Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Inspired by the neighbourhood bars we've found on our travels through France and Italy, we offer interesting wines, charcuterie and crowd pleasing plates full of punchy flavours. We're a place where an hour spins into several without anyone noticing.
Open evenings Tuesday to Friday, all day Saturday and close late.
Enough said. Come and find out.
Menus are inspired by the very best seasonal, local artisan ingredients, whilst a carefully curated wine list draws from both new and old worlds.
The sleek, elegant dining room, complete with a chef’s table, offers an indulgent six course tasting experience. More casual small plates and sharing dishes are served in the opulent viewing box.
SIX’s stunning centrepiece bar serves innovative cocktails and both draught and bottled beers, with an emphasis on local breweries and distilleries.
A city centre restaurant with a city centre buzz. In the heart of Newcastle's Quayside, 21 has an excitement and warmth all of its own. Smart but not stuffy, sleek but not pretentious, fun but not gimmicky - It's about eating good food in comfortably stylish surroundings.
Menus include Lunch and Early Evening Fixed Price, Five Course Seasonal and à la Carte.
To help keep everyone safe, our teams will continue to wear face masks and we'd love you to do the same when nentering and moving around the pub and dining room.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding and we look forward to seeing you.
We serve brunch every morning from 10am to 4:30pm.
Our Mediterranean & Middle Eastern inspired tapas style menu is served from 5pm to 10pm.
Our great coffee, homemade cakes and cocktails are served all day - and we’re dog friendly!
Please inform the staff of any allergies when booking & due to the nature of our menu please note we cannot accommodate anyone with a severe nut or sesame allergy.
The restaurant serves a classic, gutsy British menu sourcing seasonal produce from local farms and markets accompanied by a large award-winning wine list. It also has an adjoining 50-seat Banquet Hall for private parties and weddings and above the restaurant is a Cookery School and Wine/Beer/Whisky Tasting Room. See their website for a full list of what’s on.
Blackfriars has won a host of awards including The Taste of the North East winner in the North East Tourism Awards, Best Sunday Lunch in Newcastle by readers of the Independent, Best restaurant in the North East/Newcastle’ by readers of The Observer and Metro Newspaper. It has an AA rosette, inclusion in the Which? Good Food Guide, Hardens and Michelin Guides.
Join us to dine in our elegant brasserie which aims to serve classic dishes, including a generous Sunday lunch, using the very best ingredients with plenty of flavor but no fuss or in the bar for some light bites and fantastic drinks curated by a team of some of Newcastle best mixologists.
Above all we want you to relax, enjoy the music and feel at home here at Hibou Blanc.
Please note our bar operates on a walk-in only basis, and you can book our main restaurant to enjoy both our lunch and our a la carte menu. When joining for Afternoon Tea please state this in your booking notes.
- ZJZoeJDurham/County Durham •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoFood was beautiful, especially the goats cheese and figs. The cheese was so creamy. The selection of easy drinking and discovery wines are a great way to taste the wines before buying a bigger glass. Will definitely be back soon.More infoThe French Quarter££££Price: Expensive• French• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerYorkshire •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWe had the fish menu in the restaurant and had a brilliant time. Really top-quality ingredients perfectly cooked, and we're already planning several return trips. Stand-out excellent service from everyone. Very professional with real friendliness and warmth too - we were well looked after.More infoPorterhouse Butcher & Grill££££Price: Moderate• Steakhouse• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.7
- SLSoniaLvipNewcastle and Northumberland •13 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoOur first visit. Will definitely return. Lovely food attentive efficient serviceMore infoCôte Brasserie - Newcastle££££Price: Moderate• French• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.5
- AAAnneANewcastle and Northumberland •1 review4.0Dined 5 days agoPolite service and lovely presentation of good foodMore infoHibou Blanc££££Price: Expensive• British• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •1 review5.0Dined on 23 Feb 2024Attended for a business dinner, received a warm welcome and was offered a drink at the bar to await the arrival of the rest of my guests. When seated we were tended to by a very attentive server, Angela. Between herself and the manager (sorry I have forgotten his name) there was never an empty glass on our table. Food was delightful, whilst it’s one of the higher price points in the north east, you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck. Even the notoriously fussy eaters in my party had nothing but praise for the flavour of the meat and the execution of the cooking to their preferences. All in all another great visit to the Gaucho group and delighted to have a north eastern post, to which I will definitely frequent on a regular basis.More infoGaucho Newcastle££££Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.3
Frequently asked questions
As of March 4, 2024 there are 36 restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find British, French, American, Steakhouse, Middle Eastern and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne who deliver with Postmates, Deliveroo, Toast, Uber Eats, Just Eat.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.