The Great Shefford
The pub is managed by the team behind King Charles Tavern in Newbury and The Broad Face Abingdon. Led by Joshua Khan, Georgiana Caras (General Manager) and Kevin Mulraney (Head Chef), our aim is to offer a friendly and relaxed environment where everybody is welcome.
As this is the Valley of the Racehorse, we’ve set aside a special area of welcome for those who want to keep their eyes on events on the turf in our dedicated Racing Lounge, with wide-screen TV and up-to-date editions of the sporting press.
We are open seven days a week, from morning through to late evening, serving lunch and dinner as well as simpler food offerings such as bar snacks and sandwiches.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
The Great Shefford offers takeaway which you can order by calling the restaurant at 01488 648462.
The Great Shefford is rated 4.5 stars by 103 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting bookings at the moment.