The White Lion
Restaurants you may also like
In 2017, with the retirement of long-standing owners, the local community took the opportunity to raise money to purchase The White Lion and do some refurbishment, including the creation of a wild-flower beer garden. Over 170 people bought shares, raising over £220,000 to make The White Lion North Shropshire’s first community-owned pub. This was further supported by grant and loan support from The Plunkett Foundation through their ‘More than a Pub’ programme. This has enabled the Lion to keep roaring, and we go from strength to strength.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Contact tracing information collected
We received a very warm welcome. Great selection of ales and gin. Fabulous service with great food. We had a lovely afternoon, friendly atmosphere and good conversation. We will return.
Excellent food great value and felt very safe under circumstances of COVID-19
Always given a warm and friendly welcome here, great staff, great food and good company
The White Lion offers takeaway which you can order by calling the restaurant at 01948 663153.
The White Lion is rated 5 stars by 3 OpenTable diners.