Elsie de Wolfe created the first penthouse in the 20’s. Also known as Lady Mendl, Elsie was an American actress, interior decorator, and author of the influential novel The House in Good Taste, and a prominent figure in New York, Paris, and London society. For all inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 646 834 2291
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Kitchen open until 11:30 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Kitchen open until 11:30 pm
5:00 pm - 2:00 am
Kitchen open until 11:30 pm
1:00 pm - 2:00 am
Kitchen open until 11:30pm
1:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Kitchen open until 10:30 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Staff temperature check required
- Diner temperature check required
- Contact tracing information collected
No view, slow service.
Cool bar with an awesome view and decor. Food was great. Drinks were meh. Service sucked. Super rude waitresses.
I went to Elsie Rooftop yesterday for an engagement brunch. From the start the hostess was rude and unfriendly. She put us in a corner of the restaurant no one else was in, with the smallest table I have ever seen. We had to request another table. The waitress wasn’t very friendly either. Food was flavorless. We ended up leaving early. Hostess didn’t even say goodbye or have a nice day, just glared. Never coming back, would not recommend to anyone.
So much noise. I wouldn’t come back
Service was not up to par but great ambiance
Hermoso lugar. La comida y lis tragos muy buenos
I was denied when requested a table in a different area. The host didn’t even bother checking to see if there was a table that could accommodate my party of 2. She just blatantly said, “ugh… no.” The service was slow. The rooftop was ok. Won’t be coming back.
Poor service, incredibly slow. No views, high shrubs made it impossible to see anything. Definitely not worth the price of the food/drinks
Absolutely amazing drinks! Love this place so much. Been here a few times already. Amazing music and vibes and views. Be back soon
Best rooftop in nyc
Where to begin. Starting with the positive, Kevin the host is a nice guy who tried to help. Next:
- reservation at 8:30 for dinner, table not ready. Agreed to get drinks at a high top, no problem, happens to everyone.
- 15 minutes later no service, no greeting, not even tap water. Spoke to a staff, she took us inside to a tiny table for two that looks like a side table. Clearly made for drinks. Spoke to Kevin, who hooked us up with a human sized table with space for plates.
- 10 minutes later, a charming waitress comes over and right out the gate goes are “you ready to order?” No hi hello or can I start you with some water. Said yes, made the order. Took my card to “open a tab”. Bit strange, it’s not a bar, it’s a restaurant.
- 15 minutes later, nothing. No drinks, no waitress. Went up to her and asked to get my card back as we’re leaving. Gave me the stink and said wait a second. I said nah not waiting anymore and went to Kevin who proceeded to get me my plastic. I said thanks, and the sweet waitress goes “you’re not the only customers here” 🤣. She should open a school for charm. I said thanks, but I’m not having this exchange with you. Kevin was apologetic and offered us a drink on the house. I said thank you but we better get going.
- The vibe was strange, no one ordering anything, no waiters moving around. It’s as though there was a mutiny brewing and they were holding people and their credit cards hostage.
- Overall, if you’re the m in s&m then it’s the place for you. Other than that, stick with the known groups. Also the bathrooms were not clean, Tp on the floor everywhere as if someone got kidnapped and was leaving clues.
- Buddakann saved the night thankfully.
We had a great time here! Loved the rooftop ambiance! Will definitely come back for brunch and jazz nights! 😀
We did not get food but just got drinks on a Sunday afternoon. The place has comfortable seating and has multiple areas for sitting down. Drinks were good but I gave an average rating as our server was rude. I will come back here again as the drinks were really good though, but will probably not stay for too long
Awful experience. Spent 15 minutes at the premisses and wish I had never bothered making plans to go there for some food and drinks. Staff was terrible, untrained and didn't know much what they were doing. Food was pricey and looking over to other tables orders, looked disgusting. Music sounded like a random selection from a free version of a music app.
The reviews/overall score are misleading, go elsewhere!
Nice ambiance for a nice evening, food was okay.
Great music! Good food !!
We walked out after five minutes because it was super loud.
the waitress was not very helpful. told her that we don't want another round but she sent another round anyways and played dumb. the drinks were just fine. It was packed on thursday and the rooftop was pretty cute.
Place was fine but I was seated at a hightop by the bar that didnt have waitress service. We werent told this, waited patiently for a while and had to approach the bar to get any service.
Not great overall!
The food was pretty good as well as the service unfortunately the the section where the sat us was dirty & the couch smelled. For the location and the price I expect to seat on a clean couch!
Service wasn’t good. She wouldn’t even let us finish ordering before trying to walk away. Both servers
Busboy had more social and service skills then the two ladies combined.
I would recommend this place to anyone. The food is great not to mention the drinks..... and boy oh boy the live entertainment was everything 💯💯
Great space and decor
The only good thing about this bar is that it was able to sit us an hour earlier than our reservation. We waited 20 minutes (into a 75 max limit stay for a table) before a server even came to check on us. The atmosphere was chaotic there were servers/staff openly being aloof or looking "over it", several employees walked past us multiple times before someone came over. The chaos of people moving seats took precedence for the staff instead of service. The hallway for the restroom where the elevator was in was absolutely packed and impossible to navigate through for several minutes. After we got our drinks we stayed about ten minutes to finish them and left. The music was so loud nothing short of screaming was possible. And the majority of the bar is enclosed leaving space for about ten small tables on the outskirts to truly be "rooftop" experience.
Had a great time I would for sure go there again!
It was awesome, but music was a little too loud
Very loud music without a vibe
Unfriendly waiting staff
Great location but not realizing it's potential. Lacks inspiration and a desire to excite the guests.
Ongoing business might be blindsiding the management and blocking positive changes
This place is amazing I just wish they had a wider variety of cocktails
Food was horrible. It was basically frozen food that they reheat and charge $18+. Not going back.
I was here to celebrate my graduation. We were seated right in front of the air conditioning and were not greeted by a server. We had to flag down the server each time we wanted something. I ordered the Elsie cocktail three times, and each time it tasted completely different. However, the music was amazing—a little loud—and the food was delicious with generous portions. Ambiance is beautiful for most tables.
Some of the worst service I’ve had in years. Ended up leaving earlier than expected since our waitress barely came to our table to check up on us. We would go 20-25 minutes without being asked for drinks or food and it wasn’t even busy.
Nice venue. Good cocktails. Not a great view at all. It's a rooftop though and it has a glass roof so a good place if it's raining.
Service was terrible & drinks were awful.
As soon as we sat down the service was on point and we got taken cared off. Highly recommend this spot.
What a beautiful location! Their menu had small bites and everything was delicious, (try the truffle grilled cheese, you wont be sorry!!) The staff was attentive and friendly! The only downside was sitting at a high top next to the wall and a speaker being directly overhead, making it hard to hear my guest while talking.
food, drinks and service was amazing. love the place, great vibing place!
We had a lot of expectations as this was our 1 st visit there since the pandemic - and wanted to be with the crowds -
We were seated in the back far corner and was isolated from the rest of the crowd -no one sat in our area for 1.5 hr while we were there -
When we asked Our seating to be changed to the front balcony by the bar they said there are all reserved seating but we also had a reservation done and was not a walk in -
Overall we felt like we were dinning in our house -
Will not come back again -
There are far more nicer / cheaper rooftop bar in NYC then this place -
Their Instagram is a sham -
I chose this place as we expected this to be an open rooftop. Instead we were seated in a closed dar area with no views whatsoever and a very loud music which basically made it difficult to talk to each other
Elsie Rooftop is rated 4.1 stars by 341 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting bookings at the moment.