The White Hart Westerham
You’ll also find a range of daily-changing specials and a carefully selected drinks list, including beautiful wines, ales and lagers, cocktails, and bubbles. So, whether it’s for a drink at the bar with family and friends, a special dining experience or a relaxed afternoon with great food – you can sit back and unwind, and we’ll take car
We received wonderful service from our waitress Rosie and delicious food. Thank you for your care and attention in making our meal a special one for our family.
Surprisingly quiet for a Friday evening (went very early though and by time we were leaving was very busy) and service was prompt and food was very swiftly produced. If I had one critique it was not very many chips with the cod and chips! However, would definitely go again!
A historic country pub with good food, ale wines and atmosphere. Recommended !
I was recommended this place by my work colleagues and was not disappointed.
The food was of a high standard and good portions. The service could have been a little better. For dessert I had ordered the mini dessert with a hot drink and I received the hot drink a good 5 minutes before the dessert which was a little disappointing as they should have been served at the same time.
Has the Sunday roast and couldn’t eat the potatoes as they were so hard ! Cauliflower cheese was very balance 😩 sorry but won’t be rushing back for a roast
Great Sunday lunch venue, with healthy sized portions and a nice atmosphere. Molly who looked after our table was especially attentive and added to the experience.
Waitress was very friendly and accommodating, food was very tasty, meat very tender. Price of meal was reasonable. Overall a very pleasant experience
Excellent lunch time choice would recommend dining here. We were group of friends catching up and nothing was too much trouble and we were allowed to take our time which we did. All said we would not hesitate to go again. Diane H
We liked the venue...however...we thought that the amount of food did not represent the amount of money that we spent. We went mid afternoon and two of us had the fillet steak which only came with one mushroom, half a tomato and a pot of chips...not a lot for £24. I can only assume that the waitress was new...she was very pleasant but we had to ask three times if we could have some water!!!
Fantastic pub, beautiful decor and delicious food!
We have dined several times there as a convenient half way house to meet up with friends who live in South East London. We have become disillusioned recently as the menu does not seem to change and service level has deteriorated with fewer staff. On latest visit staffing was low with only 3 evident for serving on bar and at tables. Response time was too slow and error made on food order and bill. Pity as good ambience and convenient location. We will not be in a hurry to return.
Let me start by saying that the food was fantastic
The service was appalling. There were at least 5 very clear examples of poor service. A selection of them were:
1) The wine I selected was not available. That was fair enough. The barman sent over a wine that was not even close to the one that was not in stock. It was the most expensive wine on the menu though.
2) The waitress tried to persuade us that our choice of main course was wrong. She said that "i can't understand that you want to order streaks when a chateaubriand is available." That just felt odd when both were on the menu
3) We ordered a side dish of Mac & Cheese. When the steaks arrived there was no Mac & Cheese. I asked if it was on its way. A waiter then came out the tell me that I had no ordered one. I said that I had but it wasn't an issue and to just strike it from the bill. He then appeared after a further two minutes to say that they were no making one. I said that I was too late as I had started my meal. Then after a further 5 minutes a different waiter appeared with a Mac & Cheese. He looked very nervous and quietly placed it on the table. I felt sorry for the young man and let hi leave it there.
4) Then, after a long(ish) wait another waiter appeared to clear away the plates from the main course. Then nothin happened for 15 minutes when yet another waitress asked if we were all finished. We asked if it would be possible to have a desert as we were eating from the Valentines Menu which was inclusive of desert. We quickly ordered and then after a few mins the deserts arrived and were placed on the table. There was only one small issue, there was no cutlery to eat them with. After asking we were given them by a waiter.
5) Then while eating the deserts the waitress started organising the tables around us. It was around 10:55pm at this time and did not exactly add to a romantic Valentine's atmosphere.
Hopefully this was a one-off at the White Heart
Always has a nice atmosphere and good service. Good pretty consistent too. Good for business.
We have been to the White Hart for a number of Sunday Lunches but on this occasion it was a 7o’c Friday evening meal with my son and grand daughters one of whom is vegan.
There were a number of food items not available which disappointed us specially that we booked our table early in the evening. I understand that pubs are particularly busy at lunch times and stocks get low but surely this is a regular pattern and should be taken account of by the management.
We thought the food was out of this world and the table service in the garden was really good especially when it had been a very busy day for the restaurant staff. Would definitely recommend.
Good food service and general ambiance BUT the ladies toilets are in desperate need of a clean up, redecoration and new flooring. Very shabby compared to downstairs. Didn’t want to touch any surfaces especially the doors and door handles as they were very grubby.
Waited 50 mins for table with almost no apology. Grumpy service. Staff clearly can’t cope with quantity of tables and manager had no idea what to do or didn’t care
The White Hart was a lovely restaurant and they were very helpful as we booked with Open Table the White Hart hadn't actually received our booking for some reason, but they managed to find us a table, so brilliant service from White Hart, downside was booking through Open Table.
We love this venue for Sunday meals to suit kids and adults and try for early evening. We were left waiting 30 minutes and with 3 kids under 7 it was tricky. Meant we didn’t have pudding or coffee. However the mains and starter was good.
We eat here a lot & ive never been disappointed. Great food nice ambience & lovely staff. Always on hand to help. Keep u the good work!
Nice location ..good food ...and good service
We found this place after a day out at Chartwell and loved ift. We've eaten here 4 times now and it never disappoints! Delicious food, very friendly staff and just a lovely atmosphere. One of our favourites!
Not enough staff on so long wait. Also they had no knowledge of my booking but did manage to give us a table.
We were greeted and shared our opentable booking but the system had not worked. Still, they were lovely and got us a table. Nice staff and reasonable food.
The White Hart Westerham is rated 4.1 stars by 24 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting bookings at the moment.