This includes info about cleaning, sanitising, social distancing, and usage of personal protective equipment. Learn more.
Poets House Afternoon Tea
Enjoy a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes, and warm scones with clotted cream and jam, all lovingly prepared and served in beautiful historic surroundings.
For a little extra indulgence why not add a glass of chilled bubbly?
When booking, please confirm any dietary requirements and also that you are booking for afternoon tea.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
We celebrated my mums 80th birthday with a wonderful tea. Portions were so generous we had to take some home. Staff were fantastic and the venue felt very COVID safe. I would recommend this for a quiet rainy afternoon anytime.
The venue is lovely, beautifully decorated and peaceful. The food was pretty good but nothing outstanding. The thing that let this down was the service. The girl who took us to our table forgot our cutlery. The girl who brought our afternoon tea didn’t tell us what we had. We were not offered refills of our tea/coffee even though we were entitled to them. We had to ask for napkins too.
Overall not terrible service but for the money I’d have expected a little more.
Staff were all friendly, there was anti-bac available, tables were separated so we weren't close to anybody else. Food was delicious and nicely presented.
Poets House Afternoon Tea is rated 4.5 stars by 3 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting bookings at the moment.