lake Macbride State Park