Toulouse Lautrec Restaurant & Jazz Club
Get it delivered
It was nice because I've never been there before but felt the food was a little over priced for the quality of the dishes, plus I'm sure they showed skare wings and capers on their website but when I went I couldn't see any on the menu I was gutted, how can you not have skate wings in a French restaurant???
The entertainment was great I think the artist was called Aisling Aris, however I paid online and it just looked like people walked in without paying because most of the people was sat down before the ticket person was there.
The lighting was great the service was very good and I had great company however they didn't enjoy their vegetarian meal which was a bit disappointing but overall the night went well however my friend said they would not come back because they didn't like their meal and their wasn't enough vegetarian options.
Tasty food and nice interior ambience.
Great food and music. Sadly nobody was playing the piano.
As always, 5-star experience. One of the best places in London.
An oasis at Kennington. Live jazz music, great food and top class service.
Very loud if sitting in upstairs dining room when they have singer / piano player.
Ask to sit downstairs if want to be able to talk
Our favourite French restaurant in London. Great food, great atmosphere and attentive staff.
As ever, excellent service and food. The terrace was also perfect for the sunny afternoon.
Perfect food, good wine. Great music and value.
I wish there was an option for 6-stars rating! As always, the food was absolutely delicious, staff was super nice, and music very enjoyable (talented artists). We'll definitely come back.
5 stars experience. Amazing live music, very romantic ambience, superb service and yummy food!
Have been lots of times to Toulouse Lautrec, but this was the first time for breakfast. Unfortunately, it was almost empty but the food and service was as good as usual. Highly recommended.
Not cheap but worth it. TL has never disappointed. Can get a bit noisy later in the evening so if you want a quiet dinner go early.
Amazing place & live jazz music! Also not too pricey. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. We're definitely coming back.
Good quality food typical of the region of the name (Toulouse Lautrec from Albi). Reasonable priced wine and good music duo at the right volume. Whetted our appetite for a concert on the top floor!
The menu is fantastic and the meals we chose were delicious. Service is very friendly. Relaxed atmosphere, we will definitely visit again
Probably the best restaurant/piano bar in south London.
The atmosphere is brilliant and very romantic. The jazz singer was quite good and the piano accompaniment was brilliant. I liked how the act interacted with the diners without being too disturbing. The food was not to the standard I expected. I had a prawn in shell pastry which was soggy at the bottom and ended up hard to cut. Then the main course was good but not brilliant. The dish was a mixture of duck, sausages and beans which somehow did not come together. However the desert (creme brulee) was absolutely divine. The service was also top notch
Absolutely amazing food
Our dinner was beautifully presented and of a vey high standard. The dining room is a little cramped but it has a nice atmosphere. My vegeteraian dishes were excellent.
This was our first visit for my wife’s birthday , each course was amazing and the staff so attentive. Having the jazz club upstairs topped the night off, such a great venue and experience.
We will definitely recommend and visit again.
this is really not a restaurant, but a jazz club which does food. Main course was well cooked, but other courses were distinctly plain, and certainly not worth the £48 per head. While they may occupy the same premises as the Lobster Pot of old, it is not at all the same proposition.
Service was awful, food arrived all in wrong order then main was stone cold
We have been to this restaurant for the food and music in the past. one my fav places in London. Valentine’s Day was not a nice experience.
- tables too close to each other for romantic dinner. Every time the waiter was coming to serve, he couldn’t do his job properly without imposing his body on the customers sitting. We had to help carrying our plates as it was impossible to carry without increasing the possibility of an accident.
- Our starter arrived but it was not our ..starter. It was the ladies at the table next to us. It was left on our table for 2-3 mins then we informed him and he removed it. Went back and brought the same plate to the lady ( it didn’t have the lactose part of the dish - That’s why I noriced ). Otherwise it would have been a real problem as I would have touched the food. He shouldn’t have surved the same dish sitting with me for 3 mins to the lady next to me.
- we ordered wine and a wrong one arrived. The more expensive one. I said to my partner ( after we corrected the waiter ) that we need to check the bill as I have the feeling that we will be charged the more expensive one. You guessed it ... we were charged the expensive bottle. We pointed it out and got our money back.
- the food was of great quality but nowhere near enough. We left hungry. Didn’t worth the money we spent for it. We had to eat some more when back home.
- the lady on our left finished their food and asked one waiter for the bill. In less than a min another waiter arrived at their table and started “explaining” to them that they needed to go because it was explained to them on the phone that their slot reached its end. He was polite but I can see the lady trying to interrupt him and explain that she knows about all these slot business and just asked for the bill from the other waiter.
- the lady and gent on my right received a plate with just leaves, no olive oil as one of the 5 dishes as they are lactose intol.
Shame one of my fav restaurant.
Well the service is not great, but it could have been worse.
I booked first a normal booking to go and have a nice meal (standard menu), and then I received a call after a couple of weeks that there would be a set menu. So I had no choice and I proceed accordingly.
With my husband we were not drinking alcohol, and the dessert set choice had alcohol, so we skip this.
The only change they could make was giving us only an apple tart. We decided not to have dessert.
Well it was disappointing because at least the server could have offered maybe a hot herbal tea instead.
And talking about tea, we went after dinner to the Jazz special show, and I ordered a hot tea, and it took almost one hour because the barman was busy and also the tea option was coming from the restaurant kitchen downstairs that was also busy. I cannot imagine this place in xmas or any peak time of the year. However I hope the restaurant takes action of this to improve its service because the place is legend and the food is yummy.
Lovely ambience, great jazz singers, delicious food and good service. Will be back.
My favourite restaurant in London - lovely food (always check out the specials), followed by fantastic jazz. The staff are always friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The French Onion soup was rich and delicious, the turbot was outstanding. I’ll be back!
Fantastic food, fantastic music and fantastic service.
Loved the food and service. It was pre-theatre so very quiet - next time I’ll go after 7.30pm for the live music!
Very nice experience!
This was a birthday treat that did not disappoint! Music was great. They played my favourite tunes! Only tiny point was thst there could have been more vegetarian options on the menu.
Will certainly come again soon!
One of my favourite places in London now definitely. One of those you enjoy just being in. Music is great! For those dining - fish is delicious and try tasting the house wines.