Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
To honour the historical roots of the establishment, offer our take on the quintessential British gastro pub. We aim to be London's only gastro pub sourcing all of our ingredients from the British Isles, and where that is not possible, we look to source ingredients from countries and territories with close links to Britain, such as our lemons from Gibraltar. Our Head Chef champions British produce through culinary favourites such as steak, fish pie, and the classic treacle pudding.Our unique drinks & wine list is also fully sourced from sustainable vineyards, breweries and distilleries across Britain
The cosy restaurant is built around the traditions of the Ayllu community of the Inca Empire. The Ayllu was a group of families that lived together, worked the land together and shared their belongings and mealtimes, just like a large family. Much like the Incan civilisation, Ayllu is about the coming together of friends and families and taking time to share an experience of great food and innovative cocktails with loved ones.
Drawing on the inspiration of the Ayllu community, the menu consists of innovative small plates, designed for the whole table to share. Traditional Peruvian flavours are paired with Japanese influences, bringing fresh and zesty aromas to each dish.
Known for its high ceilings and almost full-length windows, the natural light in Smith’s is just as nourishing and wholesome as the comfortable furnishings and exquisite selection of food and drink that we serve.
The venue is split into the areas:
• Main Restaurant
• Main Bar & Lounge Area
• Outdoor Terrace Canal-side
Smith’s is an ideal venue for weddings, on-location filming, major launch events, and multi-stage music and entertainment events.
The whole venue can comfortably accommodate up to 200 people for a sit-down dinner and up to 400 standing. Its proximity to Paddington Station (50 yards from the Hammersmith & City Underground entrance) makes it quick to get to for those coming from out of town.
- KWKevinWNew York / Tri-State Area •12 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoKingston our waiter was a great young man very polite an asset to Smith’sMore infoSmith's Bar & GrillPrice: Moderate• British• Paddington•3.8
- OTBedfordshire •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWas a great experience, shall definitely be returningMore infoThe StablehandPrice: Expensive• British• Paddington•4.5
- OTLondon •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWonderful food and lovely staff -this is one of my favourite places to eat!More infoSatay HousePrice: Moderate• Southeast Asian• Paddington•4.6
- HSHelenSPLondon •2 reviews5.0Dined on 27 Nov 2023Very very happy with a lovely afternoon tea at the Royal Lancaster Hotel. The staff couldn’t have been more attentive. There was a good selection of set sandwiches and they were happy to swap out the egg ones at my request. The scones were as light as air and the patisserie selection was festive and had a bit of everything. The setting was beautiful with a chic and golden glow about the place. Overall the cost was about half that you would expect to pay elsewhere so 10/10 from me. Will definitely visit again.More infoAfternoon Tea at Royal Lancaster LondonPrice: Moderate• Cafe Dining• Bayswater•4.6
The 10 best Indian restaurants in London
From fine dining gems to curry houses and modern Indian hotspots, here are 10 excellent Indian restaurants in London.
The best vegan restaurants in London to try right now
Plant-based dining, meat-free menus and environmentally conscious gems: here are the best must-visit vegan restaurants in London to book right now.
Limited-time Dining Experiences in London✨
Available until the end of the month only.
15 outstanding London restaurants for special occasions
Long praised for the must-visit museums and can’t-miss theatre that make it an international cultural centre, London is also rich in restaurants of all sorts, including spots to celebrate special occasions. A chic sushi place in Kensington was made for wooing a special someone. For raucous reunions, there’s a crowd-friendly American grill in Covent Garden. In Westminster, a swanky Indian spot is a no-brainer for milestone birthdays and anniversaries. London’s most outstanding restaurants for celebrating are highly sought-after destinations—so book your table at one of these 15 places now.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Paddington is Don Pepe London