Babylon Restaurant - Sydney
Babylon has been built upon the greatest expression of Middle Eastern hospitality, food. Our kitchen boasts authentic team of chefs who have created a menu rich with dishes inspired by childhood memories growing up in Turkey and traditional Levantine food.
Please note that if your preferred time at Babylon is not available, we may have availability at our sister venue Duck & Rice, which is right next door and also bookable on OpenTable!
I was really impressed. Thank you for a lovely lunch.
The place is OK, but to be honest there are so many better Lebanese style restaurants to go to I really wouldn't revisit Babylon. I would really recommend Nour in Surry Hills. Also, I ordered a cocktail at the bar and the waitress just grabbed a ready made cocktail bottle like you get at Dan Murphys and poured it into a glass and charged me $25....seriously!!!
Food was fabulous . So tasty.
Saw the eggplant being cooked over the grill and later turned up as the best babaganoush
We went during Sydney Festival because they advertised a tie-in menu deal, but staff seemed reluctant to let us have the deal. We had a late sitting so the restaurant was not very full, but staff were not coping. We had to actively seek their attention to order. Drinks that we ordered before we ordered food did not arrive until after food started coming. Food was really nice but service was really poor.
Excellent food and service. Suggest dont order the bread on the side for main-little taste and dry. Place became noisy as the night wore on- people and music
Babylon was suggested for us- a group of five- as a convenient restaurant for post a Sydney Festival event. I had not realised how happening the rooftop are of Westfield has become! Babylon in particular provided very good food options..... great taste and many options. Drinks and food worked out to be $77pp which given the quality was very good value. All of us would happily return and also recommend to friends.
Underwhelming yet overwhelming in every negative way.
Great experience and food would recommend & revist to try more dishes.
Food was good but the overall experience was let down by lack of service. Had to top up our own drinks and ask 3 people before someone got us water.
The food was exceptional. The service was outstanding and bespoke, however, after our dinner we decided to sit outside and enjoy the view and a beverage. To my surprise, we witnessed several tens of live cockroaches in the outdoor area. This was appalling and unacceptable, given the venue is on the 7th floor. As much as we very much enjoyed the food, and the staff were beyond exceptional, we sadly will not be returning.
Great atmosphere with good food. i recommend getting the snapper, it was delish
There are many reasons as to why I would not recommend Babylon.
1. I tried contacting Babylon numerous times prior to arriving to confirm argileh is served. Due to no one answering, we decided to go only to find out that argileh is only served on Saturdays. If you choose to continue this, please make it clearer on your website or social media as this will change a lot of people’s decisions, including ours.
2. I recommend you have the same menu inside and outside. We travelled to the city to enjoy a nice meal with a view and we did not appreciate that the menu basically halved because we wanted to maximise our city experience. If you are happy with such a minimised food menu, at least all cocktails served inside should be on the menu outside. It makes no sense that not all cocktails are offered outside considering that there is a bar.
3. My friend and I found it INCREDIBLY rude that you ask your customers to pick up their own coffee, mug and saucer, from the bar and bring it to our table. It also makes ZERO sense that you can table serve food yet you refuse to serve drinks to your customers despite us asking waiters numerous times to do so. This is not a pub, it is represented as a fine dining restaurant and we have never been asked, even at the most casual cafe, to collect our own coffee. We can guarantee that if the waiter told us this before paying, we would not have stayed.
4. Music fell short of our expectations. The atmosphere was inconsistent with the restaurant and its culture.
5. Overall, the restaurant showed no hospitality. The service was rude, set on their ways, and as customers we received no consideration.
Babylon, it’s name inspired by a town in Lebanon, symbolises a culture that is filled with hospitality and consideration. It is a shame that we did not receive this hospitality, and hope that you consider these points.
Staff are very unfriendly and are not willing to help.
Nice food. Only negative point is we had to keep on asking for our glasses to be topped up with water as the waitress did not leave the water jug on the table, given 3 out of 4 of us were drinking water.
Hi, Thank for taking the time to give us your feedback. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and customer service, so this feedback is extremely important to us. We are disappointed that your experience with us did not meet expectations. We will pass on your feedback to our team to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
Excellent variety of Middle Eastern cuisine. Well prepared dishes with great variety. The eggplant and hummus especially good.
Thanks for dining with us Alon. We look forward to having you back soon
Whole chicken wood fired was amazing! Service was beautiful and would return for sure!
Thank you Babylon for making our friendmas so lovely
Thanks for dining with us Portia! We look forward to having you guys back soon.
Food was good and well priced. My friends and I loved being able to purchase 1 litre of rosé on tap! Would recommend
Terrific food, and friendly, helpful service. Quite good value and a lovely, comfortable dining space. Outdoor bar for pre-dinner drink was very pleasant on a not-too-busy Saturday night. Would be happy to recommend.
Good food, pleasant service, bit noisy, charging for water is a bit rich.
Service was crap. Lots of staff not knowing what they were doing. Not attentive. Food was very average for the price
Food was absolutely perfect!! Can not wait to go back and try something else from the menu. The cocktails unfortunately were not very nice. Perfect for a group dinner followed by drinks in the bar section.
The food was nice but the service wasn't great. Forgotten drinks, getting food orders wrong, the waitress dropping food on the table and putting it back in the dish, forgetting to serve food that was ordered. The list goes on. Having spent over $500 for 3 people to be ushered out of the restaurant is not a good look. Don't think we will be coming back again.
Good food, the snapper and cauliflower was lovely. Also love that you can order different wine by the glass in various amounts.
Only thing was our waiter forgot to top up our water and we had to ask. But overall, nice experience.
The food was delicious however the service was poor and really brought the whole experience down. There is no one to greet you when you walk in making you feel confused as to whether or not you are in the right place. After an extra person showed up to our lunch that we had not booked for we had to move table, the manager made us feel like this was a huge imposition despite the restaurant not being full. The wait staff were no very helpful either explaining everything was someone else responsibility when we asked for help with something.