The Old Thatched Cottage
From a quaint holiday cottage to busy tea rooms, before finally becoming one of Weston-super-Mare’s most popular restaurants, The Old Thatched Cottage has been owned and operated by the Michael family since it was purchased by Axentis Michael back in 1959.
This iconic Grade II listed landmark on the town’s seafront offers a perfect mix of old and new… original 18th Century features, period charm and the only remaining thatched roof in Weston-super-Mare.
As a proudly independent, family-run restaurant, handed down through the generations, Maria and her team bring together over 50 years of expertise to create a first-rate, affordable dining experience in Weston-super-Mare.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
The food was amazing & the outside firepit is a great idea
Lovely setting and food
Can’t wait to come again xx
Excellent in all ways
Great meal and pleasant surroundings.
Will be back to try the outside seating
Fab service and very COVID aware. Great place,the fire pits are a lovely addition👍
Really amazing service food was quick and was outstanding!!! Definitely be back again!
Food was hot and delicious! A good variety of dishes ( even on limited menu) service was outstanding and cocktails were fabulous
The Old Thatched Cottage is rated 5 stars by 7 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting bookings at the moment.