Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
'perfect English country pub', serving exceptional food in our bar and dining room and a beautiful sunny beer garden. Join for snacks Tuesday – Saturday, with the full food menu available at lunch and dinner Wednesday – Sunday, including roasts with all the trimmings on Sunday afternoons.
Orwells offers a choice of al a carte from Wednesday - Sunday alongside a Taster the Season Menu, tasting. Friday and Saturday evenings are Taste the Season menu only.
Sunday is a little different as we offer our legendary roast dinners, usually served with a good helping of side veg were a lot has been grown by the kitchen team.
We look forward to seeing you very soon, Ryan, Liam & The Orwells Team x
With a passion for provenance, the kitchen sources food from the very best local suppliers and grow much of their own fruit and vegetables. Mark even fishes for his own crayfish and trout from the local reservoir! Cooking is modern British and menus change daily depending on what is fresh and seasonal - with the signature slow roasted pork belly, with foot long crackling, being a favourite.
Welcome to the Snooty Mehmaan! Previously the Snooty Fox, the Snooty Mehmaan now delivers the best in Indian & Thai food all expertly prepared by our award winning chef.
Our stylish and contemporary revamp of this former pub is able to accommodate a variety of functions including Weddings, Christenings, Business Meetings and friends/family get togethers.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Snooty Mehmaan for lunch or dinner. We serve our A La Carte menu daily. If you are Vegetarian or have special dietary needs please tell us and we will endeavour to offer you a wider choice of meals… During Sunday lunch we serve a delicious Indian buffet. (Please note we do not serve our full menu at Sunday lunch).
The Manor is not just a destination for great food and drink, but also a stunning events and wedding venue. A picturesque venue with beautiful gardens and boasting an 180 people wedding marquee perfect for any style event, it provides a picture-perfect backdrop for any special occasion.
There’s a large beer garden that backs onto the village cricket pitch, and we hope to open up the Aunt Sally pitch soon.
The Lamb Inn is truly a family pub in more ways than one and you are guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome.
At The Lamb we specialise in ‘traditional pub food’, all freshly cooked on the premises using fresh locally sourced ingredients wherever possible.
As well as a regular menu featuring a wide range of dishes, including steaks, pasta, fish, curries and jacket potatoes, there are daily specials written up on boards around the pub. There's also a weekly special, where one of the most popular meals on the menu is available for just £5.99. Tea and coffee are available all day.
On Sundays we always offer the traditional choice of roast beef, lamb or chicken.
Dogs are also welcome if kept on leads.
Whether you come for our mouth-watering Italian dishes prepared by our Chefs or for the creative cocktails, Pizza Calzone has something DELICIOUS for you!
Pizza Calzone Italian Restaurant is perfect for a quiet meal, family gatherings, events, and business meetings.
Good food. Good Drink. Good Atmosphere
Enjoy delicious, mouth-watering dishes in a restaurant like no other in Oxford.
To the rear of the hotel, you will find our 80 seater restaurant. Where you can enjoy terrific food carefully crafted with an innovative twist on fine dining.
Our Wine & Cocktail bar at the heart of The Crown offers a range of fine wines, cocktails and sharing platters, such as our charcuterie boards.
Finally, our main bar offers a more relaxed experience where you can enjoy a delicious meal off our pub menu.
- OTOpenTable DinervipOxford/Oxfordshire •15 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFantastic evening cosy despite the fact that we didn't realise we had to pre-book the Festive Meal so we couldn't have it last night as expected. Nevertheless the other dishes (Oysters, Scallops, Monkfish, Venison hotpot and the delicious apple almond tart unfortunately without vanilla ice-cream) were totally delicious in their own right.More infoNo1 Ship StreetPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Oxford•4.7
- RWRobWOxford/Oxfordshire •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoMy partner & I went on a date to The Ivy Oxford after our only previous visit for breakfast, about a day after it opened. Part of the attraction was that the premises is formerly our branch of NatWest bank! No financial concerns on this visit, however, being rather older and wiser when it comes to managing money!! From a plethora of menus we avoided the Festive ones, opting instead for the Ivy Hamburger and the blackened cod from the Ivy Classics. We agreed both were delicious, having each sampled a bit of the other dish. The portions were ample and presented beautifully on the plate. Service was friendly and efficient from the moment we walked through the door until we paid the bill. We would recommend The Ivy to any of our visiting friends.More infoThe Ivy Oxford BrasseriePrice: Moderate• Contemporary British• Oxford•4.5
- EMEmmaMOxford/Oxfordshire •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoFantastic food, great vibe and brilliant service, but the restaurant was very warm.More infoPho OxfordPrice: Moderate• Vietnamese• Oxford•4.5
- RARathburnAugustineOxford/Oxfordshire •1 review5.0Dined on 20 Nov 2023Very good food, maybe the best Thai food in Oxford, and very reasonable prices (most mains under 10 pounds). Impressive decor and ambience, easy to book, and reliably good service on two separate visits.More infoBangkok HousePrice: Moderate• Thai• Oxford•4.6
- FFisher1vipLondon •4 reviews4.0Dined on 16 Oct 2023Really nice meal in good surroundings. the pork belly was particularly good, with a well thought through set of accompanimentsMore infoCôte Brasserie - OxfordPrice: Moderate• French• Oxford•4.3
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Oxford is The Ivy Oxford Brasserie